Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players

(Read 9914 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1215 on: July 04, 2010, 09:44 PM »

Stop being a drama queen!  lol  Is this the fight? 

**** no ............ we're perfectly rational on THIS thread ..... lol
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1216 on: July 04, 2010, 09:45 PM »

Sh*t no ............ we're perfectly rational on THIS thread ..... lol
I'm clutching at straws.  I'm not sure what I'm doing on here!  I need to prepare a meal for very tired man....
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1217 on: July 04, 2010, 09:46 PM »

I'm clutching at straws.  I'm not sure what I'm doing on here!  I need to prepare a meal for very tired man....

Get off your ass, get your pinny on and get in the kitchen .... lol
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1218 on: July 04, 2010, 09:47 PM »

Get off your ass, get your pinny on and get in the kitchen .... lol
I'm not good at doing what I'm told.  I have a roast in the oven, but it'll probs be cremated.  Ah well... I try....
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1219 on: July 04, 2010, 09:48 PM »

I'm not good at doing what I'm told.  I have a roast in the oven, but it'll probs be cremated.  Ah well... I try....

Sounds like you need some practise in dishes that can be prepped and then done at the last minute ....???
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1220 on: July 04, 2010, 09:54 PM »

Sounds like you need some practise in dishes that can be prepped and then done at the last minute ....???
I have a crockpot slow cooker that does a mean stew.  A bit naff, but it tastes good.

I'm thinking he isn't with me for my cooking.  He'd be nuts if that were the case...  Very Happy
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1221 on: July 04, 2010, 09:57 PM »

Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1222 on: July 05, 2010, 02:25 AM »

Thanks Aileen.  This is interesting and will limit Nadal to playing the minimum number of tournaments to protect his knees. He already skipped his favourite Barcelona tournament this year for this same reason.  

With a 5 weeks break until 9th August, this should be sufficient time for his knees to heal.
Seems the problem could be more than just tendinitis, and that's what's worrying him.  He's having a break, but he'll have to start preparing for the Toronto Masters well before 9 August.  Given his history of knee injuries, it all doesn't sound very encouraging for the future.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1223 on: July 07, 2010, 07:18 PM »

So sad ......

"A few years ago at Wimbledon, during the peak of his reign, Roger Federer admitted that he liked to read the newspapers. He'd get up nice and early in London and buy a stack, just to see what was being written about him.

About 10 daily newspapers were (and still are) available there, so Federer could digest a veritable novel on his greatness. There wasn't much to say but "unbeatable," or "nobody ever played this well," so it tended to be pretty fun reading.

I wonder if Federer even passed by a newsstand last week after he was eliminated by Tomas Berdych. If there's a truism about storied athletes, it's that a tear-down process is inevitable, and we're at the heart of the Crush Federer movement ..."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/bruce_jenkins/07/06/federer.wimbledon/index.html?utm_source=bleacherreport.com#ixzz0t1PnGybn
[ Last edit by Daisy July 07, 2010, 07:22 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1224 on: July 07, 2010, 07:23 PM »

So sad ......

A few years ago at Wimbledon, during the peak of his reign, Roger Federer admitted that he liked to read the newspapers. He'd get up nice and early in London and buy a stack, just to see what was being written about him.

About 10 daily newspapers were (and still are) available there, so Federer could digest a veritable novel on his greatness. There wasn't much to say but "unbeatable," or "nobody ever played this well," so it tended to be pretty fun reading.

I wonder if Federer even passed by a newsstand last week after he was eliminated by Tomas Berdych. If there's a truism about storied athletes, it's that a tear-down process is inevitable, and we're at the heart of the Crush Federer movement ...

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/bruce_jenkins/07/06/federer.wimbledon/index.html?utm_source=bleacherreport.com#ixzz0t1PnGybn

Hmmm...   I'm sure reading positive things about himself did serve a purpose.  I mean, you would, wouldn't you?  I think it'd be disingenuous to say you wouldn't.  Anything you can get to promote your self esteem, must be good. 

I, too am sure he didn't read anything negative.  But therein lies the difference... he can read or he can choose not to....
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2010 - Other Players « Reply #1225 on: July 08, 2010, 09:42 AM »

He could then believe his own publicity..........
[ Last edit by Iris July 08, 2010, 11:57 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »