Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  What tennis racquet do you use? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] Go Down Reply
Author

What tennis racquet do you use?

(Read 12263 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #255 on: February 13, 2010, 07:27 PM »

I tested out some racquets today. For me at least, the MidPlus was a little hard to control, found success with Andy's..the Radical Pro. Only thing about it that's keeping me from buying it right now is I couldn't get a groove on my forehand.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #256 on: February 13, 2010, 08:10 PM »

One of the pros at the club who had acquired it from somewhere. He used to be a massive Wilson fanboy but has switched to HEAD for some reason.

I'd definitely play test the YouTek before buying it (and you can get a YouTek Extreme). They're apparently quite different to the Microgel generation.
I see, thanks.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #257 on: April 02, 2010, 07:55 PM »

Just tried out my Youtek Radical Pro, and I must say, I'm very pleased. It was really stiff to handle in the beginning but that's how it is with most racquets. Once I got a groove going though, the ball went everywhere I wanted it to go (most of the time). Plus, I got a lot of help top-spin wise when it came to my shots. All in all, it's an excellent racquet. I only wish I didn't put it down so hard during a break, scratched the paint a little. Frown
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #258 on: April 02, 2010, 08:06 PM »

It was really stiff to handle in the beginning.

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #259 on: April 02, 2010, 08:14 PM »

Is that face part of your regular exercise, Andrew? Wink
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #260 on: April 03, 2010, 10:06 AM »

I only wish I didn't put it down so hard during a break.

IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #261 on: August 07, 2010, 11:39 PM »

I play with silver Wilson Hammer 7 and it only weighs just over 9oz.
It took me until about 2/3 weeks ago actually break the original strings in it. lol  And I've broken strings in my Prince racket 4 or 5 times this year already. roflmao

Also just done my first regrip of a racket. yay Been meaning to do it for months though.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #262 on: September 20, 2014, 06:08 PM »

Currently using Head YouTek Radical Pro but after trying my sisters much lighter racquet, I'm thinking I want to go light as well.

My style is basically hard hitting at the baseline. Any recommendations? And opinions on heavy vs light?
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #263 on: September 20, 2014, 07:12 PM »

:
Currently using Head YouTek Radical Pro but after trying my sisters much lighter racquet, I'm thinking I want to go light as well.

My style is basically hard hitting at the baseline. Any recommendations? And opinions on heavy vs light?

Ive currently got a head radical rev, its just a demo one just now to see how I get on with it,  I find that quite light.
Although I keep hitting the ball with the frame because its so much lighter than my last racquet.

Im also a hard baseline hitter....... roflmao no not really.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #264 on: September 20, 2014, 09:12 PM »

Just tried out my Youtek Radical Pro, and I must say, I'm very pleased. It was really stiff to handle in the beginning but that's how it is with most racquets. Once I got a groove going though, the ball went everywhere I wanted it to go (most of the time). Plus, I got a lot of help top-spin wise when it came to my shots. All in all, it's an excellent racquet. I only wish I didn't put it down so hard during a break, scratched the paint a little. Frown

This sounds like a Tennis Warehouse review.

I use the Babolat AeroPro Drive, 2005 version, that Nadal still uses painted up to look like the new one. Good for aggressive baseline play with topspin.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #265 on: September 20, 2014, 09:29 PM »

Still on the 'ol Head Extreme MP. Picked up a couple of 2013/14 models after I, uh, had an accident with one of my old ones.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #266 on: September 20, 2014, 10:31 PM »

I hadn't realised how heavy my old Wilson racquet was til I picked up a few others at my club. Now using the Head Graphene Instinct. Much lighter. Found it hard at first to adapt to slightly different head size but got over that quickly. So glad I went for lighter one-wish I'd done it earlier.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: What tennis racquet do you use? « Reply #267 on: September 20, 2014, 10:51 PM »

What's the bigger one Fed got? Seems to have worked out for him.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »