Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS?

(Read 1203 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 10:01 PM »

Just myself (and my mum). Wouldn't mind being part of the Stirling Uni crowd - but go to a different uni. I do know some of the Stirling Uni crowd though.

They were soooo loud the last couple of times they were there great help to get crowd going. I am going all 3 days with my daughter coming up from Essex.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 06:51 PM »

Not heard anything and nor has the friend who also went into the ballot. So guess that means we've not got tickets.  Boo hoo.
Still I've got tickets for O2 in November to console me.
IP Logged
Joely
Junior

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #17 on: March 05, 2011, 06:00 AM »

Beginner's luck, Ruthie. I wish everyone who wished great things for Murray had got some.

Also, it's not over yet: we were told which tickets we had been offered and given until 17 March to pay for them or else they will be redistributed to another applicant. And since you can't express any preference as to which days, I'm sure plenty of people who can't get time off work etc. applied with their fingers crossed for weekend tickets and have been offered weekday tickets which they can't take...

Hope you get some!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #18 on: March 05, 2011, 08:03 AM »

Ruthie: me too on both counts.Tickets for Wimbledon SO hard to get and tickets for O2 are SO easy.
I guess Wimbledon is full of corporate sponsors and people who see Wimbledon as an event, like Ascot or Henley, and O2 is more for genuine tennis fans. £50 is average for most big events, depending on the day you go.
RG is much easier as well.
Not including you Joely re Wimbledon comment, you'll have a gr8 time thumb up
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #19 on: March 05, 2011, 04:37 PM »

Beginner's luck, Ruthie. I wish everyone who wished great things for Murray had got some.

Also, it's not over yet: we were told which tickets we had been offered and given until 17 March to pay for them or else they will be redistributed to another applicant. And since you can't express any preference as to which days, I'm sure plenty of people who can't get time off work etc. applied with their fingers crossed for weekend tickets and have been offered weekday tickets which they can't take...

Hope you get some!

Thanks Joely. I had beginners luck last year and had tickets for #1 court where we saw Rafa beat the Sod (and then some of Andy's match on the big screen at Murray's Mount ) so guess I can't complain.  And yes, there's still hope.
The corporate sponsors make me sick blueberryhill.  How many of them actually enjoy tennis I wonder?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 07:53 AM »

Ruthie, re enjoying tennis, as u often can't hear the ball bounce because of the noise of champagne glasses being clinked........ not much I'd say Smile
At O2 corporate boxes seemed full of Hooray Henries drinking and making a heck of a noise, I'm not talking evenings either. But some were empty too. I know some companies give tickets to local schools but why can't they all?
That's why I'm still in favour of the Davis Cup. It's held in Northern venues and school kids and genuine fans get a chance to go.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 07:47 PM »

Ruthie, re enjoying tennis, as u often can't hear the ball bounce because of the noise of champagne glasses being clinked........ not much I'd say Smile
At O2 corporate boxes seemed full of Hooray Henries drinking and making a heck of a noise, I'm not talking evenings either. But some were empty too. I know some companies give tickets to local schools but why can't they all?
That's why I'm still in favour of the Davis Cup. It's held in Northern venues and school kids and genuine fans get a chance to go.

Have just spent the weekend in Bolton Arena at the Davis cup. Frankly the support/atmosphere in the arena would have been very dull had it not been for 2 pockets of tennis fans both from scotland (Stirling Uni and Jamies tennis club) Unfortunately I dont think anywhere in this country do we know how to be real tennis supporters. I sit and yell wave my flag and make a lot of noise and get lots of really strange looks into the bargin. It did get going a bit towards the end of James 5 setter but it was very much led by the Uni crowd. Atmosphere was no better than Eastbourne last July.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #22 on: March 07, 2011, 08:07 PM »

Have just spent the weekend in Bolton Arena at the Davis cup. Frankly the support/atmosphere in the arena would have been very dull had it not been for 2 pockets of tennis fans both from scotland (Stirling Uni and Jamies tennis club) Unfortunately I dont think anywhere in this country do we know how to be real tennis supporters. I sit and yell wave my flag and make a lot of noise and get lots of really strange looks into the bargin. It did get going a bit towards the end of James 5 setter but it was very much led by the Uni crowd. Atmosphere was no better than Eastbourne last July.
I was there at at DC and, yeah, you're right, but I feel that the atmosphere wasn't helped by the fans not getting clap banners and thunderstick things like in previous ties indoor ties (at Braehead and in Liverpool). If that happened then there would have been much more noise.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #23 on: March 07, 2011, 10:44 PM »

If Andy plays is there a lot more enthusiasm?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 05:19 PM »

I was there at at DC and, yeah, you're right, but I feel that the atmosphere wasn't helped by the fans not getting clap banners and thunderstick things like in previous ties indoor ties (at Braehead and in Liverpool). If that happened then there would have been much more noise.

Dont want to upset anyone from Bolton but I do agree with you about the clap banners etc also there was a distinct lack of flags around the arena until the Sunday only Union jacks on friday was the Stirling crowd and a few small ones from fans (including ours) dotted around. I was very disappointed in the atmosphere over all especially on the Friday. Still we won thats the important thing.

Not sure I agree that there is more enthusiasm when Andy plays either, and not sure there should be. They all play for their country and should get the support!
IP Logged
E_Dundas
Junior

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 11:41 AM »

I know I'm a bit late on the uptake, but I'm going! Centre Court men's quater finals day. Couldn't get much better. I'm feeling incredibly lucky right now.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: WHO HAS GOT WIMBLEDON TICKETS? « Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 10:25 AM »

I'm going on the finals day, gonna get a ground pass but hoping I can manage to get a centre court tickets from somewhere panic
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »