Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Wimbledon - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 141 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon - The Other Players

(Read 17236 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 01:23 PM »

I have just heard them say how good Delpo is as he has won a GS.  I had a look and he has only been in one SF the rest have been 3, 4 and qtrs. in his career.  As much as I love him I wish they would stop this nonsense with the stats.  I am also sick of having Federer and Nadal stuffed down my throat.  The media are partly to blame for the fact that a lot of people dislike these two.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 01:33 PM »

The courts look real fast today.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 01:33 PM »

GO ON JANOWICZ!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 01:36 PM »

Wimbledon Mens results (Day 1):

Sergiy Stakhovsky def. Rogerio Dutra Silva - 6-4 6-0 6-4
Benoit Paire [25] def. Adrian Ungur - 6-4 4-6 6-3 6-1

(Updates to come as matches are completed)
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 01:40 PM »

GO ON JANOWICZ!
You're against Edmund?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 01:41 PM »

You're against Edmund?

He wasn't going to win anyway.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 01:43 PM »

You're against Edmund?

Not neccesarily against him, but I am a Janowicz fan.

However, would not mind too much if Edmund did win.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 01:46 PM »

Johnny Mac does make me angry sometimes what rubbish he talks.He's changed his tune today Other years he's always said that you should put your own home players first.Today he's criticizing the draw hypocritical that. And as for Martina saying that the RF RN match could end up being the final.WHEN was the last time she watched RF and RN play in a GS final or any other final for that matter. That would be a crap final Feds Rafas whipping boy. These guys need to keep being reminded that the number 1 and 2 players in the world are Novak and Andy. Not Roger and Rafa.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 01:53 PM »

Janowicz is a beast.

I can see why he's so erratic though. He attacks EVERYTHING. But he has so much talent. When he's on-form (like he is right now), he just pummels everything for winners (with the occasional drop shot thrown in to mix things up).

I think he'll have to learn to control his temper (much like Murray has had to) and control his aggression (talking tennis now) somewhat, but the more experienced he gets, the more consistent he gets, the better he becomes. I don't know about #1 as some fanatical 'analysts' like to make out, but certainly top 10, top 5 potential there.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 01:58 PM »

Janowicz is a beast.

I can see why he's so erratic though. He attacks EVERYTHING. But he has so much talent. When he's on-form (like he is right now), he just pummels everything for winners (with the occasional drop shot thrown in to mix things up).

I think he'll have to learn to control his temper (much like Murray has had to) and control his aggression (talking tennis now) somewhat, but the more experienced he gets, the more consistent he gets, the better he becomes. I don't know about #1 as some fanatical 'analysts' like to make out, but certainly top 10, top 5 potential there.

Top 10 for sure, but I agree, I don't think  he's consistent enough to be world number 1.

He is so erratic. Needs to keep calm. A bit of emotion is good for him I think, but not a lot.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #40 on: June 24, 2013, 02:00 PM »

Johnny Mac does make me angry sometimes what rubbish he talks.He's changed his tune today Other years he's always said that you should put your own home players first.Today he's criticizing the draw hypocritical that. And as for Martina saying that the RF RN match could end up being the final.WHEN was the last time she watched RF and RN play in a GS final or any other final for that matter. That would be a crap final Feds Rafas whipping boy. These guys need to keep being reminded that the number 1 and 2 players in the world are Novak and Andy. Not Roger and Rafa.

I feel like they say these things for the Wimbledon fortnight brigade, those who think this is the only tournament of the year.

What i do find annoying is the general view from some of the so called pundits that Andy has an outside chance only, that he will only win if the Wimbledon crowd get behind him as if being the world number 2 and winning his only slam outside of the UK mean absolutely nothing to them.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #41 on: June 24, 2013, 02:02 PM »

OMG hope azarenka not seriously hurt that was a nasty fall.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #42 on: June 24, 2013, 02:04 PM »

I feel like they say these things for the Wimbledon fortnight brigade, those who think this is the only tournament of the year.

What i do find annoying is the general view from some of the so called pundits that Andy has an outside chance only, that he will only win if the Wimbledon crowd get behind him as if being the world number 2 and winning his only slam outside of the UK mean absolutely nothing to them.
I agree totally.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #43 on: June 24, 2013, 02:16 PM »

OMG hope azarenka not seriously hurt that was a nasty fall.

Yeah just saw that, it looked quite nasty initially, i'm surpised she is continuuing really, it looked like a pulled hamstring or something
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #44 on: June 24, 2013, 02:18 PM »

Federer up 5-0. Up to Maria to gets her done twice as fast, which I think she can.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 141 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »