MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy's stats
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Reply

Andy's stats

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-3685334/Wimbledon-champion-Andy-Murray-hopes-firm-deal-Ivan-Lendl-coach.html

Hi Dex,

Can you add Ken rosewall who has 4 GSs (2,1,0,1) please ? Thanks.
This means Andy is pushed down to 18th position in the open era.
IP Logged
dex

Will do I have the spreadsheet on my work PC, not here at home. I think I had Ken on there originally but must have deleted him, see blank row in the 4'rs.
IP Logged

Andy is 8 wins away from 600 career wins. He should reach that before the USO. I'd expect him to do that at the Olympics providing he does play Toronto, which I think is fairly likely because he'll want to get match play on hard before Rio.

Hopefully he'll be sensible and skip Cincy if he plays Toronto.
IP Logged

I agree with you ATL as the Olympics finish on 14th August, same day that Cincy starts.  In the grand scheme of things I think Andy should skip Cincy to train and prepare for the USO.
[ Last edit by Philip July 14, 2016, 11:54 am ] IP Logged
dex

He'll want to do Toronto (Rogers Cup) as he has 1000 points to defend, Cincy's not so bad at 360.
IP Logged

Let's hope Andy is able to defend Toronto otherwise he will lose quite a lot of points.
[ Last edit by Philip July 14, 2016, 04:45 pm ] IP Logged

Dont think its important to defend points he's far from no 1 and way ahead of no 3. It's all the points for the rest of the year that matter, Andy just needs to do a bit better than novak for the rest of the year.
IP Logged

Dont think its important to defend points he's far from no 1 and way ahead of no 3. It's all the points for the rest of the year that matter, Andy just needs to do a bit better than novak for the rest of the year.

True, but the US Summer Hard Court series is usually when Novak slips up and where Andy can take advantage. I think if Andy is to end the year at number 1 he needs to win Toronto and the US Open. Both Andy and Novak will probably withdraw from Cincy, depending on how they do in Rio.
IP Logged

well we know he's withdrawn from Toronto now.   I guess he must feel he won't be able to defend his title anyway so better to use the time relaxing and training.  Who knows it might pay off come the USO, which is where he could really pick up points this Autumn.
IP Logged
dex

Roger Federer is out for the remainder of the season due to this knee injury, could this be the end.................
IP Logged

Yes. I think this is the end for Roger. The spirit is willing but the body is weak. I think Roger can stay in the top 10 but out of the top 4.
IP Logged

Some of you may have seen a stat for Andy this year which shows us that he broke serve at least once in every single match he played in 2016 - 87 matches in all.

Novak achieved breaking serve in 83 consecutive matches in 2013, but didn't manage to do that in 2015 or 2011, which were without doubt his best seasons. Federer has never managed a big breaking serve streak. Nonetheless when you look at matches where Andy and Novak didn't manage to break serve Federer is very often the guy on the other side of the net.

That isn't a record in one season though as Lleyton Hewitt broke serve in all 95 of his matches in 2001.

Andy's breaking serve in consectutive matches streak goes back to August 2015. The last player Andy didn't manage to break was Federer in Cincinnati 2015. Meaning Andy has broken serve in 107 consecutive matches.

That still isn't a record though. Davydenko broke serve in at least 159 consecutive matches from 2006 to 2009.

The data isn't clear and both he and Hewitt might have had longer breaking-serve streaks than that, but it is known for certain that Davydenko broke serve in 159 consecutive matches. Could be 182 though depending on a Davis Cup match in 2008 for which there is no match data. Hewitt could even be 230 but the data is incomplete.

To overtake that Andy would need to break serve in his next 53 matches to reach 160.

Rafa had two streaks of 146 and 156, while Novak's longest streak is 127 from 2012 to 2014.

More information here:

http://www.tennisabstract.com/blog/
[ Last edit by amongsttheleaves November 23, 2016, 12:16 pm ] IP Logged

no I hadn't seen that atl so thanks for bringing to our attention.   May not be a record but still pretty damn impressive.
IP Logged

no I hadn't seen that atl so thanks for bringing this amazing fat burner to our attention.   May not be a record but still pretty damn impressive.

Very impressive Andy.
[ Last edit by deanopop June 08, 2021, 01:25 pm ] IP Logged

Just watched some highlights from the WTF final again to remind myself why I'm here.  Fricking awesome!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Reply