Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] Go Down Reply
Author

The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread...

(Read 4273 times)
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #210 on: June 22, 2010, 11:28 PM »

Also remember your sun cream SPF-30+ and bring plenty of water.  It was so hot in the office today that I found it hard to concentrate.  The cooling system was spitting out air at 27 deg C !  It will be another scorcher tomorrow.  Great timing for Wimbledon.

Have fun and send us your lovely photos.
Yeah Wimbledon brings about tan lines and tanned knees that seem to last the whole summer tender Thanks for the advice and will do, although me camera ain't all that.... Very Happy
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #211 on: June 24, 2010, 12:03 PM »

Was sooooooo good yesterday - but all a bit surreal! Saw Fed (great match), Clijsters and Hewitt play, also saw bits of Goodall/Delgado, Cavaday/Smith and a couple of others, saw Roddick, Clijsters, Hewitt and Hanchukova warming up and saw Nadal, Venus, Sharapova, Kuznetsova, Henin and Monfils walking to practice, walked past Heather Watson and Bec Cartwright just wandering around Smile Immense!

Feel rough today though! Our seats were 4 rows from the front on Court No.1 right behind the Fanatics (we were there early enough to have got centre court tix, but we wanted to see Feddy) and in direct sunlight for 6 hours - I was covered up and took regular shade breaks (and drank litres and litres of water) but feeling dizzy and headachy today. Oh dear. Worth it though! Very Happy
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #212 on: June 25, 2010, 01:01 AM »

I didn't bump into anyone famous at ALL this year!

Previously I have seen Andre Agassi, Rafael Nadal, Trevor McDonald (lolz) Wayne Ferreira (F**KING. LEGEND. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANY OF YOU SAY!) Agnieska Radwanska, Jake Humphreys, Boris Becker, John Inverdale, Miles McLagan, Barry Cowan, Schricapan's dad off the top of my head just walking around.

Sooooo agree with you about the heat/headaches though.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: The "I'm already excited for Wimbledon 2010" Thread... « Reply #213 on: June 25, 2010, 10:08 PM »

I didn't bump into anyone famous at ALL this year!

Previously I have seen Andre Agassi, Rafael Nadal, Trevor McDonald (lolz) Wayne Ferreira (F**KING. LEGEND. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANY OF YOU SAY!) Agnieska Radwanska, Jake Humphreys, Boris Becker, John Inverdale, Miles McLagan, Barry Cowan, Schricapan's dad off the top of my head just walking around.

Sooooo agree with you about the heat/headaches though.

Ah Ferreira.  He was in the era of serve and volley and is a really good player although lacking a bit in the stamina department. I had the impression that he didn't seem as robust as say Borg.   I seem to recall that at Wimbledon one year, Wayne Ferreira and Tim Mayotte played a great match where Ferreira won 9-7 in the fifth set, always ahead.  It seemed like such a great deal in those days.  Can't remember which year it was.

Now it pales into insignificance against 70-68 lol !
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »