Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 115407 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4050 on: May 06, 2013, 12:04 AM »

Well, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise to her that Serena is extremely of competitive nature and she hardly sees anyone as her friend on a professional tour, so she's hardly going to hand in any compliment. If anything she's probably plotting a revenge. lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4051 on: May 06, 2013, 12:43 AM »

Tomic's dad has been arrested for *allegedly* headbutting Tomic's hitting partner and knocking him out cold.

stevegtennis‏@stevegtennis28m
Jeez. Seems Tomics dad is held in jail & hitting partner still in recovery with neck brace.

stevegtennis‏@stevegtennis5m
Seems Dolgopolov 1st noticed the guy on the ground & alerted staff. Guy was out cold with heavy bleeding.

Matt Cronin‏@TennisReporters1h
BREAKING: John Tomic allegedly arrested 3 days ago in Madrid 4 head butting/breaking nose/knocking out Bernie's French hitting partner.

Matt Cronin‏@TennisReporters1h
...John Tomic said to have spent 1-2 days in jail. Hitting partner still in Madrid with neck brace on & badly broken nose in cast

Matt Cronin‏@TennisReporters50m
Bernie's hitting partner is said to be Thomas Drouet, been working with him for few motnhs

--------------

Madness. Tomic needs to break off from his father and soon, or he'll never fulfil his promise.
Hopefully he might do so now.  I can't imagine he's proud of what his father's done, whether the attack was unprovoked or not.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4052 on: May 06, 2013, 12:48 AM »

Carole Bouchard‏@carole_bouchard1h
Very sad story all around... Unbelievable that Drouet got beaten up cause he apparently tried to stop Tomic from hitting his son in MC. Sick
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4053 on: May 06, 2013, 12:53 AM »

Carole Bouchard‏@carole_bouchard1h
Very sad story all around... Unbelievable that Drouet got beaten up cause he apparently tried to stop Tomic from hitting his son in MC. Sick
Absolutely shocking!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4054 on: May 06, 2013, 12:58 AM »

His dad sounds like an absolute psychopath.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4055 on: May 06, 2013, 01:14 AM »

A little bit more on the story from tennis.com.

John Tomic, the father and coach of Bernard Tomic, was allegedly arrested three days ago prior to the  Madrid tournament for allegedly head butting and breaking the nose of his son’s hitting partner, TENNIS.com has learned.

Sources on site told TENNIS.com that Tomic's hitting partner, France’s Thomas Drouet, was knocked out cold for 20 minutes. John Tomic, who has reputation of having a volcanic temper, was said to have spent one to two days in jail. The ATP has confirmed that there was an incident and report they are currently investigating it, but would not reveal details.  Sources on site also said that Drouet has since been seen with a neck brace and a cast around his nose.

The French radio station RMC is alleging that John Tomic struck his son while at the tournament in Monte Carlo and that Bernard was bleeding around his jaw area.  RMC also reports that Drouet got in between John and Bernard, which later triggered the assault. Drouet is also said to have a fractured vertebrae. Apparently players Alexandr Dolgopolov and Janko Tipsarevic witnessed the attack, where an ambulance was called. John Tomic was said to be summoned to appear in a  Madrid court on Monday.

John Tomic is notorious for clashes, including having a public heated argument with Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley that lead to security guards being placed around Tiley; being involved in a road-rage incident in 2006 in which he forced a car occupied by two coaches and a female junior player off the road; and pulling Bernard off the court mid-match at a tournament in Perth when he alleged officials were fixing draws and cheating his then 16-year-old son.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4056 on: May 06, 2013, 01:34 AM »

It sounds to me that John Tomic is in serious need of psychiatric help.  Giving him a prison sentence won't do him any good.  It must have been very unpleasant for Dolgo and Tipsy, but I'm glad that there were reliable witnesses to the attack because at least JT won't be able to talk his way out of it.

It says a lot for Bernard though that he carried on playing in the tournament.  No surprise at his R1 exit though.  How could anyone keep their focus after an incident that like?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4057 on: May 06, 2013, 06:24 AM »

What a horrible, horrible man shocking Hope he goes to prison.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4058 on: May 06, 2013, 09:39 AM »

Nutcase!!!   shocking
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4059 on: May 06, 2013, 10:49 AM »

He sounds like an awful man. How terrible that Thomas Drouet had to suffer that attack just for defending Bernard in the first place. I feel sorry for Bernard - can't be easy to have such a controlling father. I'm sure he'd play much better tennis if he stopped his father from travelling with him.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4060 on: May 06, 2013, 12:20 PM »

Is it any wonder Bernard has problems on and off the court?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4061 on: May 06, 2013, 03:30 PM »

What a horrible, horrible man shocking Hope he goes to prison.

Yep, he deserves that.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4062 on: May 06, 2013, 03:55 PM »

Tomic's Dad has been an issue for a long time, but now he's clearly gone too far. I feel so sorry for Tomic, he must be mortified over this latest debacle, and, of course, for the man his father hit. I suspect Tomic has been trying to be loyal to his Dad, but it seems to me the time for that is over now. He should give his Dad the old heave-ho and then work to get his career back on track. I hope he can, because a year or two back he showed such promise.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4063 on: May 06, 2013, 04:16 PM »

The problem is, i doubt it's easy for anybody to tell their Parent to go "do one" i expect it might cause even more problems for Bernard considering how unhinged his father seems to be
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4064 on: May 06, 2013, 04:23 PM »

He's probably scared of him on some level.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 270 [271] 272 273 274 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »