Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread...

(Read 3649 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #180 on: June 20, 2010, 03:31 PM »

Another annoying question - how much space is in left luggage - i.e. is it individual lockers or a kind of tag-it and leave it situation??! My tent is completely flat when all packed up, but it's a pop up one, so it;s about 1.5m across....hmmm....
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #181 on: June 20, 2010, 03:33 PM »

No Englishmen in the Wimbledon draw, that deserves a mega-lawl.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #182 on: June 20, 2010, 03:35 PM »

No Englishmen in the Wimbledon draw, that deserves a mega-lawl.

Took Scotland over 100 years? :P
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #183 on: June 20, 2010, 03:37 PM »

We haven't had many, that's for sure - Baker, Mackin, the Murrays, who else?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #184 on: June 20, 2010, 03:44 PM »

Ahhhh Muzza and Nadal on Thursday....wish I was going then!! But I'm going with friends who have booked time off work specially, so Weds it is Smile Exciting times all round!!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #185 on: June 20, 2010, 03:49 PM »

You're all jammy jammy jammy bassas.

Will probably go one year and camp out a few times - try and get some R3/R4 matches.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #186 on: June 20, 2010, 03:49 PM »

What's he done now? Shouldn't be allowed to speak or move in the first place. Rolling Eyes

Eh, nothing in particular. He just needs to be kept in check.

I have a major dilemma of what nation to go as!!!! Was planning on wearing England colours for the football... but that wouldn't make any sense for tennis, Scotland for Andy, Spanish for Rafa or Russia for... myself?

hug

I'd go with Scottish colors. You are after all, Andy's fan more than Rafa's, no? Or bring a change of clothes!
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #187 on: June 20, 2010, 03:55 PM »

If my current search for employment continues at this failure rate, I may get to watch the tournament uninterrupted for the first time since 2006.

Keep trying Andrew.  When my work was known to finish in 2006, it took me about 6 months from when I started searching until I got an offer, resulting in a break in employment of around 4 months in between but the change was worth it as it is next to the seaside so the quality of life is much better and everything turned out for the better.   It also happened that my brother and his family were visiting from the States so I had more time seeing them which was a bonus.

What type of work are you looking for ?   Have you tried distributing your CVs to many agencies ?  Keep trying and good luck Andrew.  Fingers crossed
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #188 on: June 20, 2010, 03:58 PM »

It's just something for 8-10 weeks to just earn some money and keep me occupied - Inverness is quite boring when you've lived in Glasgow for most of the year. I'm only 19, so it's not like I'm looking for anything that will materialise into a career, just temporary work.

I haven't taken any loans out yet to finance my studying, but looks like I might need to next year, because there's very few vacancies nearby.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #189 on: June 20, 2010, 04:05 PM »

Oh I see. I am guessing that Inverness has far fewer supermarkets (Sainsbury, Asda, Tesco, ...), restaurants, fast food joints (Macdonalds, Burger King) as compared to London in short term work opportunities.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #190 on: June 20, 2010, 04:11 PM »

Of course, I don't really live in the city either so it's not like it's all on my doorstep - we'll see what happens.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #191 on: June 20, 2010, 05:11 PM »

We haven't had many, that's for sure - Baker, Mackin, the Murrays, who else?
Colin Fleming.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #192 on: June 20, 2010, 05:13 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Scottish_tennis_players    VS     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category%3AEnglish_tennis_players

TRIPLE LOL.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #193 on: June 20, 2010, 05:17 PM »

Tennis is generally a wealthy sport - where is all the wealth in Britain? Southern England.

As I said, there's no comparison.

But one thing is for sure, the greatest British player in the modern era is Scottish!
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #194 on: June 20, 2010, 05:18 PM »

So, anyone fancy me tagging along with them tommorow or Tuesday, my friend has just pulled out (FML) and I can't be assed to not go now after all the excitement. Send me a PM by about 10 or 11 tonight and we'll arrange something ie possibly meet at Wimbledon station around 815 ish.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »