Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 120908 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3735 on: February 23, 2013, 01:12 PM »

I remember reading about him last year, must have been after US Open. I think he is the first guy to reach the finals of all 4 Junior Slams in the same year since Edberg?

Don't know about Edberg. Good question, Elena.

Filip has a thread on another forum where he candidly answers any questions about what it's like being on the Pro circuit, and advice about tennis in general. Really candid and refreshing.
Here's the link if anyone interested:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=442583
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3736 on: February 23, 2013, 01:30 PM »

Don't know about Edberg. Good question, Elena.

Have looked it up now

"Peliwo became the first boy since Stefan Edberg in 1983 to reach all four grand slam junior finals in the same year" (Edberg won all 4!)

The article is more about Liam Broady who came close to beating him
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/sep/09/us-open-2012-britain-liam-broady

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3737 on: February 23, 2013, 01:39 PM »

Thanks for that, it will be interesting to watch his progress.
Shame for Liam, though. Frown
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3738 on: February 24, 2013, 02:35 PM »

Fed thinks he can snatch #1 from Nole. lol
And says he's not retiring anytime soon.
http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/tennis/the-era-of-djokovic-and-murray-federer-says-it-s-too-early-to-count-him-out-1.79641

The era of Djokovic and Murray? Federer says it's too early to count him out

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray have played in the last two Grand Slam finals and it's easy to imagine their rivalry overshadowing an aging Roger Federer and an injury-plagued Rafael Nadal in the years to come.

But the second-ranked Federer will have none of it.

As he prepares to defend his Dubai Championships title, the 31-year-old Federer says Sunday he is playing "excellent tennis" and is confident he can overtake Djokovic for top spot. He also brushed aside talk of retirement, insisting he can play for "many more years to come" and still can win another Grand Slam title.

The 17-time Grand Slam champion added to his total with a Wimbledon title in 2012 but lost in the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open and the semifinals of this year's Australian Open
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3739 on: February 24, 2013, 02:48 PM »

In his sweetest dreams.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3740 on: February 24, 2013, 03:06 PM »

In his sweetest dreams.
  He has such a great opinion of himself, he believes he can walk on water. I'll enjoy seeing him sink and sink, disappearing from sight. Very Happy
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3741 on: February 24, 2013, 03:31 PM »

CMON FED! THESE YUPPIES HAVE NOTHING ON YOU OI OI OI!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3742 on: February 24, 2013, 03:31 PM »

Well I hope he is well and truely thrashed the man is so arrogant and full of his self importance. I watched the Olympic Tennis final again last night and had a great feeling of satisfaction when Andy thrashed him. I would like to see more of that this year.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3743 on: February 24, 2013, 03:33 PM »

And says he's not retiring anytime soon.
http://www.timescolonist.com/sports/tennis/the-era-of-djokovic-and-murray-federer-says-it-s-too-early-to-count-him-out-1.79641

The era of Djokovic and Murray? Federer says it's too early to count him out

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray have played in the last two Grand Slam finals and it's easy to imagine their rivalry overshadowing an aging Roger Federer and an injury-plagued Rafael Nadal in the years to come.

But the second-ranked Federer will have none of it.

As he prepares to defend his Dubai Championships title, the 31-year-old Federer says Sunday he is playing "excellent tennis" and is confident he can overtake Djokovic for top spot. He also brushed aside talk of retirement, insisting he can play for "many more years to come" and still can win another Grand Slam title.

The 17-time Grand Slam champion added to his total with a Wimbledon title in 2012 but lost in the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open and the semifinals of this year's Australian Open

Excellent Tennis? He was god awful in Rotterdam.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3744 on: February 24, 2013, 04:56 PM »

Federer relies on his serves a bit much these days. He'll still do well in indoors where the conditions are controlled. That will allow his serves be more effective. Today's top players are much faster than him in terms of movement and they can also defend their territory quite well. Federer offense can't break that kind of defense we all know it. Then there are other players who can overpower him these days.

Still, for a 31 year old, he's doing quite well. We should give him at least that.

Some great rallies here by two players at age almost 31 and 32. 2001 US Open Qtr Final.

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3745 on: February 24, 2013, 04:59 PM »

I can now see who Andy based his forehand on. His and Agassi's look so alike.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3746 on: February 24, 2013, 05:06 PM »

Agassi used to take the ball very, very early...something Andy's doing lately (also in his return game). However, Andy's cross-court running forehand is very Sampraslike. Also, his 1st serve is more aligned with Sampras, a lot of spin at times. Nice placings with a lot of accuracy as well. Andy's passing shots are very much like Agassi's - like how he takes his time and pauses a bit before going for it. Love it.

I love Sampras' loopy backhand. No one does it anymore. Alas.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3747 on: February 24, 2013, 05:15 PM »

Great result for Tsonga in Marseilles - Berdych must be gutted to miss the title after being a set up. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bloke, in both respects.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3748 on: February 24, 2013, 05:17 PM »

According to Neil Harman, Fed will play Indian Wells and then not until Madrid in May - he wants to spend April with his family. No Monte Carlo for him then.

It was a really good result for Tsonga - good to see him play well again. Ferrer/Wawrinka has just started if anyone wants to see that.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3749 on: February 24, 2013, 05:21 PM »

Great result for Tsonga in Marseilles - Berdych must be gutted to miss the title after being a set up. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bloke, in both respects.

How do you feel about Tsonga's celebrations? For some reason, it irritated me a bit today. Typically I don't pay too much attention to these things. I do like Jo a lot.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »