Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 ... 308 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Tennis News  (Read 110079 times)
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3885 on: March 05, 2013, 04:39 AM »

Did you guys vote in the article?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3886 on: March 05, 2013, 06:03 PM »

It's still a bleacher’s report and perhaps by a fan who's not a Federer admirer in the first place. But I've started to see some realistic expectation by Fed fans (some even said he's being delusional at the talk of being No. 1 again); however, it will be hard to get anything from Federer himself – at least for a while. He will have to take one too many beatings first of all and deny any major title this year. Masters and WTF as well. He has a very big ego and denial system to believe anything otherwise. I'd say it's going to be a very long process for him to even remotely realize that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3887 on: March 06, 2013, 05:12 AM »

Did you guys vote in the article?
I did and joined the 91.3% who still think Fed is a top 5 player.  47.9% (not including me) think he'll make the final at IW.  Unfortunately there was no option as to whether he'll actually win or not.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3888 on: March 06, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Wishful thinking from the Fedtards, methinks.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3889 on: March 06, 2013, 06:48 PM »

^ lmao
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3890 on: March 06, 2013, 07:50 PM »

I think he'll make the final, having avoided Murray. The big stumbling block could be Nadal. But at a guess, I would say he's probably not there yet on hard courts. But then, who knows.

It's not like Federer's going to suddenly start losing to Benneteau's every time he plays them. He usually steps it up in the bigger tournaments. He looked good in Melbourne until he had to face Murray.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3891 on: March 06, 2013, 08:01 PM »

One thing that people haven't mentioned is just how hard Djokovic's draw COULD be. He has Dimitrov in the 3rd round, Querrey or Monaco in the 4th round then Cilic, Raonic or Tsonga in the QF. All of them can be pretty tough when on form.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3892 on: March 06, 2013, 08:13 PM »

It will certainly give us a good indicator of his form, if nothing else. You're right though, that is quite a tough draw, and a lot of big servers who could really test him.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3893 on: March 08, 2013, 03:09 AM »

One thing that people haven't mentioned is just how hard Djokovic's draw COULD be. He has Dimitrov in the 3rd round, Querrey or Monaco in the 4th round then Cilic, Raonic or Tsonga in the QF. All of them can be pretty tough when on form.
Interesting ... Think
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3894 on: March 08, 2013, 04:20 PM »

http://sports.ndtv.com/tennis/news/item/204653-roger-federer-andy-murray-welcome-biological-passports
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3895 on: March 08, 2013, 04:36 PM »

Does anyone believe that Federer is' excited' to have Nadal back as he is purported to have said?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3896 on: March 08, 2013, 04:44 PM »

Does anyone believe that Federer is' excited' to have Nadal back as he is purported to have said?

no nope........lying git lol
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3897 on: March 08, 2013, 05:12 PM »

I bet he isnt.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3898 on: March 08, 2013, 07:48 PM »

With Nadal back he is going to have a hard time getting back to number 1. Of course the other two being Djokovic and our Andy are going to make it hard for Smugfed too.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #3899 on: March 08, 2013, 09:05 PM »

Probably not - but then nobody knows how well Nadal will perform, or even if his knee will hold out.

For once though (putting excuses one side) I have sympathy for Fed because I've always thought these interviews a bit unfair myself, but the ATP dictates that players either do them or face a penalty.

FEDERER ANNOYED BY RECENT LOSSES, HAPPY WITH GAME  [tennis.com, 8 March]

By Matt Cronin

World No. 2 Roger Federer assesses his year to date at Indian Wells. The defending Indian Wells champion, who is seeking his first title of the season, lost to Andy Murray in the semifinals of the Australian Open, fell to Julien Benneteau in the quarterfinals of Rotterdam, and failed to convert three match points in losing to Tomas Berdych in the semifinals of Dubai.

“I think I played really well in Australia, and in Rotterdam I was disappointed with that because I thought I could have done better than that, because I played so well the year before, and I never really got going in the quarters against Benneteau,” he told reporters at Indian Wells. “In Dubai, it was a bit unfortunate losing the three match points. There’s always that annoying press conference having to explain the loss even though you feel you should maybe be preparing for the final at this point.

"I’m playing fine. Obviously, I would have hoped to have won a tournament by now, but overall I am happy with my game.”
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 ... 308 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »