MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Queens
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Reply

Andy at Queens

* image.jpeg (539.16 KB. 1680x1008 - viewed 149 times.)

After recuperating following a fantastic clay court season which saw Andy reach the semis in Monte Carlo, the final in Madrid, lift the title in Rome, and reaching the final at Roland Garros, Andy returns to the match court at London's Queens Club, where he is a four-time winner and defending champion. All four titles were won in odd years, with even years seeing rather more disappointing results.

The draw was conducted on Saturday 11th June. Andy's projected draw is:

R1: Mahut
R2: Bedene/Paire
QF: Simon
SF: Gasquet/Cilic
F: Wawrinka/Raonic

Full draw below.

* image.png (335.29 KB. 1536x2048 - viewed 140 times.)

Andy was originally also entered to play doubles with Colin Fleming but has withdrawn. Fleming will now play with Jonathan Erlich.

Andy hit for the first time at Queens in Saturday afternoon.

IP Logged

Many thanks atl. We shall be watching Andy from the Cairngorm area when we're within wifi range and wish him the very best of luck. Hope London's chance of sunshine is better than ours just now.
IP Logged

we had glorious sunshine all day but 7 miles away they were flooded out I.m afraid the weather next week in the london area is likely to be mixed I don't think Queens has any indoors facilities,
IP Logged

Have to say my heart sank when I saw who he's playing in the first round.  I was at Queens when Mahut beat him a few years ago (though on the other court).  I had to put up with the horrible hooray henrys celebrating Andy's loss afterwards.  I don't feel too confident because Mahut has been playing a tournament this week and Andy hasn't practised till today it would seem.  According to BBC website he starts Monday. That surprises me because I'd assumed he'd ask to start Tuesday to give him an extra day to practise.  Do hope he comes through ok -  obviously but also because I'm going Wednesday and Thursday, have what look like fabulous seats and so want to see our Andy!  Though of course the weather could have something to say about that too
IP Logged

anyone have any info on where it is being shown?
IP Logged

anyone have any info on where it is being shown?

The BBC will broadcast it. TennisTV do not broadcast Queens.

Eurosport or Sky might also broadcast it.
IP Logged

According to BBC website he starts Monday. That surprises me because I'd assumed he'd ask to start Tuesday to give him an extra day to practise.

I'm surprised the BBC website says that as well. None of the tennis journalists on Twitter have said anything about a Monday start. I'm not 100% certain that is correct until it is confirmed elsewhere.

Maybe they want the defending champion to play on day 1?
IP Logged

I doubt he'll play Monday when Mahut is in a final tomorrow.
IP Logged

I doubt he'll play Monday when Mahut is in a final tomorrow.

Good point!
IP Logged

From Andy's FB page

Good to be back on the grass again today... Nice of the red arrows to pay a visit too

* image.jpg (57.27 KB. 480x480 - viewed 440 times.)

* image.jpeg (100.15 KB. 1202x653 - viewed 150 times.)

[ Last edit by amongsttheleaves June 11, 2016, 08:28 PM ] IP Logged
deb

Looking forward to the grass , muzz is going to do well I think .
IP Logged

ATL - Love it!
IP Logged

Looking forward to the grass , muzz is going to do well I think .
At least if he gets to the final he won't have to play you-know-who!

It could be interesting to know what effect, if any, McEnroe is having on Raonic's game, particularly if he and Andy meet in the final.
IP Logged

Lovely, lovely grass. tender Let's hope Mahut is knackered when they play then! Whistle
IP Logged

Lovely, lovely grass.
Rafa,s last words before it went all apeshit.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Reply