Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Tsonga wins Doha 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Tsonga wins Doha

(Read 1137 times)
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 11:47 PM »

Your master's bunny and compatriot.

Roger's fellow swiss would be Stan, yeah he and Murray have some good matches, he pushed him close in Asia recently and he sent him packing at the US Open in 2010 with an awesome dsiplay of power hitting mainly off the backhand!

Stan and Roger won the Olympic gold together in 2008 that was to me a huge event even though it was doubles the confidence spilled over for Roger into the US Open and allowed him to take out a major when it looked as though he would go slamless for a that year the way Rafa had been playing throughout that summer.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 11:51 PM »

Roger's fellow swiss would be Stan, yeah he and Murray have some good matches, he pushed him close in Asia recently and he sent him packing at the US Open in 2010 with an awesome dsiplay of power hitting mainly off the backhand!

Stan and Roger won the Olympic gold together in 2008 that was to me a huge event even though it was doubles the confidence spilled over for Roger into the US Open and allowed him to take out a major when it looked as though he would go slamless for a that year the way Rafa had been playing throughout that summer.

Aha, so you admit he's your master then! Smile
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 11:52 PM »

Aha, so you admit he's your master then! Smile

Nope I took it as a typo from you (I know its late) I figured you meant THE master rather than your master and you would be correct Smile
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 07:42 AM »

Doesn't take much does it lol

No other previous champion was shown on tv dontknow

Murray (2008 and 2009 winner) btw Whistle
lmao   You naught girl Bev., but I do like you naughty
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 07:45 AM »

lol

I was reading another thread and 'they' love to get old Rog in at every opportunity Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 08:39 AM »

Monfils took Rafa apart in the semi, where he was pumped up. So it was suprising that he played relatively badly in the final. Shockingly dangerous surface conditions, poor Jo W. fell and was lucky to come away without an injured knee.

He (Monfils) is a most inconsistent player though, whereas Jo W. is consolidating now, after an injury period and strengthening his game and confidence.

Tsonga and Monfils are Frances only realistic hopes atm, G. Simon is not going to pose a threat at the top. Personally I think he's had his day, unfortunately.
[ Last edit by lashurst January 09, 2012, 08:46 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 02:39 PM »

Monfils took Rafa apart in the semi, where he was pumped up. So it was suprising that he played relatively badly in the final. Shockingly dangerous surface conditions, poor Jo W. fell and was lucky to come away without an injured knee.

He (Monfils) is a most inconsistent player though, whereas Jo W. is consolidating now, after an injury period and strengthening his game and confidence.

Tsonga and Monfils are Frances only realistic hopes atm, G. Simon is not going to pose a threat at the top. Personally I think he's had his day, unfortunately.

I don't think Nadal was all that interested in that match. Both Federer and Nadal were there for the money for the most part and neither cared for anything else. I wouldn't read too much into this loss. If you notice any early exit by any of the top players at slams, only then we can conclude that one is in a terrible form. That has yet to happen.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 02:45 PM »

I think if Rafa and Smugfed are in the same half of the AO draw I think we could see a couple of surprise semi-finalists e.g. Del Potro, Tsonga, Berdych with 1 of them getting to their second Slam final.  This would leave Andy and Novak to slug it out in the top half.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 04:31 PM »

Well I hope Andy isn't in Rafa's half because those two just kill each other..oh and Ferrer too, remember last year no
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #24 on: January 09, 2012, 06:15 PM »

Well I hope Andy isn't in Rafa's half because those two just kill each other..oh and Ferrer too, remember last year no

Absolutely. He's a complete grinder. I'd hate it very much if I see he's in Andy's half. He nearly destroyed Andy last year. I like him as a person but drawing him in a slam is just pure bad luck. 
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #25 on: January 09, 2012, 08:01 PM »

Absolutely. He's a complete grinder. I'd hate it very much if I see he's in Andy's half. He nearly destroyed Andy last year. I like him as a person but drawing him in a slam is just pure bad luck. 

He is a very gritty player but he has the type of game that an attacking player should be able to hit him off the court, Roger has beaten him 11 times out of 11 and I do not feel like beating Ferrer has ever tired him out for the next match.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #26 on: January 09, 2012, 08:10 PM »

He is a very gritty player but he has the type of game that an attacking player should be able to hit him off the court, Roger has beaten him 11 times out of 11 and I do not feel like beating Ferrer has ever tired him out for the next match.

Good for him - now, back to Murray...
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #27 on: January 09, 2012, 08:11 PM »

Well said Joe. At the moment I'm getting my eggs ready!!!!!
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #28 on: January 09, 2012, 08:25 PM »

The thread is not actually about the British number 1! But it was mentioned that Ferrer is a bad draw for him! This shouldn't be the case he took care of him pretty well in Asia with a couple of straight sets wins when he was playing some very offensive tennis by his standards, but he did lose his last match to Ferrer so we will see what happens if that matchup occurs.

Roger has the attacking game as I say to bury ferrer and not let it affect his chances, if Murray emulated this against a grinder like Ferrer, he would not have to worry about the match even in victory denting his title chances!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Tsonga wins Doha « Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 12:35 AM »

roflmao
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »