Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Wimbledon - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon - The Other Players

(Read 17288 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2100 on: July 07, 2013, 01:51 AM »

Veronica pulls out the goods.

Cheers to you lass. lol

He said it the page before making that statement. Didn't even have to look, really.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2101 on: July 07, 2013, 02:16 AM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/wimbledon-womens-final-match-marion-bartoli-beats-sabine-lisicki-in-awful-match-070613

He's getting a bit of a ripping on twitter. He also reckons men's tennis NEEDS an American at the top. No.. American needs an American player at the top, tennis is fine.

Ignorance at its finest. If it's not Federer/Nadal/Djokovic/Williams/Sharapova it's not good enough. No other players are worthy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2102 on: July 07, 2013, 03:50 AM »

I'm sorry I missed the women's final one one hand, but quite glad on the other.  Seeing Lisicki breaking down in tears in the highlights I saw was really sad and I can only imagine how she felt knowing she was playing well below her best on one of the world's biggest tennis stages.  Hopefully she will gain confidence from her run here and go on to win a Slam in the future.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2103 on: July 07, 2013, 06:31 AM »

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/wimbledon-womens-final-match-marion-bartoli-beats-sabine-lisicki-in-awful-match-070613

He's getting a bit of a ripping on twitter. He also reckons men's tennis NEEDS an American at the top. No.. American needs an American player at the top, tennis is fine.

Ignorance at its finest. If it's not Federer/Nadal/Djokovic/Williams/Sharapova it's not good enough. No other players are worthy.

What a load of rubbish!  Marion Bartoli deserved the title as Lisicki deserved to be in the Final.  They did not lose their matches and can only play who is in front of them.  This is the same nonsense we get when big names fall before they reach Andy.  I am so glad he totally ignores this kind of press.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2104 on: July 07, 2013, 09:21 AM »

You don't see the girl who beat undoubtedly the greatest woman's player of all time as a true champion?
No - I see her as a talented rising player who played Serena on an off day.  Serena repeated broke her, but her own service game was AWOL.  As of yesterday, Marion is a proven champion. And yes, this time she was also playing an opponent on an off-day.  But it was not a fluke - she didn't drop a set in the whole tournement.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2105 on: July 07, 2013, 09:57 AM »

I have so,SO much respect for how the Bartolis have handled Inverdale's comment.

"Told of Inverdale’s remarks on Marion, Dr Walter Bartoli:”I am not angry. She is my beautiful daughter."

And Marion's response:

IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2106 on: July 07, 2013, 10:06 AM »

No - I see her as a talented rising player who played Serena on an off day.  Serena repeated broke her, but her own service game was AWOL.  As of yesterday, Marion is a proven champion. And yes, this time she was also playing an opponent on an off-day.  But it was not a fluke - she didn't drop a set in the whole tournement.

Indeed. The "true champion" is the one who won the final, not the one who cried like a baby and fell apart on the biggest stage.

Very happy for Bartoli who is a player I have quite liked since the last time she was in the final. Lol at all the "fat" comments too. No wonder so many girls get depressed and get anorexic or have other eating disorders when the media and everyone around them tells them that is "fat." ***** sake. That's a normal average healthy size and ******* good on her for making it to the top without looking like a stick figure model. Many people would love to have that body. I've personally usually found girls with some actual flesh on their bodies to be a lot more attractive than stick figures and I find Bartoli to be reasonably attractive despite not being a supermodel. But that's beside the point as  I've also always found sport to be about who is the best player. There are other contests such as Miss Universe to find the best looking.
[ Last edit by invisibleman18 July 07, 2013, 10:10 AM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2107 on: July 07, 2013, 12:52 PM »

I find Wheelchair tennis fascinating.   I have so much respect for these athletes.     
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2108 on: July 07, 2013, 12:54 PM »

7 seems to be the magic number. 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2109 on: July 07, 2013, 08:04 PM »

I find Inverdale's remarks appalling the Bartoli won the match fair and square and looks should have nothing to do with it. She won and won fairly she is a nice happy individual and that is what matters. Looks should not even be considered at Wimbledon its about tennis not looks.
IP Logged
sidtypical
Challenger Level

grrr...

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2110 on: July 07, 2013, 08:09 PM »

I find Inverdale's remarks appalling the Bartoli won the match fair and square and looks should have nothing to do with it. She won and won fairly she is a nice happy individual and that is what matters. Looks should not even be considered at Wimbledon its about tennis not looks.
Quite right Lb. I have to say though that I actually find the lassie quite cute when she's in civvies.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2111 on: July 08, 2013, 12:52 PM »

How can anybody say that Bartoli is fat, you can't Wimbledon if you are fat and unhealthy, stupid is stupid, give me Bartoli's figure anyday over a stick insect like Radwanska
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon - The Other Players « Reply #2112 on: July 08, 2013, 06:23 PM »

Nalbandian is hardly ripped either
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 140 [141] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »