Home Login Register
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  The WTA Thread.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Reply

The WTA Thread.

That's amazing - I started to watch that and gave it up very quickly as I thought it might not be competitive.  Perhaps Schiavone has come up in the rankings since I last saw her.

Competitive? They both played absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately there also a lot of ups and downs but on the whole the match was very good to watch. But I personally think Schiavone won't manage to beat Dementieva because yesterday in the end she(Schiavone) was obviously suffering from the Mauresmo syndrome- difficulty in making the final points.
[ Last edit by steph February 29, 2008, 01:40 PM ] IP Logged

Competitive? They both played absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately there also a lot of ups and downs but on the whole the match was very good to watch. But I personally think Schiavone won't manage to beat Dementieva because yesterday in the end she(Schiavone) was obviously suffering from the Mauresmo syndrome- difficulty in making the final points.

I could see by the score line that they had both played great tennis.  What I meant was, based on my viewing of Schiavone's less than great play some time in the distance past, I thought she would stand no chance and therefore did not watch the match
IP Logged

Dementieva (as expected) won the tournament against Kuznetsova .
IP Logged

Davenport won the singles and doubles titles in Memphis.

Well done Lindsay.  clap
IP Logged

Serena just beat Venus 6-3 3-6 7-6(4) to reach the Bangalore final.
IP Logged

No Katie and Anne to cheer in Indian Wells but we can still follow Naomi Cavaday who is into the QFs of the £50,000K event in India.  yay
IP Logged

Naomi is through to the semi-finals in India and will face the number 4 seed, Naomi is seeded 8th for this event.
IP Logged

Naomi got beaten in the semis.  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged

Well done to Elena Baltacha who the £25k event in Jersey.  clap
[ Last edit by KitKat March 31, 2008, 12:50 PM ] IP Logged

Selling women's tennis:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1391046/Racy-new-ad-Strong-Beautiful-womens-tennis-campaign-unveiled.html
IP Logged

DM can't spell Ana Ivanovic and Kim Clijsters isn't Dutch... just shows no one cares about women's tennis! Very Happy
IP Logged

People care about the WTA?
IP Logged

People care about the WTA?

It's truly fecking atrocious and never more than right now. Some complete randomer is going to win the ladies' French.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Reply