Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Regardless of whether Andy wins it or not, Wimbledon 13 is one of the best ever! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Regardless of whether Andy wins it or not, Wimbledon 13 is one of the best ever!

(Read 1076 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

This was a great Wimbledon for me when Rafa got knocked out in round 1 and Federer got knocked out in round 2, the fact that Andy won it just puts it into orbit
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

On twitter all the neutrals were going nuts. They loved it.

I'm only talking about genuine tennis fans here, as they're the only people I follow.

Horses for Courses, i have a few friends in the US who love tennis, they all thought it was dull as dishwater, citing it was too one sided for the most part.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

As Andy fans we can gloss over the fact that the match was not the greatest contest between these 2 players, for the neutral it was probably pretty boring, but on the flip side we as Andy fans think that was probably the greatest final of all time Smile

I kinda agree here. Not many found it very interesting because they expected a tougher and more entertaining match. But who cares, I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Dull as dishwater?  Rolling Eyes To me, they were like two Gladiators battling for their lives in the arena....only without the blood! There's just no pleasing some folk!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Hmm, tennis "experts" seem to think it was a very good match. Also u gotta remember how damn hot it was. Amazing they were still standing after 3 hours.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

I agree it was anything but dull what does it take to make the Americans excited. Like Caz I thought it was a great match. It was full of great tennis and great shots. Really I don't get it at all perhaps they do not get the culture involved at Wimbledon. For me it was unforgetable and a day to remember for me and thousands of others.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »