Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open 2012: The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 73 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open 2012: The Other Players

(Read 13983 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #45 on: August 27, 2012, 11:49 AM »

Come on Donald. Your moment of glory has come Super
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #46 on: August 27, 2012, 01:13 PM »

It's funny how Federer seems to have more bad days against Murray than good days. Oh but of course Masters and other tournaments don't count do they, only Grand Slam H2H counts. Because that favours Federer obviously. Anything to twist the facts.

Anyway, Young will get creamed 0, 0 & 2. Too low on confidence.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #47 on: August 27, 2012, 02:31 PM »

I think this Federer suffers from low self esteem, somebody get this guy a shrink.

I'd say he has a massively inflated ego.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #48 on: August 27, 2012, 02:55 PM »

According to a report I found on the web delpo has been having trouble with his wrist while practising for USO so I don't see him causing Nole any real problems, if he even gets that far. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #49 on: August 27, 2012, 04:20 PM »

According to a report I found on the web delpo has been having trouble with his wrist while practising for USO so I don't see him causing Nole any real problems, if he even gets that far. 
After Nole trounced him in Cinci, I never thought he would anyway.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #50 on: August 27, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Yes but that was in part because of the wrist no doubt as he said it was causing him pain throughout the match.  Without a wrist injury I think he could have caused trouble - at least to detain Nole for more than 3 sets.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #51 on: August 27, 2012, 07:38 PM »

Watch this Nole shot..
http://www.whosay.com/novakdjokovic/videos/218863
IP Logged
Judge Holden

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #52 on: August 27, 2012, 07:43 PM »

I'd say he has a massively inflated ego.

When Murray as 17 major titles he can get one too!  Go Andy!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #53 on: August 28, 2012, 02:22 AM »

Nishi and Fish are through. So is Granollers.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #54 on: August 28, 2012, 02:23 AM »

Laura Robson in a 2nd set tie break after winning the 1st set.

C'mon Laura clapping
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #55 on: August 28, 2012, 02:31 AM »

^ A tad risky that one. Wink

Good for Laura - hope she can pull out the win!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #56 on: August 28, 2012, 03:52 AM »

Laura through to the second round - well done Laura!

Young's playing well but not nearly well enough - now a break down in the third.  He did break Fed in the second set though.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #57 on: August 28, 2012, 07:41 AM »

Fed lost more games than Muzz.  lol   Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #58 on: August 28, 2012, 08:49 AM »

Donald so unlucky.... Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: US Open 2012: The Other Players, etc « Reply #59 on: August 28, 2012, 05:20 PM »

But Philip that almost implies that the gold medal was in Fed's gift.  Don't you think that he didn't play his best in that match because Andy didn't allow him to?
That was not the intention of my comment. Andy won because he truly believed and went for his shots as well as Delpo did him a favour by knackering Fed out physically and mentally.

The point I was trying to make in my previous comment is that in the April interview, Fed, Nole and Andy all mentioned that having confidence in vital. I think that when a player is having absolute confidence in his ability and be able to pull out his best shots at crunch moments is what separates the great from the also rans. Fed's comment is definitely not humble but maybe having that kind of absolute confidence in his ability is what allowed him to consistently execute his high risk attacking shots.

Now maybe a better strategy is to be humble in interviews but to have that absolute inner confidence in one's ability to play the best shots when the occasion demands it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 73 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »