Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tennis News 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 313 Go Down Reply
Author

Tennis News

(Read 121549 times)
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4395 on: December 21, 2013, 11:31 AM »

Becker's latest indiscretions can be found in his book which he published this autumn. He read from it when promoting it (he sitting on a park bench like a teller of fairytales) and the way he read aalongside with what he read was embarrassing enough. Most of these excerpts dealt with previous relationships, respectively marriages. One of his girlfriends was the ex of Tommy Haas and later married a German comedian who is omnipresent on TV. Together they have three children, yet meanwhile they live separately. This young woman, as well as his ex-wife, became the object of Becker's literary output: she was only attention-seeking, using his fame to her benefit, bad at housework etc. Very unfavourable remarks. And this is where our comedian comes into play defending his wife. A public twitter battle with BB started, and if I am not mistaken even a TV show was broadcast with both publicity- addicted men challenging each other. In fact, BB is nowadays widely perceived as a figure of the tabloids than as a serious sportsperson or entrepreneur. Btw, our brave comedian has accompanied Sabine Lisicki to the SPOTY ball in Germany (she came second): a new celebrity couple.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4396 on: December 21, 2013, 12:21 PM »

Becker is so full of his self importance it is difficult to take him seriously. In fact he is not even a good reporter when he commentates on the tennis. Ill take Mark Petchy anytime over boring Boris.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4397 on: December 22, 2013, 03:43 PM »

More coaching news - Ferrer has apparently split with Javier Piles and will now work with Jose Altur:

http://www.sport360.com/article/mubadala-championship/17812/ferrer-splits-long-time-coach-javier-piles

Surprising news to say the least! He's going to give more information tomorrow.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4398 on: December 22, 2013, 07:13 PM »

http://nos.nl/artikel/589004-zo-zag-u-wimbledon-niet-vaak.html

This is how Wimbledon looks like at this moment...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4399 on: December 23, 2013, 05:40 PM »

More coaching news - Ferrer has apparently split with Javier Piles and will now work with Jose Altur:

http://www.sport360.com/article/mubadala-championship/17812/ferrer-splits-long-time-coach-javier-piles

Surprising news to say the least! He's going to give more information tomorrow.

Now that does surprise me!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4400 on: December 23, 2013, 09:47 PM »

Lol
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4401 on: December 23, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Now that does surprise me!

It really is surprising - it always seemed like they'd stay together until Ferrer retired. Sounds like it was an amicable split though:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/12/52/Ferrer-New-Coach.aspx
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4402 on: December 24, 2013, 11:10 PM »

Frauderer is going to be a Dad again.

Explains the bad 2013 then. LOL
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4403 on: January 01, 2014, 11:09 AM »

Caroline Wozniacki ‏@CaroWozniacki 13h
Happy New Year everyone! Rory and I started 2014 with a bang! ... I said YES!!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4404 on: January 01, 2014, 11:30 AM »

What a beautiful ring.  I wish them and a long and happy married life.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4405 on: January 01, 2014, 11:37 AM »

Becker's latest indiscretions can be found in his book which he published this autumn. He read from it when promoting it (he sitting on a park bench like a teller of fairytales) and the way he read aalongside with what he read was embarrassing enough. Most of these excerpts dealt with previous relationships, respectively marriages. One of his girlfriends was the ex of Tommy Haas and later married a German comedian who is omnipresent on TV. Together they have three children, yet meanwhile they live separately. This young woman, as well as his ex-wife, became the object of Becker's literary output: she was only attention-seeking, using his fame to her benefit, bad at housework etc. Very unfavourable remarks. And this is where our comedian comes into play defending his wife. A public twitter battle with BB started, and if I am not mistaken even a TV show was broadcast with both publicity- addicted men challenging each other. In fact, BB is nowadays widely perceived as a figure of the tabloids than as a serious sportsperson or entrepreneur. Btw, our brave comedian has accompanied Sabine Lisicki to the SPOTY ball in Germany (she came second): a new celebrity couple.
Thank you for that information CP.  Boris certainly does come across as a very unsavoury individual.  Presumably Djokovic is prepared to overlook these shortcomings in his pursuit of greatness.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4406 on: January 01, 2014, 11:41 AM »

Among the honours list issued yesterday which omitted a knighthood for Andy for winning Wimbledon last Summer I noticed that Ann Haydon Jones who won Wimbledon in 1969 was upgraded to CBE Based on  this Andy will never get a knighthood and will be a pensioner before he gets his CBE
   Other sports like cycling and rowing receive more generous treatment I wonder why?
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Futures Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4407 on: January 01, 2014, 12:02 PM »

There is a time protocol involved Bennie - As Andy only got other award last year (2013 for 2012) he CANNOT be upgraded this soon unfortunatly.  I'm not exactly sure how long the "minimum" is before he can be upgraded (will need to look into that) but am sure that once that min period has passed he will get it. 
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4408 on: January 01, 2014, 12:03 PM »

There is a time protocol involved Bennie - As Andy only got other award last year (2013 for 2012) he CANNOT be upgraded this soon unfortunatly.  I'm not exactly sure how long the "minimum" is before he can be upgraded (will need to look into that) but am sure that once that min period has passed he will get it. 

I think it is 4 years.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4409 on: January 01, 2014, 12:20 PM »

I think it is 4 years.

The problem is that all the rules re honours in UK are based on the needs of the Civil Service The waiting period is 5 years
 My point is that this is not suitable for sports personalities  Very few stay at the top for 5 years and often their time amongst the very top  is much less  whereas in the civil service you are dealing with
 career spans of 40 years
 Sports honours should be different
 I even heard one of the pundits on the Today Programme say that if Andy won Wimbledon again in 2014 he might get his knighthood then !
 The honours system is a complete mess
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 ... 313 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »