MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at the Australian Open 2017
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Reply

Andy at the Australian Open 2017

cmonandy :what a smug fest in Melbourne. I really don't much like either of them .
IP Logged

Good old Andy - keeping it real.  He's never going to wear pink
IP Logged
dex

I think Andy's best chance is the French Open, he will still be seeded number one then, but he will be under less pressure on the clay than he was at the Aussie being a five time finalist. Andy has been getting better and better on the clay surface over the last two years, he has two masters titles on this surface now and beaten Djokovic and Nadal on it. The media will be looking at Rafa winning a tenth title and I see the pressure being on him or Nole, rather than Andy.

Andy will be very strong on the grass and must win a third title at Wimbledon, he will be classed as a great if he does. It is not necessary to win seven, you just need three to be a great!
IP Logged

Andy will be very strong on the grass and must win a third title at Wimbledon, he will be classed as a great if he does.

Tbh I think he is there already with two. If you look at modern history of tennis, it is only really legends of the game who have won it multiple times.
IP Logged

Tbh I think he is there already with two. If you look at modern history of tennis, it is only really legends of the game who have won it multiple times.
I agree with that.   Connors only won it twice, Agassi once, and, as we know, Lendl never did.
IP Logged
dex

Yes, Edberg also won it twice, but I should have said 'legend' instead of 'great'. We want Andy to be remembered as a legend, much like Perry who won Wimbledon three times.
IP Logged

Hi guys, game back from Australia recently, I had the opportunity to watch several days of the Australian Open as a once in a lifetime opportunity. Had seen the Murray Sverev match live although I didn't intend to do so because I had already tickets for the semis and the final. It was a tough match to watch. Not only because Andy didn't played like his new self (the number one), but I also dreamed about watching  Andy win the AO final. So a got the see a historic final and two magnificient semis , but it was an other historic  scenario than I thought about before (But I think I was the only one who thought so over there...)
IP Logged
dex

Yes, tough fp. But Andy is now 14 weeks at world number one, just overtook Andy Roddick, so 16th on the list of No1s.
IP Logged
deb

Hi guys, game back from Australia recently, I had the opportunity to watch several days of the Australian Open as a once in a lifetime opportunity. Had seen the Murray Sverev match live although I didn't intend to do so because I had already tickets for the semis and the final. It was a tough match to watch. Not only because Andy didn't played like his new self (the number one), but I also dreamed about watching  Andy win the AO final. So a got the see a historic final and two magnificient semis , but it was an other historic  scenario than I thought about before (But I think I was the only one who thought so over there...)
Wow how lovely FP , and such a shame you couldn't see Andy win the AO for the first time , I was in Australia watching him in the final when he lost to Fed , I was inconsolable Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] Reply