Home Login Register
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open 2013 - The other players
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 102 Reply

US Open 2013 - The other players

A lot of people have commented on how Duval has a good attitude.
IP Logged

Great, all matches are currently suspended due to an imminent lightning storm
IP Logged

^ Oh great! Rolling Eyes  I could be wrong, but I think these things tend to be short-lived in NY and also they can mop the courts up quite quickly.  I suppose we should be grateful Andy isn't playing right now.

in defence of prod [hey there's something you might not have expected to read prod  Whistle ]:  I don't think people have to support a player just coz they're British.  I like Heather but don't think she plays as well as Laura.  Didn't watch the match but the BBC comm this morning was suggesting she was playing a more aggressive game under tutelage of Bates.
I much prefer Laura too and think she has more natural potential than Heather.  And I wasn't suggesting Prod should support her because she's British, just that it isn't very nice to be glad when a player loses ... err ... with possibly one exception ... Whistle

The irony with Prod is that he says Heather is boring and then he supports JJ. He wasn't exactly a thrill a minute yesterday was he, when he was bumped out on his backside by Gonzalez.
In fairness to JJ, he was either ill or injured - not sure which as I only caught the end of the match.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 28, 2013, 07:30 PM ] IP Logged

US Open Tennis ‏@usopen
It looks like the inclement weather has passed. We will dry the courts & match play will resume thereafter. Stay tuned for updates! #usopen
IP Logged

US Open Tennis ‏@usopen
It looks like the inclement weather has passed. We will dry the courts & match play will resume thereafter. Stay tuned for updates! #usopen

Allez!
IP Logged

Delpo looks scarily good right now!
IP Logged

Oh no rain again hope it passes quickly.
IP Logged

US Open and their lack of a roof  doh
IP Logged

A win for Colin & Jonny eventually - matched postponed from yesterday because of rain on Monday, and interrupted today.

Laura leading 6-4 5-4 v Garcia
IP Logged

Well done Colin & Johnny!

Laura finally wins, taking 2nd set TB 7-5. yay
IP Logged

Lleyton through in 4 sets  cmon yeah
IP Logged

Poor James Blake, just lost his last ever match from 2 sets up to Karlovic  shocking
IP Logged

I see Nadal beat Federer tomorrow for the night match slot
IP Logged

Lleyton through in 4 sets  cmon yeah

He's got Delpo next - that should be a great match. Lleyton matches up well against him, though his two wins have been on grass.
IP Logged

Saw Lleyton beat JMDP at Queens. Played terrific, returning majority of those mighty forehands and making JM look slow.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 102 Reply