Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 130506 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4260 on: October 01, 2013, 08:57 PM »

I feel so sorry for Bernard having a father like that.  I really hope it doesn't affect his career too much, especially as Bernard is doing his best to shake off his own 'bad boy' image.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4261 on: October 01, 2013, 10:03 PM »

How sad for this young man ,who should have a Dad to look up too. Some people should just not be parents.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4262 on: October 01, 2013, 10:12 PM »

It is so sad. I remember Tomic's good run a few years ago at Wimbledon before any of the family stuff was widely known. It seemed like he might be the next big thing back then. Having read Thomas Drouett's (the fomer hitting partner) diaries I can see why tournaments would be keen to enforce the ban.  I think reading the thoughts of an insider also made me appreciate how hard it must be for Tomic to get away from his father's influence in his life. It's not like he can just turn around and say "Dad you're fired" and be free.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4263 on: October 02, 2013, 02:43 AM »

But didn't he once request that his father be removed from the arena?  Can't remember where it was though, but at the time it sounded like a step in the right direction!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4264 on: October 02, 2013, 09:19 AM »

But didn't he once request that his father be removed from the arena?  Can't remember where it was though, but at the time it sounded like a step in the right direction!

Yes he did, but when asked about it later he said that wasn't what he meant. I think it was at Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4265 on: October 02, 2013, 09:29 AM »

Miami 2012 vs Ferrer, he also asked for the umpire to give him a code violation for coaching, even though he wasn't being coached at the time from courtside.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4266 on: October 04, 2013, 03:11 PM »

Carlos Moya replacing Alex Corettja as Davis Cup Captain for Spain.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Alex-Corretja-fired-as-Spain-Davis-Cup-Captain-Carlos-Moya-next-articolo13377.html
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4267 on: October 04, 2013, 03:13 PM »

Grigor looking for new coach.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/Tennis---Grigor-Dimitrov-is-looking-for-change-after-splitting-with-coach-articolo13380.html
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4268 on: October 06, 2013, 08:09 AM »

@Aileen
You got your first wish clap
Must admit JMDP looked impressive.  Raonic's movement/anticipation whatever, is poor though.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4269 on: October 08, 2013, 05:36 PM »

Good news!

Hutchins on track for January comeback

Ross Hutchins has set his sights on a place at the 2014 Barclays ATP World Tour Finals as he prepares to make his comeback in January

Hutchins, who was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in December last year, announced he was in remission this summer after six months of chemotherapy treatment.

The 28-year-old is back in training and will spend the off-season in Miami as he targets a return to action at the start of next season with partner Colin Fleming.

"I hit some balls the day I was told I was clear at the end of July but up until then I’d done nothing,” Hutchins told tennishead. “My body was exhausted and I didn’t feel like I wanted to train but even if I did I was told I wasn’t allowed because my immune system was low and that could set me back and that could put a dent in my chemotherapy plan.”

Hutchins, who enjoyed the most successful year of his career in 2012, finishing the season ranked No.28 in doubles, has slipped to No.141 in the world having not played since last November.

However, he has been training at the National Tennis Centre in Roehampton and at the All England Club and believes he is getting back to his best.

“I feel good, I feel strong again and even though I’m probably not my mind says I’m close to where I was before,” said Hutchins, who is yet to decide whether he will play in Brisbane or Doha in the opening week of the new season.

“There’s no reason why I can’t get back to that kind of fitness and that’s my goal – I’ll be pushing myself to be as fit as I was back then.

“It’s something I’ve really looked forward to. When I was out I really missed doing that training block it’s something that as a player that you enjoy; the team atmosphere and training hard together.”

more at http://www.tennishead.net/news/on-tour/2013/10/08/hutchins-on-track-for-january-comeback
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4270 on: October 08, 2013, 06:55 PM »

That's brilliant news, thanks Elena.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4271 on: October 09, 2013, 01:39 AM »

Thanks Elena. thumb up  Also it's great that he's going to Miami to train, as hopefully Andy will be there too, but, like Andy, I hope he doesn't try to push himself too hard to get fully back to the fitness level he was at before his illness.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4272 on: October 09, 2013, 07:46 PM »

^^ It's an absolute pleasure to post articles about Ross's recovery and his planned return to the game. Such a lovely guy.

Here's another http://www.thetennisspace.com/hutchins-colin-and-i-want-to-be-the-no-1-team-in-the-world/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4273 on: October 10, 2013, 03:51 AM »

^ I feel the same about Ross, and love his positivity and optimism.  A true inspiration.

I really liked Colin's comment when he heard about Ross's illness -  ‘I’m going to be waiting for you, we’ve got unfinished business.’    I sincerely hope they fulfil their ambitions.  With their attitude anything seems possible.  Meanwhile I'm looking forward to seeing them play in the Davis Cup in February.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4274 on: October 10, 2013, 12:10 PM »

Thanks Elena. thumb up  Also it's great that he's going to Miami to train, as hopefully Andy will be there too, but, like Andy, I hope he doesn't try to push himself too hard to get fully back to the fitness level he was at before his illness.
I'm assuming that Andy will have invited him to join him in Miami for training
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »