Andy Murray vs Joao Sousa, Thursday, Estimated time - 3:30pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] Reply

Visiting Wimbledon 2009 Advice

Meh, I find 80% of the rallies are just 3 seconds of 510 ratatatatatatatatatat volleys at the net. Repeat.

But then again, I don't watch a lot. Smile
IP Logged

I went yesterday. Queued all day from 10-5.20. Finally got in and watched Murray on the big screen. Towards the end of the Murray match they said court 1 resale tickets were available on the screen so when he got 1 game from the match I headed towards where they sell them. Saw the end of the match then ran there determined to see something live and I got a front row seat to see the last set and a half of Ferrero-Gonzalez. Made the whole day worth it as it was the best tennis I'd ever seen live. Smile
IP Logged

Chriiiiist, why did you join at 10? I am assuming you were just trying for evening tickets?
IP Logged

Because I didn't really have any idea since I don't live here and hence don't go regularly. I was hoping for a ground pass but didn't really know when I should join. Obviously should have set off several hours earlier than the 8.30am I did leave in hindsight but I just didn't know. Last time I did it in 2006 we got there at 11.30 and the steward said we wouldn't get in before 5pm. But the queue started moving and before 12.30 we were already sitting at court 18 and had a full day there so that was the only experience I had to go on. Being a Saturday with Murray playing gave everything it needed to be an extremely busy day I guess.
IP Logged

I say just leave as early as you can.
IP Logged

I think as a general rule anything after 8:30am is too late, you want to be in just before noon. Glad you had a good day though Alex Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] Reply