MurraysWorld  >  Entourage  >  Jamie: General News
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 53 Reply

Jamie: General News

Shame, but they have definitely proven they can hang in there, and sometimes beat, the top doubles pairs. Smile
So long as their partnership continues to gel they can only get better.  And Andy must be so proud of his big bro.  Hope they do well in Shanghai.
IP Logged

Better luck next time, lads. Great run, tho'. yes
IP Logged

Unfortunately for John & Jamie the Bopanna & Roger-V partnership seems to be working rather well also!

J & J now 12th in the race with 1905 points from 21 tournaments, B & R-V are 13th with 1850 from 5.

They seem to have been popular in Japan anyway. Nice pair of sumo socks!

Jamie Murray ‏@jamie_murray 5 Oct
Thanks everyone for all the gifts! You are all very kind and have brought us great luck the past couple of weeks Smile

Good luck in Shanghai!
IP Logged

I'm quite curious to know what some of the gifts are apart from the socks and what looks like a mortar and pestle.  Maybe just good luck charms?  Great to see he and John were so popular in Tokyo though. Smile
IP Logged

John & Jamie beat Rosol & Tomic today - who replaced Montanes & Robredo. J & J are 12th in the race, but another win would take them past Gonzalez & Lipsky, who were knocked out today by Colin & Jonny - good work there!

Most of the teams above them have byes and haven't played yet, but Mirnyi & Tecau , in 9th place, were knocked out by Huey & Inglot who won 6-7 7-6 17-15

J & J play Benneteau & Zimonjic next.

IP Logged

Thanks for the update Elena. Smile

We're definitely going to have focus our attention on Jamie for the foreseeable future.  Really hope he and John make the WTF.
IP Logged

Jamie and John currently 12th in the race... go for it lads!
IP Logged

would be great if one murray made the wtf and I guess it's certainly possible
IP Logged

J & J just won the first set. Won their only break point.

Keep it going lads!
IP Logged

Up a break in the second set too.  It was a double-break, but they've just been broken back, and the first set was tight, so I don't want to get ahead of myself.
IP Logged

And they break back! 4-1
IP Logged

And now it's finished.  Very quick and easy in the end.  Very Happy
IP Logged

Brilliant! 6-4 6-2.

This should take them to 11th in the race, and another win would make them equal to Benneteau & Zimonjic (who they've just knocked out) in 10th!

Play Linstedt and Pospisil next

IP Logged

Delighted with the result. No messing about either. The 7 seeds sent packing. It seems as though the more they do the more confident they are becoming as a team. Congrats to both.
IP Logged

Come on jamie & John  cmon yeah  would love to see you in London!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 53 Reply