Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author

The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread...

(Read 3746 times)
Shooting Star
Veteran

Without a doubt, Wimbledon is my favourite Grand Slam. Last year I went for the first time and it was amazing, so mind-blowing that I'm slightly scared to go back, for fear that it is not as good. Therefore, with only 10 (ish) weeks to go, I simply cannot contain my excitement any longer!

The ballot winners have been notified I believe and they've already sent me several leaflets and several hundred emails (I forgot to tick the box saying I don't want you to notify me of every single offer/sale/discount you have...) advertising the new towels and if I didn't want to buy one actually there, I would have most definately purchased mine by now!
I'm awaiting the Wimbledon 2010 Application with baited breath and already saving up for Pimm's and Strawberry Cheescake Hagen Daaz icecream yay

Does anyone else feel the same? Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:09 AM »

Anything is better than clay Rolling Eyes  but have to admit that you just can't beat Wimbledon cmon yeah  
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 09:29 AM »

Anything is better than clay Rolling Eyes  but have to admit that you just can't beat Wimbledon cmon yeah 

+ 1 , love also the Queen's ..... makes me think of the Village in The Prisoner ....
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 10:20 AM »

Anything is better than clay Rolling Eyes  but have to admit that you just can't beat Wimbledon cmon yeah 
Indeed!
+ 1 , love also the Queen's ..... makes me think of the Village in The Prisoner ....
Yeah Queen's always seems lovely too, because it's smaller it always just seems really lovely, I always envy the people there! Darn school Rolling Eyes And darn lack of money Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 10:34 AM »

Indeed!Yeah Queen's always seems lovely too, because it's smaller it always just seems really lovely, I always envy the people there! Darn school Rolling Eyes And darn lack of money Rolling Eyes
  I've never been to Wimbledon but I know I'd love it - it's too far away now - and once we we were there I wouldn't want to come home until the tourney was over. Don't know about the Haagan Daaz, Emma, Devon Farmhouse Icecream from Chagford beats it into a cocked hat - absolutely yummy!
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 11:46 AM »

I've never been to Wimbledon but I know I'd love it - it's too far away now - and once we we were there I wouldn't want to come home until the tourney was over. Don't know about the Haagan Daaz, Emma, Devon Farmhouse Icecream from Chagford beats it into a cocked hat - absolutely yummy!
Yep we were there till gone 10, my mum thought she was going to have to leave and move the car cuz the car park closed at 10.30! That was watching Jamie and Liezel... Such amazing atmosphere! I was convinced we could see Kim watching from the millenium tower thingy but my mum thought I was just intoxicated with excitement! (and Pimms...) I was but still!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 12:34 PM »

Speaking of The Prisoner ....  it had a re-run over here last year ....
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 12:41 PM »

Love

but can always be persuaded to try Devon Farmhouse Icecream ..... after all, there is no such thing as bad icecream (unless it's Wall's).
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 01:34 PM »

God, I am gonna need soooo much holiday for this and the World Cup!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 03:31 PM »

Why people buy Walls, Daisy, when there are so many superior varieties I shall never know - don't tell me - you make all your own!
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 04:17 PM »

God, I am gonna need soooo much holiday for this and the World Cup!
Pah just quit your job! Ok not very practical but it's probably the easiest option... Very Happy
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 04:47 PM »

Why people buy Walls, Daisy, when there are so many superior varieties I shall never know - don't tell me - you make all your own!
<giggle> - yes, from time to time I do make my own.  Especially Rum Raisin (by special request) ... of course you can't drive for about 4 days after ..... (too much booze, but utterly divine !!)
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 10:25 PM »

Got two sets of tickets in the club sweepstakes. One pair for the ladies final (not sure how I feel about that - spending nearly two hundred quid to watch one of the Williams Brothers demolish a Russian girl in 24 minutes doesn't appeal) and for centre court on the 22nd.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 10:39 PM »

Got two sets of tickets in the club sweepstakes. One pair for the ladies final (not sure how I feel about that - spending nearly two hundred quid to watch one of the Williams Brothers demolish a Russian girl in 24 minutes doesn't appeal) and for centre court on the 22nd.
Damn you did well! Due to exams I can only go on the first four days, which I'm quite happy about because that's when I went last year and it should be relatively easy to get tickets, last year I got them two days before! Sooo excitable, omg in 2 months time I could have already been or be preparing to go tomorrow! Wow that's exciting, yet slightly saddenning...
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 10:48 PM »

Lol @ show courts. 1000000x smaller than they look on TV and I can't be arsed to pay £50 to wait 3 3 setters, one of which is Federer's "artistry... oh isn't he so amazing" in beating a 15 year old Lithuanian.

Though I'd love to see Murray on a show court.

It's all about being there in the queue at 8am and then on outside courts all day!

IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »