Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Visiting Challenger / Satellite / Futures Tournaments 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Visiting Challenger / Satellite / Futures Tournaments

(Read 780 times)
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Visiting Challenger / Satellite / Futures Tournaments « on: December 27, 2005, 05:31 PM »

I was thinking of going to watch some of these tournaments in the UK next year, but I can't seem to find any info on them.

I'm assuming they have spectators? Do they get many people watching? Do you have to have tickets or anything?

I'd like to go and watch some of the up and coming talent, and give some support to the British players. Anyone ever been before or have any info on this?

Dan.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Visiting Challenger / Satellite / Futures Tournaments « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 05:59 PM »

I have no idea, have you searched on the internet yet? Good question, would like to know that too!  Think
IP Logged
kate85

Visiting Challenger / Satellite / Futures Tournaments « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 05:59 PM »

Hi,
I have been to Future's Events in Sunderland and Edinburgh and I haven't had to pay to get in. I'm assuming it's the same everywehere, but not sure. I haven't been to a challenger so that could be different. At the Future's in Sunderland there were no spectators, just coaches and families and centre staff. But in Edinburgh it was a final so there were a few people there.
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Visiting Challenger / Satellite / Futures Tournaments « Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 06:01 PM »

I've just been taking a quick look around and it seems like entry is free  shockingSmile Definately might be worth going!

Still need definitive information though  confused I don't want to turn up and there be nobody else there at all LOL

Challengers are a step up from Futures, right? So I'm guessing they get a few more people there? I know they get some fairly well known players competing in Challenger tournaments becuase it's only one tier below ATP level.

Dan.
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Visiting Challenger / Satellite / Futures Tournaments « Reply #4 on: December 30, 2005, 10:45 PM »

I'm still looking...
IP Logged
heavenlyangel
Challenger Level

Visiting Challenger / Satellite / Futures Tournaments « Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 09:40 AM »

Maybe email LTA and ask them if they have any info ?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »