Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players

(Read 12292 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #990 on: July 09, 2012, 07:12 AM »

That's going to be difficult as they don't play together normally Frown
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #991 on: July 09, 2012, 04:32 PM »

I think they'll get in due to the fact they won a slam though I may be wrong.
I could be wrong but is there not a rule that of you win a slam but are outside the top 8 then as long as you finish in the top 20 you qualify for the World Tour Finals I am pretty sure that's how Goran made it in 2001!
That sounds plausible. I guess it's just so rare that a Slam winner doesn't make the year end top 8 that it rarely comes up.

As said above though, they will barely have played together (not that it mattered this tournament!) Hopefully they can play a few Masters together (where they would be seeded) when Nielsen isn't playing Singles.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #992 on: July 14, 2012, 09:56 AM »

Very interesting interview with Jonny Marray in Today's Saturday Guardian. He puts his success down to an MST- mental skills training guy "I was thinking about everything too much. He's made me enjoy the game again."
Hmm, anyone thinking what I'm thinking Whistle
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #993 on: July 14, 2012, 10:29 AM »

I hear that Fed has turned down the invitation to carry the olympic flag for Switzerland saying, 'I might give another athlete the chance.'
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #994 on: July 14, 2012, 01:39 PM »

Typical Mr Smug you would think he would do this. It is an honor to represent your country and shows his arrogance in the reply he gave.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #995 on: July 14, 2012, 03:15 PM »

10 days on from playing Andy at Wimbledon.....

Top-seeded Spaniard David Ferrer recorded his 50th match win of the season (50-9 overall) on Saturday by beating sixth seed Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria 6-3, 7-5 for a place in the SkiStar Swedish Open final.

Looking at his record for this year he's beaten pretty much everybody he's played outside the top 4
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #996 on: July 14, 2012, 04:41 PM »

I hear that Fed has turned down the invitation to carry the olympic flag for Switzerland saying, 'I might give another athlete the chance.'

Oh, he just wants to bask in his Wimbledon glory and prepare himself for the upcoming US series. Nothing more to it.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #997 on: July 14, 2012, 06:58 PM »

PseudoFed: Have decided not to carry the flag at the Olympics for Switzerland. Deciding which other country I should choose instead ‪#humble
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #998 on: July 14, 2012, 07:17 PM »

Very interesting interview with Jonny Marray in Today's Saturday Guardian. He puts his success down to an MST- mental skills training guy "I was thinking about everything too much. He's made me enjoy the game again."
Hmm, anyone thinking what I'm thinking Whistle
Written by the guy who did a hatchet job on Andy a few years ago I'm pretty sure - Simon Hattenstone.  He asked Marray if he'd heard from Murray and I bet he was disappointed when he said yes Andy had texted him the sat evening and that he gets on well with the whole Murray clan so that meant he couldn't have a little dig at Andy.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #999 on: July 15, 2012, 08:18 AM »

I see Ferrer is playing yet another small tournament.  In the horse  world this is called' cup hunting' in this case it is 'points hunting'.  I do have a lot of respect for Ferrer's play but feel that this playing every small tournament is noyt usual for somone in the top ten.  I suspect he is desperate to go high up in the YTD points.  His titles are mainly for these kind of tournaments.  It smacks a bit of Wozniacki.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #1000 on: July 15, 2012, 01:58 PM »

tamila, I saw that and couldn't believe it! He went deep in Wimbledon, surely even he, the original duracell,  must be exhausted. I'm wondering if, at 31, he sees the end of his career in sight and is just making money while he can Shrug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #1001 on: July 15, 2012, 04:49 PM »

Might this mean he overtakes Andy again in the race as I think they're pretty close?
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #1002 on: July 15, 2012, 06:28 PM »

Yes. But how long for?  He will not come close in the overall standings.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #1003 on: July 15, 2012, 06:58 PM »

I'm surprised too that Ferrer played in Bastad - he's only gained 25 points from winning there so it's not going to make a noticeable difference to his ranking points. He played in s-Hertogenbosch the week before Wimbledon so he's played 4 consecutive weeks now - he's got to be tired after all that.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Wimbledon 2012 - The Other Players « Reply #1004 on: July 15, 2012, 07:03 PM »

Before Ferrer retires I hope he wins at least one Masters Series; the small titles are nice, but for as hard as he works and as much as he plays he deserves something a bit bigger, imo.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 66 [67] 68 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »