Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread...  (Read 3571 times)
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #30 on: April 27, 2010, 11:48 PM »

Your Mum told you.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 01:43 AM »

I'm not excited for Wimbledon.

I'm moist.

Shame I won't be going this year, yet again, sigh.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 02:09 AM »

No way I'm getting my butt to Wimbledon, will just have to watch it on the TV.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 02:36 AM »

God, I am gonna need soooo much holiday for this and the World Cup!
Noticed the other day that Wimbledon will NOT be shown on Sky in pubs and other public places (how can they differentiate between them and home users, unless pub-owners are specifically told not to show it) because most folk will only be interested in the footie. yawn

I've never been to Wimbledon but I know I'd love it - it's too far away now - and once we we were there I wouldn't want to come home until the tourney was over.
I was working in London in 1962 and 1963 and used to rush down to Wimbledon after work when I could.

You got into the standing area, known as the "sheep pen", for half-price after 5 pm (2s:6d = 12.5p).  No Henman Hill then, and it's all-seater now anyway.  The only food on offer was dodgy hotdogs, cartons of insipid tea or coffee and Wall's unimaginative plain ice-cream, but it was great.  Saw some good matches and had the privilege of watching Rod Laver play on two occasions.  The last time I went was in 1969 when I was on holiday.  Oh happy days! Smile
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 02:40 AM »

I'm not a fan of attending sports events. There's always the chance of being disappointed and having to travel home in a bad mood about the result.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 02:42 AM »

I'm not a fan of attending sports events. There's always the chance of being disappointed and having to travel home in a bad mood about the result.

Or you may harm someone in your anger. Whistle
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 02:44 AM »

Or you may harm someone in your anger. Whistle

That's a very real possibility. I literally scan the room for something to punch if Andy's performance is not up to scratch.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 07:13 AM »

Yeah, but you have to take the risk because you feel more good if they win than you feel bad if they lose.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 07:31 AM »

Though I'd love to see Murray on a show court.

I watched Murray play the Southern Ape at Wimbledon last year. I was not amused when he lost.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #39 on: April 28, 2010, 10:49 AM »

I've had an offer to go if my friend get tickets in the ballot coz shes part of a tennis club but I don't know if I can afford it Think
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #40 on: April 28, 2010, 10:57 AM »

I've had an offer to go if my friend get tickets in the ballot coz shes part of a tennis club but I don't know if I can afford it Think

Sacrifice a tattoo-it will be for a good cause Smile
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #41 on: April 28, 2010, 11:05 AM »

haha maybe ....
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 11:32 AM »

Plastic.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #43 on: April 28, 2010, 03:34 PM »

I've got tickets for court 1 for the 23rd...which is good because I'd have been gutted if I'd been offered tickets for the semi or something which I couldn't have afforded. Also means I'll find when a women's match is on to go off looking for top seeds to get autographs off of lol
Might try going another day that week since I'm in London the whole week yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #44 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40 PM »

Don't know what I'd have been like watching Wimbledon if Andy had been playing then.  There were a couple of good British male players, but they didn't exactly set the heather on fire, so I went just to appreciate the tennis, and it was quite an experience.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »