Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 121235 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4080 on: May 07, 2013, 06:43 AM »

His dad denies it and claims it was self-defence.

lmao
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4081 on: May 07, 2013, 07:17 PM »

They announced just now that Tomic's father has been charged after the incident with Bernie's hitting partner. He's due in court next week.

I still feel sorry for Tomic. He isn't perfect, God knows, but his father isn't the ideal role model is he? It must be so humiliating for the kid to be dragged into all this. I suppose it isn't the first time really, I remember when Tommy Haas's wife slapped an official at Wimbledon a number of years ago, but somehow there seems to be something almost inevitable about this. Tomic Snr doesn't exactly come across as Mr. Normal.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4082 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39 PM »

Was that tommy Haas? I remember Jeff Tarango's wife doing it.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4083 on: May 07, 2013, 07:41 PM »

Why did she do that lol....
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4084 on: May 07, 2013, 07:45 PM »

My memory could be wrong but I think he built up a number of code violations and got defaulted (he was a bit hot headed but I enjoy his commentary and analysis on 5live at Wimbledon) so his very gallic french wife marched on in high dudgeon and slapped him one. I t was same year Henman got defaulted for hitting a ball girl (accidentally) so press had a ball with all the extra stories they were getting.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4085 on: May 07, 2013, 07:45 PM »

Slapped the umpire i should stress.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4086 on: May 07, 2013, 07:50 PM »

They announced just now that Tomic's father has been charged after the incident with Bernie's hitting partner. He's due in court next week.

I still feel sorry for Tomic. He isn't perfect, God knows, but his father isn't the ideal role model is he? It must be so humiliating for the kid to be dragged into all this. I suppose it isn't the first time really, I remember when Tommy Haas's wife slapped an official at Wimbledon a number of years ago, but somehow there seems to be something almost inevitable about this. Tomic Snr doesn't exactly come across as Mr. Normal.
t

I do feel sorry for Tomic as well - you do wonder if attacking his son might be a facet of his coaching technique as well. With a father like that no wonder the lad's so screwed up.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4087 on: May 07, 2013, 07:50 PM »

My memory could be wrong but I think he built up a number of code violations and got defaulted (he was a bit hot headed but I enjoy his commentary and analysis on 5live at Wimbledon) so his very gallic french wife marched on in high dudgeon and slapped him one. I t was same year Henman got defaulted for hitting a ball girl (accidentally) so press had a ball with all the extra stories they were getting.

Ha ha wish I had seen that...wonder if its on YouTube...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4088 on: May 07, 2013, 10:29 PM »

I'm sure it was Haas's wife. Tarango accused an umpire of being biased at Wimbledon in 1995. If I'm wrong I apologise to Mrs Haas lol.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4089 on: May 07, 2013, 10:43 PM »

I'm sure it was Haas's wife. Tarango accused an umpire of being biased at Wimbledon in 1995. If I'm wrong I apologise to Mrs Haas lol.

Wimbledon Takes a Slap in the Face : Tennis: Tarango becomes first to walk off court, then accuses umpire of favoritism.
July 02, 1995|JULIE CART | TIMES STAFF WRITER
WIMBLEDON, England — A quiet day of tennis turned bizarre Saturday, when American Jeff Tarango was defaulted after walking off a court during his third-round singles match, then later accused an umpire of fixing matches for other players.

In a remarkable postmatch news conference, Tarango, of Manhattan Beach, made several serious and at times rambling accusations against chair umpire Bruno Rebeuh of France, whom Tarango called "corrupt." In another strange twist, Tarango's wife caught up to Rebeuh after the match, confronted him and slapped him.

But I'm now off to google Mrs Haas as well! lol
p.s Angie it is on Youtube! (tho haven't found the wife slapping bit yet, must be somewhere am sure it was shown on tv at the time)
[ Last edit by wimbledonwestie May 07, 2013, 10:47 PM ] IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4090 on: May 07, 2013, 10:46 PM »

A tennis journalist just posted this on twitter...

Djokovic, who just lost to Dimitrov, says he didn't touch racket for 12 days after Monte Carlo because of ankle issues.

Is it just me? I didn't see him struggling with his ankle in MC.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4091 on: May 07, 2013, 10:56 PM »

Shrug
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4092 on: May 07, 2013, 11:01 PM »

shocking

Laura seeks new coach after split from mentor as Brit prepares for Ivanovic clash

Laura Robson is on the lookout again for a new coach after parting company with Croatian mentor Zeljko Krajan at the start of the Madrid Open.

The exact timing of the split is unclear, but Krajan was initially with her in the Spanish capital for this week's event, which has seen the Wimbledon-based teenager come back to form after a lean spell and earn a place in the third round.

On Monday she scored a career-best victory over world No 4 Agnieszka Radwanska.

Robson has ended the partnership with the current Croatian Davis Cup Captain and one time coach of former world No 1 Dinara Safina, having teamed up with him immediately following last summer's Olympics.

Their time together has seen some eye-catching wins over former Grand Slam champions and entry into the world's top 50 mixed in with inconsistency and less impressive results against lower ranked players.

For her last 16 encounter against former French Open champion Ana Ivanovic she will use the services of vastly experienced Dutch coach Sven Groeneveld, who works for adidas and is available to work with all their contracted players, such as Robson.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2320920/Laura-Robson-seeks-new-coach-split-mentor-Brit-prepares-Ana-Ivanovic-clash-Madrid-Open.html
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4093 on: May 08, 2013, 05:23 PM »

I don't like the Spanish crowd, French crowd and the crowd that were there in the Federer/Andy match at WTF last year. They should not be allowed to watch tennis.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4094 on: May 08, 2013, 05:35 PM »

shocking

Laura seeks new coach after split from mentor as Brit prepares for Ivanovic clash

Laura Robson is on the lookout again for a new coach after parting company with Croatian mentor Zeljko Krajan at the start of the Madrid Open.

The exact timing of the split is unclear, but Krajan was initially with her in the Spanish capital for this week's event, which has seen the Wimbledon-based teenager come back to form after a lean spell and earn a place in the third round.

On Monday she scored a career-best victory over world No 4 Agnieszka Radwanska.

Robson has ended the partnership with the current Croatian Davis Cup Captain and one time coach of former world No 1 Dinara Safina, having teamed up with him immediately following last summer's Olympics.

Their time together has seen some eye-catching wins over former Grand Slam champions and entry into the world's top 50 mixed in with inconsistency and less impressive results against lower ranked players.

For her last 16 encounter against former French Open champion Ana Ivanovic she will use the services of vastly experienced Dutch coach Sven Groeneveld, who works for adidas and is available to work with all their contracted players, such as Robson.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2320920/Laura-Robson-seeks-new-coach-split-mentor-Brit-prepares-Ana-Ivanovic-clash-Madrid-Open.html

Haven't checked, but isn't Ivanovic Adidas as well, in which case sponsor coaching wouldn't be available to either?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »