Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open 2013 - The other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 102 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: US Open 2013 - The other players  (Read 16677 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #405 on: August 31, 2013, 04:41 AM »

On the flip-side if novak somehow goes out now Very Happy

...To Lleyton (dreams of the upset that would cause!)

Well I'm going to try and sleep again Very Happy A happy bunny now!

I really am a total Hewitt fangirl lol
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #406 on: August 31, 2013, 04:46 AM »

Not a huge fan of Daveeed Ferrer but putting the number 4 seed on Grandstand tomorrow is really insulting, i know the Williams sisters are playing an all American doubles match but putting it onto Arthur Ashe over a singles match on day 6 of a slam? Did Wimbledon or any other slam ever do that?

Old father time gets another night match, how can they continue to justify this crap, bloody money men calling the shots.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #407 on: August 31, 2013, 08:08 AM »

absolutely agree gnome - in fact just posted something similar on another thread. TV rules ok and to hell with what's right from the players' point of view.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #408 on: August 31, 2013, 08:37 AM »

Grandstand? Seriously? Unbelievable. Although, let's be honest, it isn't. The USTA doesn't give a stuff about the players, apart from a certain few.

Ferrer and Andy should tell them where to shove their tournament. It's a complete farce. If all the top players had to take a turn on either Armstrong ir Grandstand, like at Wimbledon where they all have to play at least once on Court One, it wouldn't be so bad, but it's the unfairness of it, not to mention the money men driving the thing, that makes me so angry. It's so insulting.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #409 on: August 31, 2013, 09:31 AM »

Grandstand? Seriously? Unbelievable. Although, let's be honest, it isn't. The USTA doesn't give a stuff about the players, apart from a certain few.

Ferrer and Andy should tell them where to shove their tournament. It's a complete farce. If all the top players had to take a turn on either Armstrong ir Grandstand, like at Wimbledon where they all have to play at least once on Court One, it wouldn't be so bad, but it's the unfairness of it, not to mention the money men driving the thing, that makes me so angry. It's so insulting.

Agree. It's doing my head in as well. It's almost as though they know he hates this court, and so they are trying to make life as difficult as possible for him.  I know it was his first, but what with the Kneedal farce I am not enjoying the tournament. Mind you it coud also be that these middle of the night wreck me.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #410 on: August 31, 2013, 09:34 AM »

Dammmn Lleyton won?Gahhhh.Not that I've anything against Lleyton,but I really hoped Delpo would give Novak a good fight.Novak must think Christmas has come early now.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #411 on: August 31, 2013, 09:44 AM »

Dammmn Lleyton won?Gahhhh.Not that I've anything against Lleyton,but I really hoped Delpo would give Novak a good fight.Novak must think Christmas has come early now.

I know dani Frown that was my thinking.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #412 on: August 31, 2013, 10:02 AM »

Jamie Murray and Jonnny Marry are still in the mens doubles with their respective partners.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #413 on: August 31, 2013, 10:16 AM »

What a win for Lleyton! - happy for him but disappointed for Delpo. Apart from Wimbledon, he's not done well in the slams this year - 3R in Australia and now 2R here. Frown Plus a Djokovic/Delpo semi-final would've been a good match as he always plays Novak close. Oh well...

Not a huge fan of Daveeed Ferrer but putting the number 4 seed on Grandstand tomorrow is really insulting, i know the Williams sisters are playing an all American doubles match but putting it onto Arthur Ashe over a singles match on day 6 of a slam? Did Wimbledon or any other slam ever do that?

Old father time gets another night match, how can they continue to justify this crap, bloody money men calling the shots.

It's all about ratings for the US Open unfortunately, and Serena/Venus are big draws. I definitely don't think it justifies being on Arthur Ashe ahead of a singles match though.

Ferrer did get put on the third court at both Wimbledon and the French Open so he probably won't be surprised. But he should at least be on Armstrong imo. Gasquet, the number 8 seed, is way out on Court 17 which I don't think is fair either.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #414 on: August 31, 2013, 11:51 AM »

I'd rather the best players didn't lose before they were scheduled to face Andy...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #415 on: August 31, 2013, 12:06 PM »

Jamie Murray and Jonnny Marry are still in the mens doubles with their respective partners.

Both pairs are doing so well. It's great to hear about it.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #416 on: August 31, 2013, 12:07 PM »

I'd rather the best players didn't lose before they were scheduled to face Andy...

My thoughts exactly, don't want another asterixed Slam under his belt.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #417 on: August 31, 2013, 12:09 PM »

My thoughts exactly, don't want another asterixed Slam under his belt.

What asterixed Slam does he have now?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #418 on: August 31, 2013, 12:39 PM »

Behave Gangsta, he doesn't have any asterisked Slam. It's not his fault his draws opened up. Besides Verdasco and JJ are VERY GOOD opponents when on, Verdasco was former top 10 (I think), and JJ is future Top 10, and then Nole in the Final, 6x Slam Champ, former Wimbledon Champ? Yeah not easy.

I mean look at the US Open now, all the big four have supposedly 'easy' draws now but they will still all be challenged.

The reason I say I want Andy to place the best ranked players is because I feel he plays against them better than he does the low ranked at times. He's on point from the get go, and gets the job done, like a true Tradesman.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #419 on: August 31, 2013, 12:50 PM »

What asterixed Slam does he have now?

The USO and Wimbledon presumably, because Djokovic is such a pushover. Dear God, I despair!

There are no asterisks in winning slams. You either win or you don't. You don't get better prize money or ranking points based on the perceived worth of your opponent. There are no ifs, buts or maybes about the conditions. Andy has beaten Djokovic in high winds. He's beaten him in extreme heat with no air. Both times Andy won, the first time in five sets, where he made Djokovic work for every point, the second in straight sets, where he made Djokovic work for every point and tried to make him have a nervous breakdown as well. I have a feeling he won that battle as well as the trophy.

I have a feeling Andy's semi final opponents are being brought into question, as if those wins for Andy are of less value than beating a Nadal, Djokovic or that other one, but I've been watching tennis for a number of years and I've yet to see anyone win a slam in the semi finals. What you can do at that point is lose one. In two of the last three majors Andy has played in he hasn't lost a match. That's good enough for me, and I couldn't give a flying fig who he has played to do it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 102 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »