MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Andy at Wimbledon 2011
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Reply

Andy at Wimbledon 2011

Roddick could win it only if the organisators let him play in the boys tournament.
IP Logged

:udaman:Good Luck to Andy.....bring your A game the next two weeks.
IP Logged

Murray is 3rd on Centre Court tomorrow!!!

On after Nadal and then Schiavone v Dokic
IP Logged

Roddick could win it only if the organisators let him play in the boys tournament.

Hahaha. Roddick is, like, my LEAST favourite. He's such a weed, always looks like he's about to cry.. Yuck!

RIGHT, y'know how Murray's playing tomorrow? That means... he can't be playing Thursday, right? It'll be Mon, Wed, Fri, etc.? HEARTBROKEN! (I've got Thur tickets.)

Although I'm guessing it means I'll see Federer. P-h-w-o-a-r! xx
IP Logged

YES! Thanks SG28. I've watched Andys Sky sports inteview and A. Castles encouraging words on Sports News this morning.  Very positive and not too much trash.
IP Logged

Sensible words, as always from Andy. He's got his head screwed on the right way!

http://www.andymurray.com/#/home/news/andy-focused-on-strong-start/

I may get to see this live since they are starting at 13.00 hrs.
Good luck for a flying start tomorrow Andy.
cmonandy thumb up
IP Logged
Caz

Thanks for the info SG!  Very Happy
IP Logged

Everything is pretty upbeat but it is how things come out around next friday morning which will determine everything. 

Andy is not the favourite, it is not like in 2009 when Andy was #2 seed and was supposed to get to the fina, and I think the pressure was too much for him in that very close match v Roddick.  Everyone acknowledges that Fed, Nadal and Nole are ahead of him, and I think this helps put things in perspective a little, and keeps expectation in check.  Plus Andy himself is a lot more mature these days.

But we have been here before where everything seemed well set for a great grand slam, and he just fell short.  Nothing radical needs to change for him, just that little extra belief and guts in those crucial points v the top three.  I think Andy always believes he can beat Nadal and Fed on the faster surfaces.  I think Australia v Nole bothered him for so long because he was so well beaten, it wasn't even close.  To that extent I think the fact that he should have beaten him in Rome is something even Andy has said gives him confidence.  Andy won't look ahead, or at least not admit to, but his draw is really good.  On form he will beat all the players in his section.  Wawa, Roddick, Cilic or Monfils can all be very dangerous but none has shown any recent form to speak of really.  Andy has 5 games to settle in to the crazy Wimby journey again before it gets really serious!

I love Wimby, but Andy makes it so much more exciting....

Having said that Andy in a final at Wimbledon would be a phenomenal national event, something none of us have ever seen.  How he would react, how the nation as a whole would react, is something unknown.  The support would be unbelievable for him and the crowd could easily provide that extra confidence required to win.
IP Logged

I firmly believe Andy can take this, so I'll just  enjoy tennis over the next two weeks.

Come on!
IP Logged

Everything is pretty upbeat but it is how things come out around next friday morning which will determine everything. 

Andy is not the favourite, it is not like in 2009 when Andy was #2 seed and was supposed to get to the fina, and I think the pressure was too much for him in that very close match v Roddick.  Everyone acknowledges that Fed, Nadal and Nole are ahead of him, and I think this helps put things in perspective a little, and keeps expectation in check.  Plus Andy himself is a lot more mature these days.

But we have been here before where everything seemed well set for a great grand slam, and he just fell short.  Nothing radical needs to change for him, just that little extra belief and guts in those crucial points v the top three.  I think Andy always believes he can beat Nadal and Fed on the faster surfaces.  I think Australia v Nole bothered him for so long because he was so well beaten, it wasn't even close.  To that extent I think the fact that he should have beaten him in Rome is something even Andy has said gives him confidence.  Andy won't look ahead, or at least not admit to, but his draw is really good.  On form he will beat all the players in his section.  Wawa, Roddick, Cilic or Monfils can all be very dangerous but none has shown any recent form to speak of really.  Andy has 5 games to settle in to the crazy Wimby journey again before it gets really serious!

I love Wimby, but Andy makes it so much more exciting....

Having said that Andy in a final at Wimbledon would be a phenomenal national event, something none of us have ever seen.  How he would react, how the nation as a whole would react, is something unknown.  The support would be unbelievable for him and the crowd could easily provide that extra confidence required to win.
What a great sensible piece,helps to keep my feet firmly on the ground but at the same time lets me go on hoping for him to win the slam of his life.Thanks SG
IP Logged

Everyone acknowledges that Fed, Nadal and Nole are ahead of him, and I think this helps put things in perspective a little, and keeps expectation in check. 

Amusing.

You call for caution while saying the tournament starts in a SF against Nadal.

This'll be a tournament of carnage and Murray isn't excluded, though this time he'll luck out and everyone else will screw up.
IP Logged

Amusing.

You call for caution while saying the tournament starts in a SF against Nadal.

This'll be a tournament of carnage and Murray isn't excluded, though this time he'll luck out and everyone else will screw up.

The tournament is the top four these days, but of course if Rafa, Fed and Nole all lose early doors that would change everything in terms of expectation.  However, it is not likely to happen.  The SF is the barrier for Andy as it has been for generations before him.  I am absolutely convinced that WHEN Andy gets to the wimby final he will win at the first opportunity.

Part of the excitement is getting ahead of yourself....I am sure the tennis will bring me back to reality pretty soon.

IP Logged

has anyone of you noted that mcenroe and gilbert picked andy to win wimbledon? it's on the espn.com/tennis website.

this is the first time that more than 1 tennis analyst has picked andy to go all the way Smile
IP Logged

has anyone of you noted that mcenroe and gilbert picked andy to win wimbledon? it's on the espn.com/tennis website.

this is the first time that more than 1 tennis analyst has picked andy to go all the way Smile

No I hadn't so thanks for that bes03.
Interesting piece in the Guardian today - one for you to get your teeth into PT : http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jun/20/andy-murray-wimbledon-grand-slam-title
IP Logged

Andy's interview on the telly just now, what a cutie Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Reply