MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Queens
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply

Andy at Queens

This article in the Daily Fail says Andy has been ill since returning from Paris http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-3637120/Dan-Evans-puts-doubts-grass-Andy-Murray-sights.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Mahut's a tricky opener; but I'm sending only positive vibes and good luck to Andy for a successful grass season. cmonandy
IP Logged

Hopefully not that ill and it wouldn't seem so given he helped launch a Wimbledon community event on Wednesday (see video thread).  I think he's probably just been exhausted and fulfilling PR stuff two days running might have been just too much,  Feel very  nervous about his first match.  Hope Mahut has a long energy-sapping match today, which he loses.  I like him actually but don't want him getting too confident right now!
IP Logged

Currently raining in S'hertogenbosch and forecast is for rain all day, Mahut may not even get on court.
IP Logged

Currently raining in S'hertogenbosch and forecast is for rain all day, Mahut may not even get on court.

Weather really not looking promising for the men's final to get finished today but maybe started. The women's match should get finished if the forecast that it should clear for a couple of hours is correct. But heavy rain due again in around 4pm again.
IP Logged

Weather really not looking promising for the men's final to get finished today but maybe started. The women's match should get finished if the forecast that it should clear for a couple of hours is correct. But heavy rain due again in around 4pm again.

Mahut may have a tough decision to make if the match is rescheduled for tomorrow. He loves playing all the grass warm up events but at 34 he may have to consider pulling out. Instead they could just schedule the R1 match on Wednesday to help Mahut have time to recover and get here.
IP Logged

Mahut may have a tough decision to make if the match is rescheduled for tomorrow. He loves playing all the grass warm up events but at 34 he may have to consider pulling out. Instead they could just schedule the R1 match on Wednesday to help Mahut have time to recover and get here.

I don't think it was 100% confirmed that Andy would play R1 on Monday. It was only a BBC article that said he was.

Last year R1 was played over Monday and Tuesday, with Andy playing on the Tuesday. I kind of assumed after the long clay season this is what would happen again this year.

Queens has its own weather issues today, possibly the whole week, so they may still be playing qualies tomorrow.

Mahut is defending champion in S'hertogenbosch isn't he? He's had a lot of success there over the years, so I can see him wanting to try and defend it again.
IP Logged

I had always assumed Andy would ask to play Tuesday to give him more time to recover and practise on grass.  Given Mahut's situation I'd have though it had to be Tuesday (weather permitting).  I suspect BBC had forgotten first round is played over 2 days. So is Lendl there already does anyone know?
IP Logged

This is perhaps good news to have Lendl back At first I thought it may not be such a good idea but therecagain he helped Andy win Wimbledon Us and the Olympics.I believe he is there for Queens .Andy needs some one now to help him overcome his frustrations of completely losing to Nole.Bekker and Lendl are not the best of friends so hence the rivalry that Andy needs to beat him. ALL good lets see.

IP Logged

Mahut is defending champion in S'hertogenbosch isn't he? He's had a lot of success there over the years, so I can see him wanting to try and defend it again.

I meant withdraw from Queens, Mahut obviously wouldn't want to withdraw from the final.
IP Logged

How much time do they allow between events
IP Logged

BBC website now says Andy starts Tuesday  and that Lendl will be there.
jd - I don't think there's a rule but naturally they try and give players the maximum turnaround time they can normally
IP Logged

Thank you Ruthie.I was just wondering because he is in the final in Netherlands and he would want to play as he won last year. There again meant to be playing with Andy on Tuesday.Queens could not delaythat either.He may have to default.
IP Logged

I meant withdraw from Queens, Mahut obviously wouldn't want to withdraw from the final.

Sorry Matthew, not sure how I managed to misunderstand what you wrote! Yes a withdrawal from Queens could potentially happen though Nico loves grass so it would be a shame.

The women's final has finished so maybe they can get going with the men's.
IP Logged
dex

Tough first round but then plain sailing for Andy.
IP Logged

Well the word 'ill' could cover quite a few things, and I'd be interested to know where the Fail picked that up from, because all Andy said was that his body needed a rest after his exertions at RG, so I agree with @Ruthie that having spent time at the opening of the All England Community Sports Club, something which is very close to his heart, he may well have decided to skip the Olympic team announcement, particularly as I'm sure he wants to spend as much time with Kim and Sophia as possible.

Meanwhile the rain continues to cause disruption with the Thiem vs Kohlschreiber final in Stuttgart having just been suspended with Kohlschreiber 3-2 up in the first set tie-break.
[ Last edit by Aileen June 12, 2016, 06:43 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply