Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread

(Read 1381 times)
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « on: June 23, 2009, 01:47 PM »

Thought it might be a cool idea to do something like this for everyone that goes. Asked a few about this a week or two ago and they said it was a good idea.  Little tongue man

So myself and my mate from Uni left my house at about 6am (sigh) and met an old school friend of mine at Reading station at 6.20am. We went via Clapham Junction at got to Wimbledon station at about 8.15am. There was a Scottish bloke in our taxi who was quite chatty and alright. He said he worked for IBM doing stats/computer stuff for the tournament which was pretty cool. He said he got to watch a lot of the tennis himself as well which was cool. Now on to the subject of talking to strangers whilst on the way to Wimbledon, I am all for this unless they are a f**king annoying twat. Which the guy in front of us in the queue was. He would not shut up talking to us complaining of queuing/organising/everything. When we got offered stickers the guy asked the steward why they had this "futile" tradition of giving out stickers. The guy was a nightmare, and kept sitting awkwardly close to my friends and I as we buried our noses in our programmes ignoring him pretending to read! Thankfully we managed to hang back by a few people and lose him after a while! We only queued for 3-4 hours and got to the bridge at about 12.45am. Great timing!

We also took the liberty to take a picture of Bogdanovic's name on the draw haha. My friend and I were basically making Bogdanovic jokes all the way there to everyone's pleasure!  yay

So we got in, had a wonder for 15-20 minutes and then went to watch a bit of Garcia-Lopez and Calleri. Garcia-Lopez won the first two sets and we moved on to get some food and wonder about for a bit again.

We then carried on wondering and watched a few games of Ji Zheng on court 7 and James Blake on court 3. We joined Blake-Seppi at the time-break and Blake was 5-1 up but completely flunked it and lose 7-5! Seemed to be a good atmosphere out there with a lot of people shouting for both players. Court 7 was really nice, I never noticed the bit of lawn behind the seats. There was a lot of people lying watching the match there. Zheng is also really loud in real life!

And then the highlight of the day imo, we sat on court 17 to watch Dominica Cibulkovaaaaaa.  wub *swoons* We joined it just before she won the firsst set. Very decent match from then on and it looked like Cibulkova wouldn't hold on in the end! Pretty sure it was her Dad or something right behind us ashe wasclapping and shouting at her after every point! I of course rushed towards the chairs as it finished and as I stood completely paralysed unable to talk drooling over her immense fitness I realised as she was scrawling  on my programme my pen did not work! She looked at me and simply said "oh it's not working" then carried on signing autographs and rushed off!  doh x1244132342213  Crying or Very sad My friends of course found this all very amusing.

LOOK HOW CLOSE I WAS IN THE LAST ONE!  shocking shocking shocking wub wub wub yay w00t w00t

I then convinced my friends to stay and watch the infamous Michelle Larcher De Brito! Tbh, she is louder than most but she was about 2% as loud as people made her out to be in real life. She did up the decibels a bit in longer rallies though. She absolutely blew Zakapalova off the court. You would think Zakapolova was the teenager. Her return of serve was fantastic and put her in control of point instantly. Her power and precision of shots was way toomuch for Zakapolova. I was really pleased to see De Brito. I think she could be a top tenner in no time. I am quite a fan of hers after seeing her yesterday now. A mate was close to getting her autograph but there were too many stewards and like always they sheaperded her away as if she was about to be shot on her way out. Zakapolova looked beaten and had a face like a smacked arse for the entire match. She was moaping about the near us with a long face as if she would rather be anywhere else in the world. The people behind me sounded like right tennis buffs! Don't suppose it was anyone from here or MTF? Hahaha.

My mate then wanted to watch Cillic in the evening which was an quality match despite only being a 3 setter. Cillic looks huuuuuuge in real life and some of the shots and rallies both men were pulling off were awesome. Watching a huge guy like Cillic is so much better in real life. He moves so well and hits the ball so hard as well. It's so beautiful to watch in real life. Seriously watch him if you are going this week.

We then took off after Cillic to take a few last photos and go home. Got a train back at a little before 9.30 and ended up actually getting back to my house at a little past midnight. Needless to say, I am f**king cream crackered right now!

[ Last edit by allyh84 June 23, 2009, 01:50 PM ] IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 02:03 PM »

Very very jeaous! Hard luck about the pen situation, really made me laugh!
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 02:20 PM »

Yeah, I saw plenty of famous people walking about though. Jake Humphries, Miles McLaggan (sp?), Barry Cowan, Agnieska Radwanska (sp?)...
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:44 PM »

Just one photo at the moment, because tbh, apart from my photos of Blake/Seppi and one of Mardy Fish, the rest are shite - was too far away in centre for anything decent Frown

* Resize.jpg (27.25 KB, 308x231 - viewed 163 times.)
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 02:46 PM »

You've done something different with your hair Neil, can't quite put my finger on it...
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 02:50 PM »

You've done something different with your hair Neil, can't quite put my finger on it...

lol
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 03:17 PM »

Who is the girl?

Sorry! Frown
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 03:21 PM »

Who is the girl?

Sorry! Frown

Chris Hoy's girlfriend, isn't it? Think
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 03:41 PM »

Chris Hoy's girlfriend, isn't it? Think

yes

Absolute stunner.
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 03:48 PM »

I recognised Chris Hoy's face and was here thinking "which tennis players are these!?!"
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Wimbledon 2009 Blogs/Photos thread « Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 04:18 PM »

Yeah, I saw plenty of famous people walking about though. Jake Humphries, Miles McLaggan (sp?), Barry Cowan, Agnieska Radwanska (sp?)...
  Great photos and thanks for sharing them - glad you had a super day.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »