Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Wimbledon - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 141 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon - The Other Players

(Read 16754 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #195 on: June 24, 2013, 10:06 PM »

Really pleased for Lleyton - after a string of tough first round matches, good to see him win one this time. Smile

I do like Rafa so am disappointed that he lost today. I think now with his knees the low bounce is very difficult for his movement. I just hope that he won't take the whole year off again like he did last time - imo tennis is better when all of the big four are playing.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #196 on: June 24, 2013, 11:28 PM »

So were Wimbledon being generous giving Rafa a 5th seeding?

I should behave but i cannot resist, i don't feel sorry for the guy who just won a slam, i'm more elated that so many people who picked him and claimed he was like a phoenix reborn and really the worlds best player now have egg on their faces after one match that was not on dirt.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #197 on: June 25, 2013, 12:09 AM »

SSN report 'Nadal stunned', whilst the BBC go with 'Darcis stuns Nadal'.

Whenever Murray (or any Brit) loses a match, it's always 'Murray crashes out'.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #198 on: June 25, 2013, 10:11 AM »

Nadal: "All I want to do is congratulate Steve Darcis, he played a fantastic match. Talking about my knee is an excuse and I don't want to use excuses."
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #199 on: June 25, 2013, 02:46 PM »

Novak is looking ominously good.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #200 on: June 25, 2013, 02:55 PM »

I just can't believe Rafa lost in straight sets. Frown
The problem was that Darcis was able to close off the match properly even though he was playing against a top player. He could have easily messed up. I thought and hoped that Rafa could come back in the third set but that early break just costed him a hell lot. Sigh, Fed has it easy now. ranting
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #201 on: June 25, 2013, 02:58 PM »

I just can't believe Rafa lost in straight sets. Frown
The problem was that Darcis was able to close off the match properly even though he was playing against a top player. He could have easily messed up. I thought and hoped that Rafa could come back in the third set but that early break just costed him a hell lot. Sigh, Fed has it easy now. ranting

No, he doesn't.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #202 on: June 25, 2013, 02:58 PM »

Nadal: "All I want to do is congratulate Steve Darcis, he played a fantastic match. Talking about my knee is an excuse and I don't want to use excuses."

"In few weeks, excuses come out, no?"
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #203 on: June 25, 2013, 03:00 PM »

No, he doesn't.

Janowicz can't win against him. He could make it a 5 setter though. I'm looking forward to that match. Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #204 on: June 25, 2013, 03:01 PM »

Janowicz can't win against him. He could make it a 5 setter though. I'm looking forward to that match. Smile

Hewitt can win vs Noserer.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #205 on: June 25, 2013, 03:03 PM »

Hewitt can win vs Noserer.

Yep, he can.
But feel he won't. Think
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #206 on: June 25, 2013, 03:04 PM »

Fed has it easy? Has Andy pulled out then?

Seriously, the faith in Andy around here is mind-boggling at times. There's a long way to go in the tournament yet, but I fully believe Andy is capable of beating Federer, and the other one who who is currently pasting Mayer all over Centre Court. I'll believe Andy can't do it when he doesn't.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #207 on: June 25, 2013, 03:06 PM »

Fed has it easy? Has Andy pulled out then?

Seriously, the faith in Andy around here is mind-boggling at times. There's a long way to go in the tournament yet, but I fully believe Andy is capable of beating Federer, and the other one who who is currently pasting Mayer all over Centre Court. I'll believe Andy can't do it when he doesn't.

If you were referring to my comment, then I meant his matches before he meets Andy.
And not meaning to be rude, but my faith in Andy is more than enough. I expect too much from him sometimes too.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #208 on: June 25, 2013, 03:08 PM »

If you were referring to my comment, then I meant his matches before he meets Andy.

We'll see. You never know now. Federer can come and go quickly now. I'd favour him to reach the semi against Andy, but nothing is certain.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #209 on: June 25, 2013, 03:15 PM »

Certain people on this forum are quick to get defensive when it isn't really necessary, we all support Andy but let's have some realism from time to time shall we? this isn't MTF some here wear Murray tinted glasses a bit too much, Federer is more than capable of still beating Andy at Wimbledon, to dismiss that entirely is a bit foolish.

I don't want to start any arguments here, it's just how i see it, of course we all know that Andy can beat Federer but let's worry about that if and when they have to face each other, i doubt it's even on Andy's mind at the moment.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 141 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »