MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  2017 schedule discussion thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Reply

2017 schedule discussion thread

Some Twitter reports from French and Spanish journalists at Monte Carlo that Andy has accepted a WC to Barcelona.

Apparently Andy is still in MC and trained on court 13 there today.

Edit: it has been confirmed that Andy will take a wildcard to Barcelona. I've added it to the schedule. As MC counts towards the ATP500 commitment, this will mean that Andy will have essentially played all 4 of the ATP500s he's expected to, however if he doesn't play Beijing or Vienna after the USO he will get a 0-pointer. 
[ Last edit by amongsttheleaves April 21, 2017, 01:51 PM ] IP Logged

Perhaps he has accepted the Barcelona WC because more likely to get decent weather than in Budapest.  Also he's very familiar with it there and it may provide a good training base at the same time. 
Why would he get a 0-pointer if he didn't play Beijing or Vienna given he's already played the required 4 500s?  And never understand MC's status as a kind of hybrid 1000/500.
IP Logged

Perhaps he has accepted the Barcelona WC because more likely to get decent weather than in Budapest.  Also he's very familiar with it there and it may provide a good training base at the same time. 
Why would he get a 0-pointer if he didn't play Beijing or Vienna given he's already played the required 4 500s?  And never understand MC's status as a kind of hybrid 1000/500.

I think the weather is a factor. Not looking good in Budapest.

The 0-pointer is because they have to play one after the USO.
IP Logged

Andy confirmed to play Beijing.
IP Logged

Andy confirmed to play Beijing.
Where did you learn that atl? I cannot see it mentioned on his web page.
IP Logged

Where did you learn that atl? I cannot see it mentioned on his web page.

Announced by the tournaments official twitter- https://mobile.twitter.com/ChinaOpen/status/887220798020243456
IP Logged

Announced by the tournaments official twitter- https://mobile.twitter.com/ChinaOpen/status/887220798020243456
That's very encouraging news, particularly as it puts paid to the media's doom and gloom speculation that the troublesome hip might need surgery.
IP Logged

That's very encouraging news, particularly as it puts paid to the media's doom and gloom speculation that the troublesome hip might need surgery.
.  Hip surgery would mean the end of his professional tennis career apparently. Media speculation is a load of baloney mostly.
IP Logged

.  Hip surgery would mean the end of his professional tennis career apparently. Media speculation is a load of baloney mostly.
So I understand and agree about media speculation.  I might read it but I very rarely pay attention to it, and then only if the source is a reliable one.
IP Logged

The final teams for the Laver Cup have been annouced, thankfully no Andy in the line up, so I've edited the schedule to reflect that.

Vienna are reportedly still in negotiations with Andy's team.
IP Logged

good I'm glad he's being sensible and not playing unnecessary additional matches this Autumn.   So who are the teams then atl?
IP Logged

good I'm glad he's being sensible and not playing unnecessary additional matches this Autumn.   So who are the teams then atl?

Oh heck, can I remember...? I think the teams were something along the lines of:

Europe: Fed, Rafa, Cilic, Berdych, Thiem and Zverev the Younger

Rest of the World*: Raonic, Querrey, Isner, Sock, Delpo, Shapovalov

*Disclaimer: Rest of the World does not include the following - any part of Asia or Australasia.
IP Logged

thanks atl.   Yes rest of world seems to mean the Americas.
IP Logged

thanks atl.   Yes rest of world seems to mean the Americas.
The reason for that is because it's the tennis version of the Ryder Cup, only unlike the RC Canada is included.
IP Logged

and also it would seem Latin America given delpo is playing. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Reply