Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Travelling abroad to Grand Slams 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Travelling abroad to Grand Slams

(Read 465 times)
AussieAndyFan

Travelling abroad to Grand Slams « on: December 06, 2011, 08:11 AM »

Hi guys,

Have not been around here for a while, have just finished my final year of study, which now allows time to plan our 2 weeks at the upcoming Australian Open! Only 40 days away now!

But anyway, back on track...

As a few of you may know, myself & the boys are planning a trip, most likely to Wimbledon, in 2013.

We have the options of attending one of the other 3 Grand Slams but are not quite sure of a ballpark figure of our budget. Our economy is different to the Pound, and I am not quite sure where our Dollar sits at the moment.

So basically..

- What do you folks belive to be the 'cheaper' of the 3 Slams to attend?
- I was thinking a minimum of $10,000 should be alright for a 2-3 week overseas trip, but I am not quite sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Shane  Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Travelling abroad to Grand Slams « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 05:28 PM »

Hi Shane........I'm looking forward to seeing you all on the TV! Which part of A N D Y are you?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Travelling abroad to Grand Slams « Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 02:07 PM »

Shane, when r u coming? I've been to RG and liked it very much. Not outlandishly expensive either.
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Travelling abroad to Grand Slams « Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 05:17 AM »

Hi Shane........I'm looking forward to seeing you all on the TV! Which part of A N D Y are you?

I am the 'Y', Caz.

Shane, when r u coming? I've been to RG and liked it very much. Not outlandishly expensive either.

We are aiming for 2013. This will give us all a year or two out of school to work & save up.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Travelling abroad to Grand Slams « Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 08:11 AM »

Thanks Shane.......I'll remember that! When you see the cameras on you, give us a wave! Very Happy
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Travelling abroad to Grand Slams « Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:00 PM »

I have been to the US Open 3 times, you get great value for money with the matches you see and the ticket prices, labor day weekend go for their holiday package you can see Saturday, Sunday and the Mondya night session for around $150, enjoy!
IP Logged
AussieAndyFan

Re: Travelling abroad to Grand Slams « Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 08:04 AM »

We would be there for the whole Grand Slam for whichever Slam we decide to go to. So we would be hoping to see all of Andy's & a few other players matches.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »