Andy at the battle of the brits

Not sure where this forum goes from here, if you are  not
even engaging in the current  tournament, where Andy is playing
 confused

IP Logged

Not sure where this forum goes from here, if you are  not
even engaging in the current  tournament, where Andy is playing
 confused

I did catch Andy’s mixed  doubles match with Jo Burridge last night.   Did you get the impression Andy was holding something  back?  Understandable  if he wants to stay injury free for the US Open if it goes ahead.

The Union Jacks seem to be struggling.
IP Logged

I’ve been watching quite a few of the matches, but I’m not sure there is much to say about it really, other than it is nice to see some tennis, but it is just an exho tournament. Andy obviously saving himself for August/September/October, great experience for the lesser known British players to play with him.
IP Logged

It was good to see Andy back to his winning ways in his doubles match with Lloyd Glasspool  today.  They beat Alistair Gray and Dom Inglot 6-4 6-4.
IP Logged

I’ve been watching quite a few of the matches, but I’m not sure there is much to say about it really, other than it is nice to see some tennis, but it is just an exho tournament. Andy obviously saving himself for August/September/October, great experience for the lesser known British players to play with him.

Andy was really good today with Lloyd Glasspool in the mens' doubles.  It is those little touches of brilliance that he showed that made you aware what a great player he still is. There were lots of them too. I am looking forward to him returning to competitive singles where he should, with no bad luck in draws received, stroll back to being in top 50. How much further he might go is so dependant on chance and opportunity it is almost pointless to try to predict.

I would have preferred him to start at a lower level of event than NYC but if he can play the Cinci qualifying tournament, as has been suggested, that might be good as then he has more opportunity to play himself back into a good competitive condition. Winning matches in a row, not tournaments initially, is to my mind very important at this stage.
IP Logged

Winning matches in a row, not tournaments initially, is to my mind very important at this stage.

You're right
IP Logged

I just came in to catch the end of today’s  Battle of the Brits tennis on channel 601.  Oh the football match is on there and it’s also on BBC1.   confused    Luckily the tennis is still on the  app.

IP Logged

Not watched much of Glasspool in the past, but he seems a solid enough doubles player that he could do what Joe Salisbury has done and make the switch to doubles. It was a great move for Joe. Interesting that Glasspool has been wearing Andy’s AMC kit at these BOTB tournaments.

Andy’s got some match play this week, but not over done things. Don’t think he’ll play tomorrow, but who knows.

Think there are still some question marks over the USO - telling that they have yet to publish the prize money breakdown. Madrid could yet get cancelled... Roland Garros is pushing ahead with their 50-60% crowd capacity is pure craziness.
IP Logged

Think there are still some question marks over the USO - telling that they have yet to publish the prize money breakdown. Madrid could yet get cancelled... Roland Garros is pushing ahead with their 50-60% crowd capacity is pure craziness.

Yes, it is crazy.  A lot of players were not  happy about the bad timing of Roland Garros anyway.
IP Logged

They are not playing it on Tennis Channel in the States, at least I did not see it on the guide.  I wish I could have seen it.
IP Logged

They are not playing it on Tennis Channel in the States, at least I did not see it on the guide.  I wish I could have seen it.

Tonedial has been posting LTA YouTube links on various threads to all the matches, try the other players thread I think there are some there, you may be able to watch replays on YouTube.
IP Logged

It was so fitting that on the last day Andy returned with a master class of some of his skills and also that the Bullgdogs won the Battle of the Brits with substantial contributions from Joe Salisbury and Harriet Dart.  Those two were the stand-out players this week.  Many others showed such strange flaws in their approach and technique despite having such obvious talent. Just need a bit of good coaching help I suspect. I nearly forgot Raducanu who was amazing for her age! I hope that she develops to lead the next generation.

I can hardly wait for Andy's return to singles to see some entertaining tennis again.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Reply