Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 68 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players

(Read 12152 times)
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 11:01 AM »

Since when did they schedule doubles matches on the opening 2 days of the tournament?
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 11:23 AM »

I'm tipping Nole for the title - just think he has what it takes to beat Rafa on faster surfaces. His big test will be Federer though, and there's no guarantees he can beat him on grass.

Hoping for an Andy/Nole final though - I really think Andy would have a good chance if that final did happen.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 11:30 AM »

Ringtone changed to the Wimbledon theme tune for 2 weeks.

I am buzzing!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Since when did they schedule doubles matches on the opening 2 days of the tournament?

They've also started play earlier than normal on all apart from centre and court one - maybe somebody's an inkling about the weather dontknow  

I think our raindelay icon should really be called Cliff Whistle

1235:

David Ornstein has spotted Britain's Josh Goodall leaving the practice court. No-one escapes Ornstein. "I'm ready to go," says a sweaty Goodall ahead of his meeting with Grega Zemlja. He crosses paths with a smiling Anne Keothavong and both look a little shocked as a huge cheer goes up behind them. That can only be for one player... Roger Federer is in the building.

The six-time champion is hitting on practice court four with Jarkko Niemenen, flanked by Petra Kvitova and Ana Ivanovic on courts three and five. The other noise? Well, that's coming from Maria Sharapova on practice court 16, one away from Andy Murray and Jamie Baker.

wave  Enjoy the tennis everyone!
[ Last edit by Bevc June 25, 2012, 12:38 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 01:03 PM »

Djoker just got out of his car and walked straight onto Centre Court.  How's that for confidence?
Off to watch that.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 01:52 PM »

I reckon Djokovic will reclaim his title. I say this because I really doubted him at Wimbledon AND the US last year and he ended up winning both. Until he goes a few Slams without winning (RG excluded) I refuse to doubt him again.

Goodall and Zemlja on court right now, not being show on tv though. Trying to find a stream now.. Zemlja took first set 6-4, 3-4 in the 2nd.

Ryan Sweeting (vs Starace, retired), Michael Russell (vs Menendez MacEiras), Benneateau (vs Muller) and Gasquet (vs Kamke) are the first men through to the 2nd round.

I shall see if I can do a round-up at the end of every day of all the results. Very Happy Should get easier after the first week.

Venus Williams 0-4 down. lol
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter June 25, 2012, 01:58 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 01:56 PM »

http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/57904/1/zemlja---goodall-(no.-3-court)-live-stream-online.html

Stream there for Goodall - Zemlja ^^

In Spanish (I think) and keeps on buffering for me though. Frown

Goodall has just taken the 2nd set 6-3 to level the tie. Smile
[ Last edit by TheMadHatter June 25, 2012, 01:59 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 02:00 PM »

Goodhall/Zemlja also on BBC Tennis website - on the Wimbledon day one live text page there are several options of matches to watch
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 02:02 PM »

Donald Young out.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 02:15 PM »

Goodhall/Zemlja also on BBC Tennis website - on the Wimbledon day one live text page there are several options of matches to watch
Really? Where? I had a look but I could only find the Djokovic match, didn't see any options for other games.

Djokovic's super-human-unbeatable side coming out again. 15-40 down, Ferrero dominating the point and Djokovic somehow retrieves every ball and goes on to hold serve.

Goodall just been broken back instantly against Zemlja, 2-2 in the 3rd.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #40 on: June 25, 2012, 02:30 PM »

Really? Where? I had a look but I could only find the Djokovic match, didn't see any options for other games.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/18572797 should work, otherwise tennis main page and click on Wimbledon live day one, to the left below main match.

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #41 on: June 25, 2012, 02:49 PM »

Zemlja takes the 3rd on a tie-break. Frown

Thanks Elena.

I'm looking forward to Golding taking on Andreev later. Probably 5:30ish start at this rate.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 02:51 PM »

Nole through.
Venus out.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 03:01 PM »

Goodall now a break down in the 4th.

I see this so many times with the likes of Goodall, Ward and Evans when facing higher ranked opposition on home soil. They start off all fired up, take a set, then as the game goes on they start to make mistakes, lose confidence and fall away before going down in 3/4 (depending on the tournament). Edmund as well against Felder.

Only Baker seems capable of following a good first set with a good second set and winning the match when he has the advantage. Ward, Goodall and co. just aren't consistent enough. I think Baker is our best hope right now of competing with the top 100 guys on a regular basis.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 03:05 PM »

Sharapova.  wub
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 68 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »