Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  USO 2009 - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 89 Go Down Reply
Author

USO 2009 - Other Players

(Read 10328 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

USO 2009 - Other Players « on: July 23, 2009, 08:40 AM »

Federer, Nadal, Roddick head US Open men's field

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — Five-time defending champion Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Andy Roddick are among eight Grand Slam winners leading the men's field for the U.S. Open.

All top 100 men in the rankings received direct entry Wednesday into the hard-court tournament, played Aug. 31 to Sept. 13 in New York.

Federer will be trying to become the first man since Bill Tilden in the 1920s to win the American Grand Slam six consecutive times. By winning the French Open and Wimbledon this year, Federer raised his career total to 15 major titles, breaking Pete Sampras' record.

Nadal missed Wimbledon with sore knees. Now he will be trying to complete his career Grand Slam at Flushing Meadows.

Roddick won the 2003 U.S. Open.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hD4gYm48NDfQ8lCy6fwDF1ZLV4cAD99JNUJ02
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 06:47 PM »

This thread alreadyyyyy!?!
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:13 PM »

Thanks Daisy.  It is amazing that the US open is only 5 weeks away.  I like the fact that they are keeping quiet about Andy.  This gives him more breathing space and less pressure to do well which should help him go deep into the tournament and win it.
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 10:51 PM »

This thread alreadyyyyy!?!
lol my thoughts exactly
thought it was last years or something
IP Logged
fedexpress

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 10:05 AM »

With only 2 weeks or so until the start of the US Open do people have any thoughts who's likely to win? Nadal still may not be fully fit so Murray has a good chance to reach the semis. In the current edition of our ACE Tennis magazine there is a guide to the potential stars of the US Open. There is strong support for Murray to be victorious on our Facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/pages/ACE-Tennis-Magazine/50375017857
Matthew, ACE Tennis Magazine
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 10:10 AM »

Yippee, I'm just going to be finishing my dissertation so I can turn nocturnal!!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 10:12 AM »

I think there will be some jostling going on .......... it's possible to add JMDP into that group and Roddick too ....... going to be a goody.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 10:13 AM »

Yippee, I'm just going to be finishing my dissertation so I can turn nocturnal!!

That really is the only problem with the US Swing ..... it's all out of step with our Euro bodyclocks ...
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 10:16 AM »

Wish I could do the same! Hopefully Murray will play on my birthday though.. (and win!)
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 10:18 AM »

That really is the only problem with the US Swing ..... it's all out of step with our Euro bodyclocks ...
Yes I remember last year I stayed up to watch Andy's semi with Nadal and then the final the next day, and I nearly had a nervous breakdown through lack of sleep... Not good, will start sleeping extra long hours now to make up for any lost time later

Also, it is by no way as bad as the Australian Open
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 07:08 PM »

USTA to offer free live streaming on USOpen.org

http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2009-08-24/200908241251148811828.html
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

A Miserable Little Pile Of BULL ****!

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 08:27 PM »

Sounds like it's US only Frown
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 08:52 PM »

Sounds like it's US only Frown

I couldn't make up my mind if it really was US only - it seemed that the statement contradicted itself farther on ??
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 07:53 AM »

My intepretation is there will be two streaming services, one for the US and one for the world. The US will get a live stream for all matches while the rest of the world will be restricted to matches ESPN2 and the Tennis Channel broadcast.

OR

They screwed up the wording of the announcement and there is simply one streaming service that will broadcast to the world.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: USO 2009 - Other Players « Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 09:28 AM »

My intepretation is there will be two streaming services, one for the US and one for the world. The US will get a live stream for all matches while the rest of the world will be restricted to matches ESPN2 and the Tennis Channel broadcast.

OR

They screwed up the wording of the announcement and there is simply one streaming service that will broadcast to the world.

Giggle giggle Mark ....... there's definitely room for interpretation in the statement isn't there!  I thought the same as you did in your first para ...... and then I thought the same as you did in the second paragraph and then I decided I would let someone else on here tell me what to think ...... lmao
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 89 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »