Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author

The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread...

(Read 3682 times)
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 10:54 PM »

Lol @ show courts. 1000000x smaller than they look on TV and I can't be arsed to pay £50 to wait 3 3 setters, one of which is Federer's "artistry... oh isn't he so amazing" in beating a 15 year old Lithuanian.

Though I'd love to see Murray on a show court.

It's all about being there in the queue at 8am and then on outside courts all day!

It was pretty ironic since the best match we saw wasn't even on the court that we paid for, it was one of the outside courts. Court number 2 was really really nice though since they've re-done it and I just got really lucky with who was playing that day.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 10:58 PM »

yay yay  Yayayayayay Wimbledon, I am so there as always!!

Will be queueing a few times in the first week probably unless any of my friends are up for camping Smile
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 11:14 PM »

It was pretty ironic since the best match we saw wasn't even on the court that we paid for, it was one of the outside courts. Court number 2 was really really nice though since they've re-done it and I just got really lucky with who was playing that day.

Is court 3 the one which is sunken now, the latest one to be converted into a "stadium." We wondered in at the end of the day (very late, they had even taken down the net hence why they let us stroll in) and it looks amazing. Here is my picture of it.

IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 11:19 PM »

Is court 3 the one which is sunken now, the latest one to be converted into a "stadium." We wondered in at the end of the day (very late, they had even taken down the net hence why they let us stroll in) and it looks amazing. Here is my picture of it.

Yeah. There was a really nice atmosphere, still big enough for you to feel part of a crowd, but still small enough that you could actually see play!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 11:19 PM »

Yeah it's court 2 that's the new one, they've completely moved it and it looks amazing!! Boo to no longer be able to stand on it for free though!
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 11:22 PM »

yay yay  Yayayayayay Wimbledon, I am so there as always!!

Will be queueing a few times in the first week probably unless any of my friends are up for camping Smile
One day, one bloody day, I shall camp. In fact one year I am sooo going to queue to get in everyday. Well except then I would miss watching it on the tv and I do love that side of Wimbledon... Gah such hard decisions!
Seriously, this year I don't care who I see play, as long as the weathers nice Very Happy
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 11:24 PM »

Wait yeah that one is court 2, courts 3 and 4 are the ones by the tall building that you can just stand and watch.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 11:24 PM »

What was Court 3 last year has been rebuilt for this year and it's basically a smaller version of Court 2.
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 11:26 PM »

**** camping haha. I see no reason why I wont be going 40+ more times in my life, ONE of these I will get on centre just though the ballot! The only time we have been on centre was as our friends basically decided they couldn't be arsed to go, so I bullied my Mum into taking me.

Last years was insane amounts of fun, easily one of the most fun days I've had in years, and I didn't touch a drop of alcohol haha. I was saying to a mate I think it'd be a laugh just to go on the last Sunday and watch the mens final on Henman Hill, it's like a fiver for a ground ticket.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 11:27 PM »

One day, one bloody day, I shall camp. In fact one year I am sooo going to queue to get in everyday. Well except then I would miss watching it on the tv and I do love that side of Wimbledon... Gah such hard decisions!
Seriously, this year I don't care who I see play, as long as the weathers nice Very Happy

Nah it's still great. I remember one year spending 6 hours or so under an umbrella eating sandwiches... I fecking love going to Wimbledon. Very Happy
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #25 on: April 27, 2010, 11:29 PM »

What was Court 3 last year has been rebuilt for this year and it's basically a smaller version of Court 2.
WHAT?? So they're not back to back anymore? This is tragic.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 11:31 PM »

WHAT?? So they're not back to back anymore? This is tragic.
http://blog.wimbledon.org/2010/03/26/the-new-court-3/
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 11:32 PM »

F**k camping haha. I see no reason why I wont be going 40+ more times in my life, ONE of these I will get on centre just though the ballot! The only time we have been on centre was as our friends basically decided they couldn't be arsed to go, so I bullied my Mum into taking me.

Last years was insane amounts of fun, easily one of the most fun days I've had in years, and I didn't touch a drop of alcohol haha. I was saying to a mate I think it'd be a laugh just to go on the last Sunday and watch the mens final on Henman Hill, it's like a fiver for a ground ticket.
I see no reason why I won't go every year! And yeah that would be pretty amazing, but then I do like sitting at home and hearing all the chat and getting to shout what I think... I can imagine that being there when there's not many other people around would be INSANE. I went just into the shop once in like october and that was pretty special.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 11:34 PM »

Nah it's still great. I remember one year spending 6 hours or so under an umbrella eating sandwiches... I fecking love going to Wimbledon. Very Happy
Yeah I'd probably just enjoy being there in the rain too... Ha last year I was wearing this White skirt and it was really windy, and it kept blowing up! Half of Wimbledon probably saw my knickers!
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #29 on: April 27, 2010, 11:36 PM »

Not happy about this at all. Also not happy that there is a Wimbledon blog and no one told me! lol
[ Last edit by Shooting Star April 28, 2010, 07:10 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »