Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 118157 times)
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3660 on: February 15, 2013, 10:34 PM »

What happened to Federer? Surprised

He lost 6-3 7-5 to Benneteau.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3661 on: February 15, 2013, 11:37 PM »

I must stop chuckling about Federer's loss, it makes me look mean lol. I might even forgive Benneteau for Wimbledon now. Although, fancy cramping like that at the wrong time!

Speaking of cramp, poor Klizan looked like he was dying when he retired in the third against Simon. Mind you, that match felt so long!

Looking forward to Del Potro/Dimitrov tomorrow. I'd love Dimitrov to do it, but don't really think he will.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3662 on: February 16, 2013, 12:12 AM »

Smugfed must have been injured.  What possible other explanation is there for this unexplained defeat?    yay yay yay yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3663 on: February 16, 2013, 01:11 AM »

^ Twins kept him awake all night? #exhausted  Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile Nadal has beaten Carlos Berlocq 3-6, 6-4, 6-4.  Rafa showed signs of his old form and moved well round the court, but Berlocq pushed him all the way.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3664 on: February 16, 2013, 04:34 AM »

I must stop chuckling about Federer's loss, it makes me look mean lol.

Me too! lol
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3665 on: February 16, 2013, 08:17 AM »

Like teejay and ZARFEEN15, I too can't stop enjoying Fed's loss. I'm so delighted that his Fans at Rotterdam with their bl..dy stupid banners have been left with egg on their face.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3666 on: February 16, 2013, 10:22 AM »

Smugfed must have been injured.  What possible other explanation is there for this unexplained defeat?    yay yay yay yay

Give him long enough and I'm sure he'll think of something Whistle.

To be fair though, late last night I was reading an article on the BBC's website about the match and I have to say that Federer had one of those rare shows of humility. It was most unlike him. I'll see if I can find it when I've got more time.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3667 on: February 16, 2013, 10:25 AM »

Like teejay and ZARFEEN15, I too can't stop enjoying Fed's loss. I'm so delighted that his Fans at Rotterdam with their bl..dy stupid banners have been left with egg on their face.

Oh their banners drive me mad as well! Definitely a candidate for Room 101.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3668 on: February 16, 2013, 10:54 AM »

I think Federer's suffered from playing the Gillette tour in December instead of training and then not playing a tournament before the AO. His tennis is nowhere near his usual standard - so many errors from him yesterday. Pleased for Benneteau though - when on form his tennis is great to watch. 
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3669 on: February 16, 2013, 11:03 AM »

"I don’t want to leave, I want to play. I feel bad for the fans who don’t get to see me now. Hopefully this wasn’t my last time here."

R Federer, following yesterday's loss
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3670 on: February 16, 2013, 11:10 AM »

"I don’t want to leave, I want to play. I feel bad for the fans who don’t get to see me now. Hopefully this wasn’t my last time here."

R Federer, following yesterday's loss

Well, bang goes my humility theory. I did say it was a rare show though lol.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3671 on: February 16, 2013, 11:38 AM »

So Fed was paid one million euros to play at this event, so the question now is did he tank on purpose took the money and ran? Whatever the reasons surely organizers of these events should stop throwing huge amounts of money his way from now on when he's starting to look like a player who can no longer guarantee them a final
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3672 on: February 16, 2013, 11:41 AM »

So Fed was paid one million euros to play at this event, so the question now is did he tank on purpose took the money and ran? Whatever the reasons surely organizers of these events should stop throwing huge amounts of money his way from now on when he's starting to look like a player who can no longer guarantee them a final

I think they should stop throwing huge amounts of money at him full stop. 1m Euro's? That's outrageous.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3673 on: February 16, 2013, 12:38 PM »

I think they should stop throwing huge amounts of money at him full stop. 1m Euro's? That's outrageous.

Exactly, I thought I had read the amount wrong first.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3674 on: February 16, 2013, 12:43 PM »

So, looking forward to the semis between Sharapova and Serena Williams in the Qatar Open. Gonna be interesting cuz if Serena wins, she becomes the World no.1 and if Sharapova wins, she still has a chance to get her hands on a diamond studded trophy...

My dad is gonna be there... (I asked him to take cotton for his ears) and he thinks he is gonna enjoy the match cuz according to him, it is 'Beauty vs Beast'!

So I think Williams is gonna win it in 3 sets, what do you guys feel?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »