MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the 2016 WTF
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Reply

Andy at the 2016 WTF

I having a feeling this is going to be Andy, s year. Fed and Nadal are missing Nole is not up to his best and I cannot think it will change with a wrist and elbow injury still affecting him. Andy seems to be on another planet which is super. I thought he still looks so fresh, his team do just a super job.  By the way , I have not seen Matt Little around lately, has he gone?  Such a nice person met him in Rome a couple of times.
IP Logged

I have not seen Matt Little around lately, has he gone?  Such a nice person met him in Rome a couple of times.

Matt Little was probably just having some time off. On the few weeks a year when he doesn't travel with Andy Steve Kotze travels in his place, that's been happening since Dubai 2015.

Cripes, surprised that the draw is tomorrow, I assumed it would be more like Thursday/Friday!

I was surprised as well, because I thought it usually takes place on the Thursday, but I double checked on the ATP website and it said Monday. It is going to be streamed so I'll track down a link.
[ Last edit by amongsttheleaves November 07, 2016, 10:16 am ] IP Logged

Probably, a good idea to have the draw today. This means they can go and practice and plan their single matches accordingly. The o2 will be busy this week and next.

Missing it this year because my husband is ill and cannot be left. Each time I have been Andy has not done well.  This will be a good omen with me out of the way.
IP Logged

^ I'm sure Andy won't give a damn, modest soul that he is, and anyway he knows exactly what he's achieved and that's all that matters.  Also if Raonic pulls out, which seems quite likely, then it'll be even more out of date.

I don't understand why they have to do the draw so early though.  I'd have thought probably Thursday.

Aileen,  The last few years the draw has been so late that you have no idea which days to buy tickets for. They showed the schedule for each date very late too so same problem. This sounds far more sensible for those who go and for the players to prepare. I saw Andy lose really badly one year, I suggest because of this. 

I agree with others that Raonic (Berdych if he does not make it), Monfils and Thiem seem best group options but Theim can play well against Andy. Nobody will want Stan, Marin or Kei if possible as they are big occasion players and could cause upsets.

IP Logged
deb

Fixed it for you Whistle

Love it  roflmao
IP Logged
deb

Aileen,  The last few years the draw has been so late that you have no idea which days to buy tickets for. They showed the schedule for each date very late too so same problem. This sounds far more sensible for those who go and for the players to prepare. I saw Andy lose really badly one year, I suggest because of this. 

I agree with others that Raonic (Berdych if he does not make it), Monfils and Thiem seem best group options but Theim can play well against Andy. Nobody will want Stan, Marin or Kei if possible as they are big occasion players and could cause upsets.

I haven't got my ticket yet, always wait until I know what day and afternoon or evening, and have been lucky enough to get great seats .
IP Logged
dex

I've just covered three days in the RR stages, so hoping we see Andy.
IP Logged

Stream for the draw here:

IP Logged

arse stan and kei
IP Logged

Doh

Andy, Stan, Kei and Cilic worst possible :/
IP Logged

Balls.
IP Logged

If Andy manages to beat Stan, Kei and Cilic in the space of 5 days then he is God.
IP Logged
deb

Bloody hell , Muzz has the worst draw Frown
IP Logged

If Andy manages to beat Stan, Kei and Cilic in the space of 5 days then he is God.
  Keep calm, he could easily top that group.
IP Logged

Keep calm, he could easily top that group.
Well he should top the group seeing as he's number 1. But I'll still be very impressed if manages to beat all three of them.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 12 Reply