MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15 Reply

The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread...

Not sure I have seen any Brits at Wimbledon yet.
IP Logged

^ Not surprising - they've been pretty thin on the ground.  Before Tim Henman arrived, the only ones I can recall in my life-time who made any impression are Roger Taylor, Mark Cox, John Lloyd, Virginia Wade and Anne Haydon-Jones.  
IP Logged

For my age, British women in the top 100 is like unheard of haha.
IP Logged

I've seen a few, two years in a row I went on the first Tuesday - first round matches lol
IP Logged

For my age, British women in the top 100 is like unheard of haha.
Haydon-Jones and Wade each won 3 singles Grand Slam titles (1 of them Wimbledon), and in that respect they've out-shone the men.  At least we've only been waiting since 1977 for another woman Wimbledon champion!
IP Logged

Ah well, give it 2 years and Robson and Watson will be up there for sure.
IP Logged

I'm going for first time this year as got tickets in the ballot on my first try.  Really excited!  I've also treated myself to a number of sessions at the O2 centre in November as my retirement present to myself!  Fingers crossed that Andy will be playing in latter ie still in top 8 at end of year.
IP Logged

Haha if he isn't in the top 8 by then, it'll be a disaster!
IP Logged

I'm going for first time this year as got tickets in the ballot on my first try.  Really excited!  I've also treated myself to a number of sessions at the O2 centre in November as my retirement present to myself!  Fingers crossed that Andy will be playing in latter ie still in top 8 at end of year.
Oooh, do you know for where?
IP Logged

Court 1 at Wimbledon on the 2nd wednesday - is that what you meant Shooting Star?
IP Logged

Court 1 at Wimbledon on the 2nd wednesday - is that what you meant Shooting Star?
OMG you did very very very well! I hope you have fun!
IP Logged

Thank you - I know I couldn't believe it esp as my first attempt.
IP Logged

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article7133342.ece

Here is an insightful article on the upcoming Wimbledon.  Enjoy.
IP Logged

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/tennis/article7133342.ece

Here is an insightful article on the upcoming Wimbledon.  Enjoy.
Thanks Philip but the link didn't work for me.  Has the Times started charging for on line access as I know they're planning to?

IP Logged

It was working this morning but for some reason the page is not working now. Sorry. I will keep checking.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15 Reply