Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Wimbledon tickets 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Wimbledon tickets

(Read 1352 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Wimbledon tickets « on: April 19, 2011, 01:54 PM »

Been offered a choice of dates for this year's Wimbledon. Which would you go for?

Thurs 23rd June, No 2 Court, £84 (for 2)
Fri 24th June, No 1 Court, £116
Wed 29th, Centre Court, £180
Thurs 30th, No 1 Court, £96

Wednesday 29th is obviously men's QFs and a good chance of seeing Murray... but £180.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 01:58 PM »

Been offered a choice of dates for this year's Wimbledon. Which would you go for?

Wednesday 29th is obviously men's QFs and a good chance of seeing Murray... but £180.

I'd definitely go for Centre Court and blow the cost Very Happy
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 01:59 PM »

Go for it Nigel! We might not see another Brit at this level at Wimbledon for a very long time or ever. Worth every penny imo.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 02:00 PM »

I'd definitely go for Centre Court and blow the cost Very Happy

Yeah, but you're loaded and a duck of leisure.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 02:02 PM »

Yeah, but you're loaded and a duck of leisure.

Loaded as in ...

WALK IN, WADDLE OUT Very Happy
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 02:07 PM »

You know, economists talk about 'marginal utility' - if you're going to buy a car and you're spending £10k, you might as well get one for £12k that has everything you're after.

The only other tickets I'd consider in that list are the first Friday, which are £116 anyway. So, effectively you're paying £32 each to watch Murray play his Wimbledon quarter-final.

It's a no-brainer.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 02:09 PM »

You know, economists talk about 'marginal utility' - if you're going to buy a car and you're spending £10k, you might as well get one for £12k that has everything you're after.

The only other tickets I'd consider in that list are the first Friday, which are £116 anyway. So, effectively you're paying £32 each to watch Murray play his Wimbledon quarter-final.

It's a no-brainer.

Didn't I just this very minute say exactly that ...  lmao and ... not only that, sent you a very flattering PM ...  Whistle
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 02:37 PM »

It depends how often you go to Wimbledon? If it's once every five years, men's QF is a no brainer.

Maximising marginal utility is on my revision agenda for the next week or so... lmao you need to establish your budget line before you decide what you're indifferent over. Wink
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 02:41 PM »

It depends how often you go to Wimbledon? If it's once every five years, men's QF is a no brainer.

Maximising marginal utility is on my revision agenda for the next week or so... lmao you need to establish your budget line before you decide what you're indifferent over. Wink

Yeah, where do you stop? Why settle for a £12k car, when you could spend £15k? Or hey, hang it all and get a Bugatti.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 03:01 PM »

Economics evidently doesn't account for splurges, FOL.

Maybe you should ask your wife's opinion (who I assume you will be taking)...  she rules the roost.  Hitler
IP Logged
David
Satellite Level

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 03:01 PM »

This is disgusting!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/13131574.stm

No wonder tickets are so high! With all the cut backs announced and now implemented, to see these overpaid prima donnas receive over £1 million is disgraceful. This is obviously a tournament which caters for the rich punters...even more galling is when we see the matches on the Centre and Number One courts, many of the seats aren't even taken! I say if the seat isn't filled within half an hour, it should be given to someone who has been queuing up all night to get into the ground.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 03:11 PM »

This is disgusting!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/13131574.stm

No wonder tickets are so high! With all the cut backs announced and now implemented, to see these overpaid prima donnas receive over £1 million is disgraceful. This is obviously a tournament which caters for the rich punters...even more galling is when we see the matches on the Centre and Number One courts, many of the seats aren't even taken! I say if the seat isn't filled within half an hour, it should be given to someone who has been queuing up all night to get into the ground.

Steady on now  there's a whole lot more to it than that.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 03:48 PM »

Hey you're lucky to have the choice. 
To make up for not getting any this year, I've just sent off ror a whole lot of tickets for tennis at the Olympics.  Has anyone else?
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 03:51 PM »

Hey you're lucky to have the choice. 
To make up for not getting any this year, I've just sent off ror a whole lot of tickets for tennis at the Olympics.  Has anyone else?

I get them through the tennis club. They get 14 pairs of tickets in a ballot. The club then does a draw among everyone who's put their name down for them. When I've made my choice, the remaining three dates get passed on to the next person.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Wimbledon tickets « Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 03:56 PM »

I get them through the tennis club. They get 14 pairs of tickets in a ballot. The club then does a draw among everyone who's put their name down for them. When I've made my choice, the remaining three dates get passed on to the next person.
Fair enough - that's where the tennis players amongst us have an advantage and a justifiable one.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »