Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  What tennis racquet do you use? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author

What tennis racquet do you use?

 (Read 11643 times)
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #60 on: January 01, 2006, 08:22 PM »
Reply

I've never played hockey or football at school either....... we do however play Laccrosse..... now i bet none of you have ever played that  Wink
We do also do badminton/tennis/athletics/netball/dance/gym/swimming and loads of other things that i can't remember  confused
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe
*********
Posts: 17,962

Gender: Female


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #61 on: January 01, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Reply

lol my mum was a complete legend at lacrosse - i think she played for the British universities team....
IP Logged
maisy_moppy
Junior
*
Posts: 124

Location: UK


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #62 on: January 01, 2006, 08:25 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "Banannie"
I've never played hockey or football at school either....... we do however play Laccrosse..... now i bet none of you have ever played that  Wink
We do also do badminton/tennis/athletics/netball/dance/gym/swimming and loads of other things that i can't remember  confused


Is Laccrosse fun? I hav neva played it.
We don't do badminton or swimming. We do barely any of each of our sports, I'm terrible at all the school 1s.
Does any1 else hav 2 do the bleep test? I h8 it sooooo much!!!!
Wat is yr favourite thing in athletics?
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level
**
Posts: 1,444

Gender: Female
Location: mentalville


Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #63 on: January 01, 2006, 08:26 PM »
Reply

wow! never played football. we have played football since year 7 up to now (year 10!) i love it. i used to be on the girls football team but gave up in year 9. we do rounders/volleyball/table tennis/football/netball :P /athletics/gym
as for laccrosse....wouldn't have a clue where to start!
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #64 on: January 01, 2006, 08:28 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "eira_arian"
lol my mum was a complete legend at lacrosse - i think she played for the British universities team....


 shocking Really..... wow!!! I hated it sooooo much..... i gladly don't have to play it anymore 'cause we get to pick Very Happy

We have a swimming pool at my school..... so we can do quite a bit....
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe
*********
Posts: 17,962

Gender: Female


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #65 on: January 01, 2006, 08:31 PM »
Reply

The boys had to do the bleep test and we had to 'run the lake'.

I love sprints and jumps in athletics Smile I did sportshall athletics as well (not really anything like real athletics - meant to inspire kids to take it up) was the only thing i could actually do (although i did compete for the school in other stuff - was rubbish though!) - I did the Welsh Sports Hall championships 3 years running - won 2 gold medals in vertical jump, plus a silver and two bronzes and captained the U15 girls team for south wales.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran
******
Posts: 7,362

Gender: Female
Location: UK


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #66 on: January 01, 2006, 08:33 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "eira_arian"
The boys had to do the bleep test and we had to 'run the lake'.

I love sprints and jumps in athletics Smile I did sportshall athletics as well (not really anything like real athletics - meant to inspire kids to take it up) was the only thing i could actually do (although i did compete for the school in other stuff - was rubbish though!) - I did the Welsh Sports Hall championships 3 years running - won 2 gold medals in vertical jump, plus a silver and two bronzes and captained the U15 girls team for south wales.


Wow..... you must be really good  goodjob
We had to do cross country..... but i got out of it all the time mwahahahaha Very Happy  :P
IP Logged
kwevus
ATP Level
***
Posts: 2,685

Gender: Female
Location: ireland - not succumbing to shallowville


Let us taste those Murray mints

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #67 on: January 01, 2006, 08:33 PM »
Reply

wooooo the beep test!!! i live for that day of pe lol!!! x(",)x
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe
*********
Posts: 17,962

Gender: Female


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #68 on: January 01, 2006, 08:34 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "Banannie"
Quote from: "eira_arian"
The boys had to do the bleep test and we had to 'run the lake'.

I love sprints and jumps in athletics Smile I did sportshall athletics as well (not really anything like real athletics - meant to inspire kids to take it up) was the only thing i could actually do (although i did compete for the school in other stuff - was rubbish though!) - I did the Welsh Sports Hall championships 3 years running - won 2 gold medals in vertical jump, plus a silver and two bronzes and captained the U15 girls team for south wales.


Wow..... you must be really good  goodjob
We had to do cross country..... but i got out of it all the time mwahahahaha Very Happy  :P


lol no - all it involved was jumping up in a straight line as high as you can!! w00t for vertical jump!!
IP Logged
brighton babe
Challenger Level
**
Posts: 1,444

Gender: Female
Location: mentalville


Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #69 on: January 01, 2006, 08:43 PM »
Reply

i quite like bleep tests. my highest score is level 8.5 Crying or Very sad  really wanted to get to level 9!
up till year 9 we had to do cross-country, which i really liked! goodjob
IP Logged
maisy_moppy
Junior
*
Posts: 124

Location: UK


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #70 on: January 01, 2006, 10:26 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "brighton babe"
i quite like bleep tests. my highest score is level 8.5 Crying or Very sad  really wanted to get to level 9!
up till year 9 we had to do cross-country, which i really liked! goodjob


I suppose the bleep test isn't 2 bad once u start. It is the worry of when u hav it. We get it once a year as a surprise, so u hav no time 2 prepare. Yeah I got 8.sumthin last time, I can't remember wat, but I was quite pleased. I want 2 do better though.
A girl @ another skl pushed herself way 2 far and vomited up blood because of it. no
We made r teachers do it once - so funny, they all stopped @ like 4. Yeah, the longest run we hav 2 do is 800m Wink which is quite far enough. Isn't 2 bad though!  no
IP Logged
Josh
Seed
****
Posts: 3,497


.....

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #71 on: January 01, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Reply

What is the bleep test, never heard of it.  Is lacross done on horses or is that polo?  At our school we do football, rugby, basketball and hockey in games.  In PE we do Badminton and Volleyball as well as Gym :P and Cross Country.  I do a lot of Badminton at Lunch and enjoy but I'm not very good.  Can't do Gym either but I enjoy Cross Country.  Volleyball is just impossible.  In the Summer we do Tennis and Cricket and sometimes do Atheletics.  My favourite is the 1500m because I'm quite good at long distance but shocking at sprint and throwing, jumps etc.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe
*********
Posts: 17,962

Gender: Female


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #72 on: January 01, 2006, 10:57 PM »
Reply

Polo is on horses Wink Lacrosse is kind of like hockey mixed with foot/netball with nets on the end of the sticks!
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level
***
Posts: 1,776

Gender: Male
Location: Staffs/Shrops


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #73 on: January 01, 2006, 11:00 PM »
Reply

Wow the bleep test was ok.

When I was at school we played football, tennis, basketball, badminton, hockey, swimming and rugby mostly.

The only ones I enjoyed were tennis, badminton and swimming. I hate playing football and rugby SO much lol! And I've fractured my fingers TWICE playing basketball LOL Smile
IP Logged
maisy_moppy
Junior
*
Posts: 124

Location: UK


Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #74 on: January 01, 2006, 11:04 PM »
Reply

Quote from: "Tennis-Player"
Wow the bleep test was ok.

When I was at school we played football, tennis, basketball, badminton, hockey, swimming and rugby mostly.

The only ones I enjoyed were tennis, badminton and swimming. I hate playing football and rugby SO much lol! And I've fractured my fingers TWICE playing basketball LOL Smile


Ow! Yeah I was told I had broken my finger durin netball but I think that was just r useless skl nurse, it didn't hurt 4 more than a day - anythin wrong w/ u and r skl nurse gives u a strepsil, even if u like cut yr finger like really badly or break yr arm. I'm serious, no jokes!!!.  Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »