Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice

(Read 3094 times)
Josh
Seed

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #15 on: February 03, 2009, 02:33 PM »

A ground pass can be bought by queueing on the day (about £17) - it lets you enter the Wimbledon grounds and gives you access to any court apart from Centre, 1 and 2. For Centre, 1 and 2 you either have to camp over night i.e. join the queue the night before so you're one of the first in line come the morning or apply through the ballot about half a year before. Smile

Ground Passes are £20 a day but go down to about £14 I think after 5 pm.  You can see Court 2 with a ground pass as they is some standing room at the back of one of the stands, and if you are on the back row of Court 3 then you can look behind you and see number 2 pretty well.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #16 on: February 03, 2009, 02:34 PM »

Actually that probably won't be the case anymore given they've built a new court 2 so forget what I just said.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 02:36 PM »

Is the new court 2 in action for '09?
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 02:37 PM »

Check this out!

* XG2P2656.jpg (28.6 KB, 398x265 - viewed 221 times.)
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 02:59 PM »

Ground Passes are £20 a day but go down to about £14 I think after 5 pm.  You can see Court 2 with a ground pass as they is some standing room at the back of one of the stands, and if you are on the back row of Court 3 then you can look behind you and see number 2 pretty well.

Yea but the new court 2 is in a completely different location. I'm glad they've made it ticket holders only because the standing at the back was awful! Could never see anything!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 03:19 PM »

Read my second post lol
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 12:11 AM »

Haha, 11am!?!

Well we didn't really know much beforehand, given we live in New Zealand and had never been before. Thought it might have been a little late but then we were seated on court 18 within an hour and saw almost a whole day's play. Smile

Anyone know when we might find out if we have got anything in the ballot for this year? First time I've entered it.
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #22 on: February 05, 2009, 05:32 PM »

If I pass my test I'm thinking of driving down for the middle weekend and camping for tickets with my friends... hoping costs will be cut by sleeping in a tent and only having to pay for petrol.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #23 on: February 05, 2009, 10:34 PM »

Well we didn't really know much beforehand, given we live in New Zealand and had never been before. Thought it might have been a little late but then we were seated on court 18 within an hour and saw almost a whole day's play. Smile

Anyone know when we might find out if we have got anything in the ballot for this year? First time I've entered it.

Should know by end of Feb I think....

The first ballot will take place in January and successful applicants will be notified from February onwards.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #24 on: February 05, 2009, 10:49 PM »

Oh ok thanks.
How do you find out? Do they just send a letter telling you what you have got and how to pay/accept them? And if you get nothing do you just not hear anything?

With my luck, if I get anything it will be in the first 4 days when I won't be able to go. lol
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #25 on: February 06, 2009, 12:12 AM »

Oh ok thanks.
How do you find out? Do they just send a letter telling you what you have got and how to pay/accept them? And if you get nothing do you just not hear anything?

With my luck, if I get anything it will be in the first 4 days when I won't be able to go. lol

You can give them to me instead Wink lol

I think so mate, yes.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #26 on: February 06, 2009, 12:31 AM »

Can you swap them with other people who have days they also don't want?
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #27 on: February 06, 2009, 12:36 AM »

Can you swap them with other people who have days they also don't want?

Technically not, but last year, some friends of ours couldn't make it to london because of the floods. So they posted their show court tickets for the Wednesday by recorded delivery and they arrived at our hotel at 10.30am on the day and we had an extra days play to see. lol Was quite fabulous. No one checks for names or anything.... not sure they even are specific to people tbh.
IP Logged
scotlandsandy
Satellite Level

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 01:58 PM »

Did anyone get any ticket allocations for Wimbledon this year? Doesn't look as if l've been selected this year. First year ever.
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice « Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 09:59 PM »

My daughter got tickets for Court No.1 on the first Monday and of course she is taking me!! I am in the LTA ballot which apparently isnt drawn until the end of this month or the beginning of March.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »