Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  MurraysWorld ATP Fantasy League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

MurraysWorld ATP Fantasy League

(Read 5281 times)
Connor
John McEnroe

MurraysWorld ATP Fantasy League « on: February 23, 2013, 02:46 PM »

Like the football fantasy league, but just... tennis. They play a similar game on MensTennisForum.

The Rules

1. Pick a player ranked in the Top 100. You will then represent this player for the rest of the Fantasy League season.
2. Every week the League will focus on all the ATP tournaments, including 500 and 1000 level events.
3. There will be a ranking system to the game. The person ranked 1st at the end of the season (Paris Bercy) will win for the year and be crowned champion at the MurraysWorld Awards in December.

How to win points!

When the player you are representing wins a match at the tournament covered that week you will earn 10 points, if they win 2 you will earn another 10 bringing your total to 20, a third 30, a fourth 40, a fifth 50 and in Grand Slams and Masters 1000's six equal 60 points and seven equal 70. If your player is the champion of the tournament you get a bonus 10 points added to the total amount won from R1-F. If your player comes through qualifying and wins the tournament or is a lucky loser and wins the tournament you will gain an extra 15 points on top of the total amount between R1-F.

That is all you need to know. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Application to participate closes on the Thursday before the first tournament which will be Indian Wells. PM your players to me and I will add you to the honour roll.

If you want to change your player to one that is available before the application deadline I will change. If you want to change after, I will not change. You must stick with your player. So choose wisely!

NEW RULE: If you are ranked 1-8 in the rankings at the end of a tournament during the next event you will be seeded. Being seeded can get you more points. If you are the No 1-4 seed and your player wins a round you get an extra point, if you are ranked from 5-8 you get an extra 2 points to every win meaning you will get 3 point in total for one win. If your player wins the tournament and you are seeded 1-4 your player will gain an extra 5 points on top of the already 10 extra. If you are seeded 5-8 you get a huge 20 points extra including the extra 10.

SPECIAL ENTRIES: Gael Monfils, Lleyton Hewitt, James Blake and Ernests Gulbis

[ Last edit by GangstaMurray March 04, 2013, 08:24 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 02:47 PM »

Rankings

1. Rafael Nadal (60 points)
2. Juan Martin Del Potro (50 points)
3. Tomas Berdych (40 points)
3. Novak Djokovic (40 points)
4. Roger Federer (30 points)
4. Andy Murray (30 points)
4. Jo Wilfried-Tsonga (30 points)
5. Richard Gasquet (20 points
5. Sam Querrey (20 points)
5. Milos Raonic (20 points)
6. Nicolas Almagro (10 points)
6. Marin Cilic (10 points)
6. Grigor Dimitrov (10 points)
6. Ryan Harrison (10 points)
6. Jerzy Janowicz (10 points)
6. Kei Nishikori (10 points)
7. David Ferrer (0 points)

Rankings as of 18th March 2013

[ Last edit by GangstaMurray March 19, 2013, 07:40 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 02:47 PM »

Honour Roll

GangstaMurray - Roger Federer
angiebabez - Andy Murray
ZARFEEN15 - Novak Djokovic
The Gnome - Juan Martín del Potro
Aileen - Kei Nishikori
scotnadian - Rafael Nadal
TheMadHatter - David Ferrer
CoolDude - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
laundry - Milos Raonic
ProdigyEng - Tomáš Berdych
Katie - Richard Gasquet
Tessie - Jerzy Janowicz
blueberryhill - Grigor Dimitrov
wimbledonwestie - Marin Čilić
robbie - Ryan Harrison
Fiverings - Nicolas Almagro
Tasmanian Devil - Sam Querrey
Emma Jean - Roger Federer
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray March 05, 2013, 12:17 AM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 04:34 PM »

APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN, PLEASE PM ME YOUR PICKS.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 05:49 PM »

All the best players are taken? lmao
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 06:04 PM »

If it's based on matches won, you surely want someone who will win a lot of matches on the 250 circuit as well as the bigger tournaments.

I've gone for Ferrer, before anyone else gets there. The likes of Almagro and Berdych are good shouts though, and Fish as a dark horse if he returns to full fitness (played a lot of small hard court US tournaments in 2011).
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 06:05 PM »

All the best players are taken? lmao

There are more players to choose from.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 06:46 PM »

Guess I'll take Raonic
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 07:41 PM »

Thank you all for entering, its going to be a competitive and fun year.
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 07:43 PM »

Thank you all for entering, its going to be a competitive and fun year.
yep lots of entries Smile
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 07:47 PM »

yep lots of entries Smile

Indeed, and theres still a week or so left to enter so hopefully the list will be longer by Thursday.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 07:48 PM »

There is also a new rule to the rulebook, please read it just so you know, if you have any questions please PM me. Cheers.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 08:37 PM »

Yaay!! Looks like i logged on to this thread just at the right time......Andy is mine suckers  yay
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 08:41 PM »

Gangsta why did u change ur player? Is it because i said he was shite?  w00t
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The MurraysWorld ATP Tennis Fantasy League « Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 08:44 PM »

Gangsta why did u change ur player? Is it because i said he was shite?  w00t

Yes, but also Fed rarely loses before the SF or Final of any tournament so I am in with a chance Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »