Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  What tennis racquet do you use? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Reply
Author

What tennis racquet do you use?

(Read 11673 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #240 on: February 11, 2010, 09:38 AM »

I've pretty much lost my voice due to my cold but I'm still going to play several hours of tennis this evening, some people are born hardcore!

That was me last night. Been in bed all week with a cold, cough, stuffed up nose, bad throat. Played two hours indoors last night. Best I've felt all week.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #241 on: February 11, 2010, 09:43 AM »

Babolat Aeropro Drive - the old one, the one that Nadal actually uses, painted up to look like the new Cortex version.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #242 on: February 11, 2010, 09:43 AM »

That was me last night. Been in bed all week with a cold, cough, stuffed up nose, bad throat. Played two hours indoors last night. Best I've felt all week.

Yeah, can help you feel a bit better Smile
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #243 on: February 11, 2010, 10:25 AM »

Just picked up another Head Extreme Pro for 40 quid. I've heard bad things about the Youtek raquets but haven't actually tried one yet.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #244 on: February 11, 2010, 11:08 AM »

We have a thread for this so I've moved your post over Smile

Crap. Should have known. This will teach me to research extensively beforehand.

I'm actually going to demo some racquets this weekend, two of them being Youtek racquets, the Radical Pro and Midplus. I've heard they aren't as great as the Microgel line - that the Youteks are a little more sluggish...but we'll see.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #245 on: February 11, 2010, 01:14 PM »

Just picked up another Head Extreme Pro for 40 quid. I've heard bad things about the Youtek raquets but haven't actually tried one yet.

That's the one I use, great frame.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #246 on: February 11, 2010, 04:10 PM »

Yup. I used to play with a Radical Pro, but it was a wee bit unforgiving for me.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #247 on: February 13, 2010, 05:36 PM »

Phil, where can you get the Head Extreme Pro for 40?

I currently use a Head Microgel Radical MP and want something similar... I'm replacing it because the grip size is not ideal.

I might just buy Andy's YouTek but not too keen on the price.
[ Last edit by Mark February 13, 2010, 05:40 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #248 on: February 13, 2010, 05:38 PM »

^ Nowt worse if your grip size is not ideal...... I know....  I'll get me pashmina, and get out of this thread.   Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #249 on: February 13, 2010, 05:46 PM »

According to my receipt, my grip size was "Grip 2: 4 1/4" ... what is the grip that is one size smaller?
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #250 on: February 13, 2010, 06:26 PM »

It's "4 1/8"
[ Last edit by Allan February 13, 2010, 06:37 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #251 on: February 13, 2010, 06:38 PM »

Cheers, seems like the decent racquets don't come in that size. Think
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #252 on: February 13, 2010, 06:40 PM »

Did you see my edit or what I put originally?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #253 on: February 13, 2010, 06:41 PM »

Saw your edit. Looking at some of the good racquets, they seem to only come in:

4 1/4
4 3/8
4 1/2
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #254 on: February 13, 2010, 07:17 PM »

Phil, where can you get the Head Extreme Pro for 40?

I currently use a Head Microgel Radical MP and want something similar... I'm replacing it because the grip size is not ideal.

I might just buy Andy's YouTek but not too keen on the price.

One of the pros at the club who had acquired it from somewhere. He used to be a massive Wilson fanboy but has switched to HEAD for some reason.

I'd definitely play test the YouTek before buying it (and you can get a YouTek Extreme). They're apparently quite different to the Microgel generation.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »