Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players

(Read 9569 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1185 on: July 04, 2010, 05:52 PM »

On the street. Fate is certain to bring us together, it's pretty clear Berdych and I are going to end up a couple :P
And I'm not flying, it's like an hour and a half coach trip... yay

Oh, Emma, you think you're going to wed everyone at this rate. lol
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1186 on: July 04, 2010, 05:53 PM »

On the street. Fate is certain to bring us together, it's pretty clear Berdych and I are going to end up a couple :P
And I'm not flying, it's like an hour and a half coach trip... yay

I just thought you might have been going to London to catch a flight someplace else.

Berdych certainly has gorgeous blue eyes and certainly looks very cute when not wearing a baseball cap ....
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1187 on: July 04, 2010, 05:57 PM »

Oh, Emma, you think you're going to wed everyone at this rate. lol
Who said anything about weddings? Sheesh.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1188 on: July 04, 2010, 05:58 PM »

Who said anything about weddings? Sheesh.

I thought you were getting married to Jamie...you plan on juggling both?
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1189 on: July 04, 2010, 06:00 PM »

I just thought you might have been going to London to catch a flight someplace else.

Berdych certainly has gorgeous blue eyes and certainly looks very cute when not wearing a baseball cap ....
Mmm if only I guess, the Wimbledon spell is sure to wear off and it's blatantly going to be raining the whole time we're there but oh well. Leicester Square bound for some serious movie buffing!
IP Logged
Shooting Star
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1190 on: July 04, 2010, 06:02 PM »

I thought you were getting married to Jamie...you plan on juggling both?
Both? I plan on being the Hugh Hefner of brooding tennis males.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1191 on: July 04, 2010, 06:28 PM »

Back onto a more serious subject.  From a report in the Sunday Express today it looks like Rafa still has concerns about the state of his knees:

RAFAEL Nadal revealed he is still fighting injury worries as he attempts today to regain the Wimbledon title he last held two years ago.

The world No1 faces Tomas Berdych of the Czech Republic on Centre Court after disposing of Britain’s Andy Murray and said: “I hope I will be okay, but I don’t know.

“I didn’t have any problems for the last three matches, but the pain in the second and especially the third match is still in my mind and cannot be forgotten.

“It can be there one moment, and not there the next. I have no control over this.”

A week ago against German Philipp Petzschner, Nadal needed the trainer three times for attention to his knees and elbow.

As a precaution he has pulled out of Spain’s Davis Cup tie with France next month while a close eye is kept on his knees. How he recovered from the tendinitis that forced him to miss Wimbledon last year has only been partially explained, but there are suggestions he has undergone blood spinning – where blood is removed from the knee area and then injected back into the joint to promote quicker recovery.

It is a treatment favoured by golfer Tiger Woods, who is said to have had it after knee surgery last year.

That, following weight loss and a new fitness regime, worked for Nadal as he went on to win the clay-court crowns of Monte Carlo, Rome, Madrid and the French Open.

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1192 on: July 04, 2010, 06:29 PM »

He's got 1000 points to defend in Canada. nervous

SF points in Cincy too!

Well, it seems to be everyone's considered opinion that hard courts are his favourite and best surface, so this shouldn't be too much of a stretch ... having said that, how does Berdych play on hard surfaces?
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1193 on: July 04, 2010, 06:31 PM »

Thanks Aileen.  This is interesting and will limit Nadal to playing the minimum number of tournaments to protect his knees. He already skipped his favourite Barcelona tournament this year for this same reason.  

With a 5 weeks break until 9th August, this should be sufficient time for his knees to heal.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1194 on: July 04, 2010, 06:59 PM »

So sweet from Berdych ...
But did you notice how he's caught the 'you knows' from our Andy!  Glad about the outcome but a rather tame match.  Don't think Rafa had to play as well as he did against Andy.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1195 on: July 04, 2010, 07:05 PM »

yes  ^
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1196 on: July 04, 2010, 09:02 PM »

But did you notice how he's caught the 'you knows' from our Andy!  Glad about the outcome but a rather tame match.  Don't think Rafa had to play as well as he did against Andy.
  Well said, Ruthie - abit of an anti-climax wasn't it.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1197 on: July 04, 2010, 09:03 PM »

Well said, Ruthie - abit of an anti-climax wasn't it.
I felt sorry for Berdych.  He looked as if he didn't know his arse from his elbow.  To be expected in his first GS final, I guess...
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1198 on: July 04, 2010, 09:04 PM »

I felt sorry for Berdych.  He looked as if he didn't know his arse from his elbow.  To be expected in his first GS final, I guess...

Poor thing.  But, I don't think he's going away - bit of a steep learning curve for him today, but I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in the rest of the season ...
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1199 on: July 04, 2010, 09:05 PM »

Still, it was a okay match and Berdych tried he just couldn't pull through on the big points when it mattered. However, lovely to see Rafa win again wub He's so cute and always so nice in interviews tender
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »