Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Wimbledon 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 63 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2011

(Read 15557 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #45 on: June 14, 2011, 07:35 AM »

QUESTION

Will the Wimbledon Seeding Committee seed Djokovic #2 or #3.  Bet Federer is thinking about that one right now !!!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #46 on: June 14, 2011, 08:52 AM »

Yep, tanks, Daisy.

Wouldn't it be great if Head would dispense some of the foam "Like" fingers, something like the "great shot"(not sure exactly) banners at AO?! Very Happy

I have my 'Great Shot' Banner cmon yeah

People should sneak them in!  What they going to do?  Throw everyone out?  Would be great to see one in the Royal Box lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #47 on: June 14, 2011, 08:53 AM »

QUESTION

Will the Wimbledon Seeding Committee seed Djokovic #2 or #3.  Bet Federer is thinking about that one right now !!!

Doesn't it go on past performances at Wimbledon?  If so, Djoko 4, behind Andy Whistle

But will search real rules in the meantime search

Found it!

The Wimbledon seeding committee uses a formula for their men's seedings which relies primarily on the ATP rankings while also putting more emphasis on the player's grass court results from the last two years.
IP Logged
allyh84
ATP Level

Britain's number 3

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #48 on: June 14, 2011, 08:56 AM »

This time next week I will be in the queue!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #49 on: June 14, 2011, 08:57 AM »

Doesn't it go on past performances at Wimbledon?  If so, Djoko 4, behind Andy Whistle

But will search real rules in the meantime search

Found it!

The Wimbledon seeding committee uses a formula for their men's seedings which relies primarily on the ATP rankings while also putting more emphasis on the player's grass court results from the last two years.

The Wimbledon Seeding Committee are demi Gods and do it their way !! 
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #50 on: June 14, 2011, 08:57 AM »

Jammy jammy jammy .... envy envy envy Very Happy
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #51 on: June 14, 2011, 09:04 AM »

Yes, you lucky person Very Happy  My favourite out of them all, though having attended AO, that comes a very close second.  Enjoy!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #52 on: June 14, 2011, 09:18 AM »

Didn't realise that they had seeds for qualifying, but they do! Very Happy

No.1 seed Lukas Rosol was one of a host of seeds to fall as qualifying for The Championships got under way at the Bank of England Club in Roehampton on Monday.

Rosol lost 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 to Belgium's David Goffin, opening up his section of the draw to six players ranked outside the top 150 in the world. The Czech world no.89 lost his focus after going a set up on Goffin, and unlike on his favoured clay, the match can turn quickly on grass and Rosol was out the tournament before it had barely begun. Goffin meanwhile possesses more of an all-court game than the Czech, to whom he conceded over a foot in height. At 5'4", he is the smallest player on the ATP tour but he managed to dismantle his lofty opponent by keeping his unforced errors to a minimum.

Dustin Brown, complete with fluorescent orange and yellow laces to his shoes, also went out. The no.7 seed was tormented all afternoon by Grega Zemlja, who qualified for the Australian Open earlier in the year and pushed the flamboyant Marcos Baghdatis to five sets once in the main draw. After dropping the first set, Germany's Brown rallied back to take the second and had three break points early in the third and again at 3-4. Slovenian Davis Cup player Zemlja focused on Brown's backhand however and served big at the right times. He then began making inroads into the German's service game with precise, aggressive counter-attacks, picking Brown off when he came in to the net. With the benefit of serving first and always holding, he made the pressure tell on Brown, who lost the final set in the 14th game to give Zemlja a well-earned 6-4, 3-6, 8-6 victory.

On a day when world no.4 Andy Murray took the title at Queen's, the Britons in the qualifying draw also fared well. Oliver Golding beat Josh Milton, routing his fellow countryman 6-3, 6-2, while Liam Broady won a titanic struggle 12-10 in the third over Italy's Alessio Di Mauro, ranked no fewer than 692 places above him at no.153 in the world. "The key was my serve and return today, both those shots worked for me," said the 2010 boys' doubles champion.

Jamie Baker defeated George Morgan in another British derby, but Alex Ward and Alex Bogdanovic came up short, the former falling in three tight sets to up-and-coming American Ryan Harrison and latter losing to Germany's Bastian Knittel.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #53 on: June 14, 2011, 08:20 PM »

Ward is in nice form, he will play tomorrow a third set eith Tipsarevic. Maybe he can suprise us with some wins next week?
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #54 on: June 14, 2011, 09:58 PM »

Centre Court tickets for the first Saturday and Court 1 on the second Thursday. Get in!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #55 on: June 14, 2011, 10:55 PM »

Ward is in nice form, he will play tomorrow a third set eith Tipsarevic. Maybe he can suprise us with some wins next week?
With a favourable draw I think Ward's capable of 3rd round, maybe even 4th round (would certainly need a good draw for that though).
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #56 on: June 14, 2011, 10:58 PM »

Centre Court tickets for the first Saturday and Court 1 on the second Thursday. Get in!

GREEN!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #57 on: June 14, 2011, 11:12 PM »

Been reading up on the internet and people are saying arriving at 2pm the day before is too late to get centre court tickets. Wondering if someone who camped out last year can testify.  I know a few years ago you could arrive at 6pm and be fine but things seem to be a lot more popular now, some even suggesting queueing from Tuesday for Thursdays play... shocking
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #58 on: June 14, 2011, 11:44 PM »

With a favourable draw I think Ward's capable of 3rd round, maybe even 4th round (would certainly need a good draw for that though).

He's a set apiece with Tipsy. Interesting.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2011 « Reply #59 on: June 14, 2011, 11:51 PM »

He's  doing pretty good lets hope he goes on to the next round.Must take the presure off of Andy somewhat.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 63 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »