Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open 2013 - The other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 102 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open 2013 - The other players

(Read 17788 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #495 on: September 02, 2013, 08:42 AM »

I felt really sorry for Sousa when I read the BBC's match report. It sounds like the lad was knackered.

An hour and 45 minutes for a score like that? What's he doing, going back to the excessive ball bouncing (that used to drive me mad when he did that) or smoking a cigar at the change of ends? Smile.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #496 on: September 02, 2013, 09:00 AM »

I felt really sorry for Sousa when I read the BBC's match report. It sounds like the lad was knackered.

An hour and 45 minutes for a score like that? What's he doing, going back to the excessive ball bouncing (that used to drive me mad when he did that) or smoking a cigar at the change of ends? Smile.

Sousa played 2 consecutive 5 set matches against Dimitrov and Nieminen, he was bound to be tired.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #497 on: September 02, 2013, 09:05 AM »

Sousa played 2 consecutive 5 set matches against Dimitrov and Nieminen, he was bound to be tired.

I know, that's what I meant.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #498 on: September 02, 2013, 09:08 AM »

One hopes that Istomin  is well knackered as well.....!!!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #499 on: September 02, 2013, 09:36 AM »

I thought I heard that Nadal has also reverted to excessive time between points.  They should be penalised for this as it mainly because of them the rule was supposed to be used this year.  Nadal argued with the umpire at IW and nothing was done so he continued in his usual way.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #500 on: September 02, 2013, 09:38 AM »

One hopes that Istomin  is well knackered as well.....!!!

He probably will be as theses players do not seem to have the same powers of recovery.  I do not think they train as hard.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #501 on: September 02, 2013, 09:43 AM »

I don't know how Djokovic has managed to make a 6-0 6-2 6-2 match last nearly an hour and 45 minutes, he even got broke serving for the match.

Youzhny beats Haas in 4, and Smyczek vs Granola is into the 5th set.
weird so on court nearly as long as Andy.  Must have been very long points.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #502 on: September 02, 2013, 11:30 AM »

Next up for Djoko is Granollers, who has played 5 setters in all three rounds, and plays his round 3 doubles match today!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #503 on: September 02, 2013, 01:18 PM »

jammy nole
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #504 on: September 02, 2013, 01:58 PM »

So Ferrer yet again gets put on Grandstand  (and hasn't been on Ashe once). Very unfair treatment of a world number 4/French Open finalist.

Last year Ferrer/Tipsarevic was one of the matches of the tournament. Hope they put on a good show again - at least on Grandstand there's always a great atmosphere.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #505 on: September 02, 2013, 02:14 PM »

I watched Nole vs Sousa. Despite the one sided scoreline, the match was long for a reason. This Sousa lad just wouldn't give up. Even on the games where he got broken, he was fighting for ages to stay in the game most of the time. I don't think there were many love games, and all of the 3 games Sousa won he was fighting for over 10 minutes to win them.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #506 on: September 02, 2013, 03:54 PM »

Next up for Djoko is Granollers, who has played 5 setters in all three rounds, and plays his round 3 doubles match today!

Oh you have to be kidding me! Maybe they'll let Granollers have a lie down halfway through Whistle.

One thought does occur to me though. There is a danger of matches being a bit too easy for certain people. You never know, Djokovic might come really unstuck in the semi's Whistle.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #507 on: September 02, 2013, 03:55 PM »

So Ferrer yet again gets put on Grandstand  (and hasn't been on Ashe once). Very unfair treatment of a world number 4/French Open finalist.

Last year Ferrer/Tipsarevic was one of the matches of the tournament. Hope they put on a good show again - at least on Grandstand there's always a great atmosphere.

It's disgraceful isn't it.

I remember that match from last year. It was fabulous, definitely one of the best.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #508 on: September 02, 2013, 04:26 PM »

I know Fed is who he is and has a huge following - but how long will it be before they realise he is not in the top 3 anymore.  Poor Daveeeed Ferrer, bumped to Grandstand again.  Come on Tommy Robredo!!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #509 on: September 02, 2013, 05:34 PM »

Ferrer is boring but he should be on Ashe at least once by now.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 102 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »