Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 121010 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3795 on: February 25, 2013, 04:16 PM »

Hmmm, I guess I got too excited....
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3796 on: February 25, 2013, 04:20 PM »

Oh well...oh so mental.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3797 on: February 25, 2013, 04:31 PM »

I wish he had served first in this set. Holding nicely so far. Had a breakpoint in the previous game.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3798 on: February 25, 2013, 04:45 PM »

So Fed clears the first round and wins it 5-7, 6-0, 6-2 doh
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3799 on: February 25, 2013, 04:50 PM »

Ross Hutchins interview here:

http://www.thetennispodcast.libsyn.com/rss
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3800 on: February 25, 2013, 05:17 PM »

So federer then is aiming for number 1 and is playing excellant tennis (his words) yet has a set taken off him from some guy ranked 128, ok Fed  Whistle
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3801 on: February 25, 2013, 05:19 PM »

According to Neil Harman, Fed will play Indian Wells and then not until Madrid in May - he wants to spend April with his family. No Monte Carlo for him then.

It was a really good result for Tsonga - good to see him play well again. Ferrer/Wawrinka has just started if anyone wants to see that.
His schedule has been out since December - this was always the case. Surprised the journo's are only now picking up on it.

Federer claims he's hoping this schedule will allow him to play for 'many more years'.

I've always maintained he will only retire when he's no longer competitive in Slams. And by that I mean getting straight setted by the top guys or knocked out before the semis in at least three or four successive slams. I can't see him being the type to retire on a high.

Lost a set to Jaziri today, before trouncing him 0&2. Although I assume this has already been mentioned (not seen the last few pages).

Great result for Tsonga in Marseilles - Berdych must be gutted to miss the title after being a set up. Couldn't happen to a more deserving bloke, in both respects.
I'm delighted Jo finally managed to beat Berdych in a final, it's been a while. He's noticeably improved since taking on Rasheed - seems a lot more confident in 2013.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3802 on: February 25, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Well I watched the match from the beginning and Smugfed did not look at all happy in the first set he was terrible and made so many mistakes. I really cannot see him being number one again,apparently he is having a month off in April to spend time with his family. shocking
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3803 on: February 25, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Also great to see Kei back in the top 16. Hopefully he can stay fit and kick on now. Won his last two ATP 500's in a row now - impressive stuff.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3804 on: February 25, 2013, 05:24 PM »

What the heck has happened to David goffin this year?, he is 2-6 for the year so far with his only wins coming against Ebden in Brisbane and Pashanski in the DC, he got beat in the first round of Auckland by Belluci, lost in the first round at the AO to Verdasco in 5 sets, got double bageled by Nieminen of all people in Rotterdam also in the first round, lost in teh first round in Marseille to Llodra and now has lost in the first round of Dubai to Bautistsgaaut.

I had high hopes for this guy.
Second season syndrome. Happens to many players. Young, Bogomolov and Stebe most recently.

It's a shame, I like Goffin. Hopefully he can turn it around but at the moment it looks like he's heading straight back to the 100s. Defending a lot at Roland Garros.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3805 on: February 25, 2013, 05:46 PM »

So federer then is aiming for number 1 and is playing excellant tennis (his words) yet has a set taken off him from some guy ranked 128, ok Fed  Whistle

I thought he played really well at the AO given the tough road. His performance however has gone down since then on, so I take it he's concentrating more on Majors. I don't see however how and where he's going to take over the No. 1 position from Nole, if he continues to struggle in small tournaments. And the Slams are clearly not as given as before.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3806 on: February 25, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Well I watched the match from the beginning and Smugfed did not look at all happy in the first set he was terrible and made so many mistakes. I really cannot see him being number one again,apparently he is having a month off in April to spend time with his family. shocking
Yes he's skipping Miami and MC and then turning up in Madrid.  He's only playing 14 tournaments in total this year because he says he can no longer go on playing as many as he did last year.  In fact it seems he's going to be playing even less in future year, yet still thinks he can get back to the top and win more Slams. Rolling Eyes

Roger Federer hopes he has many more years ahead of him at the top of tennis

The 31-year-old is planning a much reduced schedule - only 14 tournaments - this year and he will be able to reduce that even further next season because of his position of seniority on the ATP Tour.

But the Swiss star says people should not look at that as a sign he is coming towards the end of his career, and he retains hope of getting back to the top of the world as well as winning further Grand Slam titles.

He said: "I want to give myself the best chance to play as long as I can. Maybe then it will become clear that it is time to stop. You know things change very quickly, and you have to be ready and open about it.

"But I would like to give myself the chance to play for many years to come. I am happy with the way my body is. I am healthy and happy to be playing. And as for the No 1 ranking and Grand Slams, they are still really important to me.

"If I feel confident and am enjoying it I hope to play for a long time. I think I am playing excellent tennis. Some win Grand Slams at 16 and others at 34. It depends how you see things.

"The over-30 guys are extremely consistent. I think I can play good tennis not playing so much.

"I can play great, but will I be allowed to? Time will tell. My big focus is on making sure that every tournament I enter I am perfectly prepared. I am hopeful I will get enough matches but if not my schedule can be changed.

"I need to make sure I have enough time off, so that when 2014 comes I am in a position with options which I almost wasn't this year to a degree."

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9MQF?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=tennis

At least this will keep PseudoFed going. Very Happy

IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3807 on: February 26, 2013, 12:15 PM »

Watching sky sports this morning they are talking about Nadal not playing Indian Wells and Cinnsinatti and Smugfed is not going to play until April so it looks like Andy can pick up points at those tournaments if these reports are true.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3808 on: February 26, 2013, 01:49 PM »

On Nadal yes. Federer will only drop 90 points though, and Andy is defending 780 from the two Masters Federer isn't playing.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3809 on: February 26, 2013, 05:28 PM »

Melzer is no longer good these days.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 253 [254] 255 256 257 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »